Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you trade based off emotions? - page 3. (Read 3700 times)

Activity: 994
Merit: 500
October 23, 2015, 11:09:23 AM
Sometimes yes, if i am happy maybe i risk up to 1BTC at once.
But sometimes when i am sad, i also trade but in less amount.
Since i am a human and not a trading bot, the emotions affect to trade or not to trade.
Activity: 323
Merit: 250
October 23, 2015, 11:03:52 AM
Emotions always plays a part in every trade. The experienced traders learn to suppress emotions and base decisions on charts, signals and market developments. Some people just can't be traders because they are too emotional, and some are born successful because of his personal traits.

Emotions are almost impossible to supress - after all we are human beigns and not machines.
The trick is to learn to listen to what your emotions are telling you.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737
"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."
October 08, 2015, 04:17:28 PM
Of course I do. I trade based of greed, fear and hunches.

1) Hunch - tells me which direction the market will go.
2) Greed - makes me open a position that is too big. Also makes me hold on to a winning position about to turn bad when I should be selling it and moving on.
3) Fear - the fear that I will "loose everything" makes me close my losing position at the worst possible time.

Oh yes, I forgot anger, the most important emotion.

4) Anger - after my trade starts going south, if anger overcomes fear then I capitalize on this emotion to do Revenge Trades, where I use borrowed funds to double down on losing positions.

So, you'll be one of the poor side of the Soros' family then?
 Cheesy

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
October 07, 2015, 10:05:09 AM
To the poll; have emotions influenced your trading decisons before?  I'm curious to see how many if us have fallen for our own mind games. Do not look at it from the lens of now. But think back to the time and try and figure out if it was an panicked choice, or a logical one.

Did you sell while the prices were falling from the ATL because of panic? Did you buy LTC at 30 dollars? Try and differentiate between sound choices and pure emotional speculation. This may be a good thread for people to reflect and see if they are making their trades wisely or not. Although someone's best logical choices might be worse than someone's best emotional choices.

Maybe I might trade based on how I feel, I trust my instincts for somethings and it didn't get me wrong and I think I can also applied it when investing.
Activity: 728
October 07, 2015, 07:24:54 AM
Yes,quite a few times I did trade which were based on emotions and panic.Now I have learned from my bad decisions and doing better than past but still sometimes it happens because we are driven by emotions most of the times.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
October 07, 2015, 06:57:40 AM
If you received you pay from signature campaigns or if you received a notice that payment has been credited to your account and you go straight to your favorite trading platform, you are already trading based on emotions because you are excited to invest your earned Bitcoins right?
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169
October 07, 2015, 05:44:14 AM
I do my Research I don't let emotions take over my decisions about trading, but I know you can't control emotion
sometimes, but I research more often and taking to account a suggestion of other peoples thought about what is
good or bad!  Grin
Activity: 546
October 07, 2015, 03:45:02 AM
To the poll; have emotions influenced your trading decisons before?  I'm curious to see how many if us have fallen for our own mind games. Do not look at it from the lens of now. But think back to the time and try and figure out if it was an panicked choice, or a logical one.

Did you sell while the prices were falling from the ATL because of panic? Did you buy LTC at 30 dollars? Try and differentiate between sound choices and pure emotional speculation. This may be a good thread for people to reflect and see if they are making their trades wisely or not. Although someone's best logical choices might be worse than someone's best emotional choices.

Yes i bought when the hype was at high points before but oh well thats what you do when you aren't a pro trader.  Im up overall for being in bitcoin and litecoin so looks like i did ok.
donator
Activity: 1616
Merit: 1003
October 06, 2015, 10:00:29 PM
Of course I do. I trade based of greed, fear and hunches.

1) Hunch - tells me which direction the market will go.
2) Greed - makes me open a position that is too big. Also makes me hold on to a winning position about to turn bad when I should be selling it and moving on.
3) Fear - the fear that I will "loose everything" makes me close my losing position at the worst possible time.

Oh yes, I forgot anger, the most important emotion.

4) Anger - after my trade starts going south, if anger overcomes fear then I capitalize on this emotion to do Revenge Trades, where I use borrowed funds to double down on losing positions.
Activity: 150
October 06, 2015, 05:56:40 AM
One of the hardest things about being a trader is keeping your emotions in control. The market maker will do everything he can do sway you but if you made a good decision, then don't let short term freak you out.

Activity: 196
October 01, 2015, 12:12:55 PM
Yes, 1-3 times maybe...but I often hold until prices rise
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
October 01, 2015, 10:02:38 AM
I have strong holding hands,

very weak buying hands.. I like my coins... I buy coins lol.
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
October 01, 2015, 04:27:23 AM

Always.  I love revenge trading.  It makes me a lot of manies.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007
October 01, 2015, 03:31:14 AM
I have to admit that in the start I did some FOMO buying that I regret now. (luckily, it was not too much)

Currently I have most difficulties with selling some of my coins due to emotional attachments..

Atleast I recognize it and therefore I'm not going to start any daytrading or investing in new coins anymore.
Activity: 168
September 30, 2015, 09:53:44 PM

No cant do that I have to investigate first before investing my money.
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
September 30, 2015, 04:18:45 PM
I'm not sure if the poll was needed. I feel that when I see other people (on these forums, comments on articles, troll box) are excited I have a hard time refraining from excitement. That isn't a problem for me, unless I start making trades in that state of euphoria.
copper member
Activity: 924
Merit: 1007
hee-ho.
September 30, 2015, 03:17:47 PM
yup. 60% of the time. which what made stop doing alt trading in the first place. now I just do it when I'm sure (kind of) that the price will drop/rise.
Activity: 196
September 30, 2015, 01:17:32 PM
To be honest,yes sometimes i do trade based on emotions but i never trade big amounts..Usually i trade for fun and see if ny predictions are correct Tongue
In most cases,my trading strategy is i look at trade history of others and simply buy bitcoins when i think it's the lowest it can go but i lost most of the times so yes emotions are involved.
My advice to others would be if you are not good at trading but still want to practice then trade low amounts and use mind more then emotions Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
September 30, 2015, 11:59:47 AM
Very, very few people can leave emotions behind when it comes to trading. The ones that can are the ones who profit off all the people who aren't ice men.
Activity: 700
September 30, 2015, 09:40:39 AM
Yes,quite a few time I did trade under influence of the emotions and later on when I became relaxed realized what I did.I always hold 1 BTC it doesn't matter where price goes as this is purely holding for long long period.
Pages:
Jump to: