Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you think that crypto or token fusions are possible in the future? - page 2. (Read 249 times)

Activity: 276
Merit: 23
It has not happened yet that I know, and due to the way the blockchain technology is concieved, it is unlikely that it could happen. There are some projects such as Polkadot that will try to make communication among chains possible, and that would be similar to a merge.
Activity: 420
Merit: 105
I wander if in the near future some tokens or coins can fusion together...like for example in the stock markets or acquisitions, when big holdings buy other companies or when there's a fusion of 2 companies into a bigger one...

Do you think it is going to happen also in the crypto ecosystem?

This is a really interesting thought because the way I see it, crypto is at such an early stage that we don't see many coins that are targeting the same audience. Soon enough, given that crypto currency gets big enough, if there's competition for the same markets, then it makes sense that one coin can aquire the other. The only issue is that there will have to be some type of technology to make sure that people get the amount of the merged coin too. The issue comes from the fact that exchanges don't carry every coin, they carry some coins each.

yes, this is the point, and of course it is going to be possible in a future context in which adoption is growing and a fusion between blockchains o project can make sense, it seems to me that it wold be in a middle future therm but who knows.....maybe in two or tree years adoption will be massive and fusions will be necessary Smiley
I wander if in the near future some tokens or coins can fusion together...like for example in the stock markets or acquisitions, when big holdings buy other companies or when there's a fusion of 2 companies into a bigger one...

It's unlikely because there is no way to fuse blockchains. You can do forks (creating two new chains) but as far as I know, you can't merge two chains into one.

you can create a new blockchain and swap coins to the new blockchain
...or just invent a new technology
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

It's unlikely because there is no way to fuse blockchains. You can do forks (creating two new chains) but as far as I know, you can't merge two chains into one.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1039

This is a really interesting thought because the way I see it, crypto is at such an early stage that we don't see many coins that are targeting the same audience. Soon enough, given that crypto currency gets big enough, if there's competition for the same markets, then it makes sense that one coin can aquire the other. The only issue is that there will have to be some type of technology to make sure that people get the amount of the merged coin too. The issue comes from the fact that exchanges don't carry every coin, they carry some coins each.
Activity: 518
Merit: 23
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
That might start a new trend and this idea might just happen. Cryptocurrency forks are happening because they want to create new tokens or coins that is still based on the initial Blockchain but wants to create another set of Blockchain so they can utilize this technology. If they start fusing tokens which might work, that will be revolutionizing because they want to fuse Blockchain technologies and they can apply it anywhere they want. There will be mixed platforms with good ideas and that might help the cryptocurrency industry grow.

Pages:
Jump to: