Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you trust centralized exchanges? - page 3. (Read 1955 times)

Activity: 1204
Merit: 162
May 22, 2021, 04:40:28 PM
In reality, we have no choice but to trust the centralized markets. However, I hope that in the future, we will be able to do away with them, at least in terms of trading and holding on the exchanges. All cryptocurrencies should be available on pancakeswap, uniswap, and other related exchanges, according to me. So that I don't have to worry about getting blocked when I trade.
I think that it will come with time. Right now we are not ready yet for something like that since the fees are getting too high. But when when we switch from proof of work to other types we will be close and that is going to happen in next couple of years.
Activity: 812
Merit: 10
May 22, 2021, 04:33:37 PM
In reality, we have no choice but to trust the centralized markets. However, I hope that in the future, we will be able to do away with them, at least in terms of trading and holding on the exchanges. All cryptocurrencies should be available on pancakeswap, uniswap, and other related exchanges, according to me. So that I don't have to worry about getting blocked when I trade.
copper member
Activity: 54
Merit: 1
May 17, 2021, 08:53:00 AM
They function as trusted intermediaries in trades, and often act as custodians by storing and protecting your funds.
Activity: 536
Merit: 15
May 16, 2021, 06:16:01 PM
I really do not see any reason why anyone should trust these centralized exchanges or store their money there. because over a couple of times, we have seen these exchanges get hacked and millions of dollars worth of coins get stolen. It is best for you to store your coins in your personal wallet.
Activity: 2072
Merit: 529
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
May 11, 2021, 11:20:02 AM
All these systems whether Centralized or Decentralized have their vulnerabilities and we have seen more hacks and rug pull from Dexes recently than from Cexes. The most important thing when using Cexes is not to leave your money on exchange unless you are an active trader. So DYOR before choosing exchange you which to trade on
Activity: 643
Merit: 1
May 16, 2021, 04:21:08 PM
Not only can they keep our tokens, putting them at risk in the event of a hack or other disruption, but trading at centralized exchanges often creates income, and this revenue is so high that the larger exchanges now hold massive volumes of crypto and can have immense market dominance if they so choose. My assumption is that they do. It is preferable to use more decentralized markets as soon as possible.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
May 12, 2021, 04:47:04 PM
I trust centralized exchanges more than decentralized ones as long as they are one of the most credible exchanges (e.g. Binance). I trust them because you can't find scam projects easily. Being listed on Binance for example is not an easy thing to achieve for all of the projects exist in the market. But you can see many scam projects in decentralized exchanges. And it's really a big threat for the investors.
It depends on the trust that you want to place on the exchanges, it seems that you want an exchange where only good projects exist and centralized exchanges are the best bet for that, many decentralized exchanges list every single project available and that means the chances there are scams in there is 100%, however when it comes to the security of your coins I will say that decentralized exchanges are better as they never have control of your coins and that is way better than what any centralized exchange can offer.
Activity: 588
Merit: 100
May 12, 2021, 08:05:42 AM
Since I lost money in Cryptopia, I try to move to decentralized exchange and currently available a lot of DEX to chooce that offer different Cryptocurrency to trade. Uniswap in the top 10 crypto based on market cap so that mean a lot of people moved from CEX to DEX. Trade on CEX is mean the private key of the wallet crypto asset not belong to us. No key is mean not your coin.
Activity: 573
Merit: 250
May 11, 2021, 01:58:45 PM
I don't trust centralized exchange without Binance, OKEX, Huobi global, gate, and kucoin. I also use some more exchanges, but they are used very rarely. Stay away from the LATOKEN and Cointiger exchange, more exchange those has a very fake volume. We shouldn't trust centralized exchange but for transaction cost situation, we have to do it.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 14
May 11, 2021, 01:48:50 PM
I use centralized exchanges to trade. I mainly use Binance and Kucoin, I trust them to some extent. Decentralized exchanges are expensive to use due to too high commission. And risk exists everywhere in one way or another.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
May 11, 2021, 01:10:52 PM
I think you heard the last news about the Turkish stock exchange:
https://decrypt.co/68703/billion-dollar-rug-pull-turkish-bitcoin-exchange-goes-dark
Customers fear a rug pull as Turkish crypto exchange Thodex abruptly halted trading.
At any time, money can be blocked for an unknown time.
Recently, I have not been trading on centralized exchanges and have kept as much money there as it’s not a pity to lose

I don't trust the exchange to be very focused, it has many risk vulnerabilities.
Some of the centrally focused exchanges I trust today like binance, kucoin. I've never heard of the exchange you mentioned, maybe my knowledge is limited.
Nothing is certain, although centrally focused exchanges already have information security. But I've never kept my money up here.

Activity: 1078
Merit: 504
May 11, 2021, 01:03:52 PM
It's not the first time nor the last time we are seeing something like this happen. This is the main problem with all of the centralized exchanges. How are you going to trust them with your crypto. This is really a very hard question for a small portfolio trader as he'll not be able to withdraw every coin to wallet also he'll be in constant fear of losing his coins.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1189
May 11, 2021, 12:29:43 PM
Top centralised exchanges have something they care about (REP) that's why it's easier to trust them, it takes more than dedication and hard work to get to that position and they will do anything to keep it that way, top centralised exchanges is what I trust not just any centralised exchanges
Yes, you're right. There is some pressure from the CEX to keep their reputation or else they'd lose their customers as they're already selling their identity. the least they can get is some trust and fully operational exchange without hiccups like we see with many DEXs.
Activity: 1292
Merit: 101
Vave.com
May 11, 2021, 11:41:16 AM
Centralized exchanges do provide some extent of safety that decentralized exchanges can't. Many of the popular one have higher security for cold and hot wallets and it's near impossible to empty those wallet even on a serious hack or inside involvement. They have custodial insurance and provides many safety feature like OTP for login, trade and withdrawal, Authentication, Address confirmation, etc. And most of all they have cheaper fees for trading compared to dex.
Yes it is exactly what i thought CEX is much and more secured than DEX. However we have seen in past some serious hack on top CEX but it still more secured than Dex. On the other hand the fee is one of the most fact as well, we can always make trade on CEX with less fees.That's why i always trust on CEX.
Activity: 1034
Merit: 103
May 11, 2021, 11:33:55 AM
Centralized exchanges do provide some extent of safety that decentralized exchanges can't. Many of the popular one have higher security for cold and hot wallets and it's near impossible to empty those wallet even on a serious hack or inside involvement. They have custodial insurance and provides many safety feature like OTP for login, trade and withdrawal, Authentication, Address confirmation, etc. And most of all they have cheaper fees for trading compared to dex.
Activity: 252
May 11, 2021, 10:50:15 AM
Regarding the problem of trusting a centralized exchange, it is likely that many people find it difficult to trust the platform,
because all user transactions, occur directly between other users.

I think that's what makes it hard for people to believe in the platform.
Activity: 252
May 11, 2021, 10:34:45 AM
I believe in centralized exchanges, but on the condition that they are protected by certain parties,

in that case the exchange must operate in accordance with the stipulated regulations so that there are no doubts by many investors.
Activity: 910
Merit: 257
May 09, 2021, 12:22:51 PM
Central exchange's is no were to be trusted because since years now we have been practicing am exchange with centralized platforms such as different banks but no profit, no development or new innovation in centralized platforms, now since we have started using decentralized exchange's no problem and everyone is mindful using anything, so i prefer decentralized than centralized platforms.
actually, I am between believing and not believing in CEX, that's why I rarely keep my money on CEX international even though it's binance. however, in fact, despite that, I still continue to use it. however, we don't know which CEX hackers will target next. right now, I have the principle that take advantage of what is there and don't keep 100% belief in it.
The good thing about CEX when we talk about hackers is that they have  a team who watches illegal activities on their site and they will take full responsibility of its users losses, in case it happens.
Activity: 546
Merit: 105
May 09, 2021, 01:54:50 AM
I trust my local exchange since its already verified by my National authority.
But for exchange like Binance i only put small percentage of my money there since i dont really trust it, i afraid that Liberty Reserve tragedy happens twice  Shocked
Activity: 1582
Merit: 690
May 09, 2021, 01:32:18 AM
Central exchange's is no were to be trusted because since years now we have been practicing am exchange with centralized platforms such as different banks but no profit, no development or new innovation in centralized platforms, now since we have started using decentralized exchange's no problem and everyone is mindful using anything, so i prefer decentralized than centralized platforms.
actually, I am between believing and not believing in CEX, that's why I rarely keep my money on CEX international even though it's binance. however, in fact, despite that, I still continue to use it. however, we don't know which CEX hackers will target next. right now, I have the principle that take advantage of what is there and don't keep 100% belief in it.
Pages:
Jump to: