Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you use a bot for trading? - page 14. (Read 17832 times)

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024
October 11, 2016, 03:31:01 PM
No I do not use bot for my trade as I know well that how to trade and I put all my efforts in doing trade and use my mind to choose the correct point to buy and sell any asset and I think that work will not be possible with a bot so I do not rely on bot for my trade.
That must be a right practice, because when you are not unable to predict market movements you may need to depend on others but going for bots is not right decision in my opinion as no machine codes will predict as good as our knowledge and experience. Using our own brain will help us to crack profits from trading. Bots may fail time to time.
Not just in time. I had very worst performance with a bot in my bitcoin trading. I used it to auto trade bots, but it was unable to book any profits for me. I guess instead of going for a auto trade bots, going for buy-sell predicting bots is somewhat good. Because we will be having control over to choose the best calls and to avoid others.
Activity: 924
Merit: 505
October 10, 2016, 02:07:22 PM
No i'm use bot for trading because i dont know what is bot? And i dont know how to use it. So maybe you can teach me about it for me to learn how use and what is good benefits i can recieve in that bot.
Because i heard that in many traders especially to those trade altcoin some of them use bot.
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
October 10, 2016, 10:32:08 AM
I thought it would be interesting to know if you guys use a bot to trade bitcoin or altcoins..

Whether or not you do, if you were to make one, what rules would it based on?

I don't use one myself.. but am looking to get one built, and would welcome any suggestions on features and rules that you think would work..

Thanks!
It more interesting if you don't use bots , In trading you will one who see the trading and it more thrill when you're the one who gonna buy and sell the coins as of now i do small trades for altcoins and ico's but if im giving a chance to create bot i probably build one your just making a big mistake making human tobecome more lazier
Why does everyone usesbots by tradings now i see the point this is the main reason why people are paying attention to peopel who are quitting with tradings you have to be your own bot
no bot can replace a hhuman that is one thing you have to know.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 655
October 10, 2016, 08:32:49 AM
I am beginner with trading, so i prefer to study the chart without any bot to get good experience. I think only the experienced traders use bots for trading nowadays.
No, both beginners and experienced traders do not need any trading bots as no bots are consistent in their performances. Really, I could not find a scenario where we could use bots. Because, some bots are working perfect in low fluctuation markets whereas some others are working with highly fluctuating prices. Manual trading is better for consistency.

no strategy is always 100% bot or 100% human. you always use bots and a lot of other handy things to help you do a better job at trading.

and yeah bots are usually bad when the situation changes like the fluctuations that you  said here, and that is why i say there should be a human in the equation monitoring everything the bot does to correct any possible mistakes that happens.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029
October 10, 2016, 08:19:47 AM
I am beginner with trading, so i prefer to study the chart without any bot to get good experience. I think only the experienced traders use bots for trading nowadays.
No, both beginners and experienced traders do not need any trading bots as no bots are consistent in their performances. Really, I could not find a scenario where we could use bots. Because, some bots are working perfect in low fluctuation markets whereas some others are working with highly fluctuating prices. Manual trading is better for consistency.
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
October 10, 2016, 04:25:35 AM
in my opinion it would be only a wrost hard work for money . because bot can't predict price bot can do those work which are already programmed . so i think you should use oqn hardwork for trading for better profit instead to get loss from bot .
Activity: 86
Merit: 11
October 10, 2016, 04:14:13 AM
if the bot does not predict the best price for the bitcoin
you will say i can do it better
no machine codes will predict as good as our knowledge and experience

Trying to predict is a road to hell! Grin
No one knows what the price will be tomorrow! NO ONE!!! Don't think you are an exception! Even if you've touched the sky once.

I never make forecasts.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 528
October 10, 2016, 03:52:39 AM
No I do not use bot for my trade as I know well that how to trade and I put all my efforts in doing trade and use my mind to choose the correct point to buy and sell any asset and I think that work will not be possible with a bot so I do not rely on bot for my trade.
That must be a right practice, because when you are not unable to predict market movements you may need to depend on others but going for bots is not right decision in my opinion as no machine codes will predict as good as our knowledge and experience. Using our own brain will help us to crack profits from trading. Bots may fail time to time.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
True Flip ICO: 28 of June 2017
October 10, 2016, 03:49:00 AM
I have not used bots to trade. I am not a hard core trader. I just trade when I see the opportunity and prefer to do swing trades than day trades or scalping. I not a programmer, so making bots is not an option and if you want to buy trading bots, I don't think they come cheap.
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
October 10, 2016, 03:40:14 AM
I dont understand the people who are using bots by tradings what if the bot does not predict the best price for the bitcoin you will say i can do it better and do you think
bots can be usefull to make big money or do you think a human brain is many times better off course !
Activity: 882
October 10, 2016, 03:35:41 AM
I thought it would be interesting to know if you guys use a bot to trade bitcoin or altcoins..

Whether or not you do, if you were to make one, what rules would it based on?

I don't use one myself.. but am looking to get one built, and would welcome any suggestions on features and rules that you think would work..

Thanks!
i think you are a site programmer or script maker for site programming . so you can make .
but after Make of your successful bot you will got nothing because the site at which you will trade will ban your account because . every trading site is secure d with security online .
Activity: 1302
Merit: 540
October 10, 2016, 03:29:55 AM

this IS the way to do it. you should first do everything manually and take time to learn everything yourself and then you can figure out which part of it you can do with automation (using bots) and which parts of it you have to do manually.

This is  true , you couldnt able to use  bot  on trading especially when you are still a newbie  because you wouldnt know  how to use it at all because of lack of knowledge  and as you said  you could  use bots for automated   trading especially when you do  long trades.
starts manually then you can assess if you will be fit on what particular trade style you choose to use then if you already okay with it you can start using bot in order for you to take advantage and predict more advance.
Activity: 86
Merit: 11
October 10, 2016, 01:56:24 AM
I use bots, I use them most of the time! Why?
As I already stated before, you should only use bots whose trading strategy you know very well. Ideally, bot should implement your own trading tactics.

Let me explain. Let's say I just deposited 1000$ with a bank transfer to my Kraken account. Now I want to buy something cheap and sell it with a little profit (I wanna be a frequent trader). I see the price of BTC is about 615$. Low is 609, high is 618. So, I placed an order to buy 0.5btc @610 and 0.5@605.
Now what? Now I should wait for my orders to execute, and once it happens I will place my sell orders.
But when? In few minutes, hours, days??? Should I log-in every hour, or monitor the price ticker?

I have a better solution, I configure my bot to monitor the execution, and once it happens, it will automatically place a sell order.
If bought @610, a sell order @620 will be placed, if happens to buy @605, another order to sell @615 will be placed.

I don't care anymore, I can do my own stuff, spend time with family, take a walk with kids, etc, etc...

That is a very basic trading cycle. And it can be repeated again and again and again, making about +5$ at each iteration. That is an example of some super simple bot logic. No black magic. You can do it all manually, but all of us have many better things to do instead.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1140
October 10, 2016, 01:45:38 AM

this IS the way to do it. you should first do everything manually and take time to learn everything yourself and then you can figure out which part of it you can do with automation (using bots) and which parts of it you have to do manually.

This is  true , you couldnt able to use  bot  on trading especially when you are still a newbie  because you wouldnt know  how to use it at all because of lack of knowledge  and as you said  you could  use bots for automated   trading especially when you do  long trades.
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
October 10, 2016, 01:04:00 AM

Activity: 658
October 09, 2016, 10:16:21 PM
Activity: 672
October 09, 2016, 04:43:54 PM
Activity: 742
October 09, 2016, 04:41:53 PM
No i don't use a bot for trading, because i just trade sometimes with small amounts right now. But i think experienced traders which trade everyday almost, use it because it facilitate the work for them
Activity: 686
October 09, 2016, 03:20:42 PM
i do not have much knowledge about trading bot but still I consider it as a harmful for my capital and I think it will not be able to use the mind to decide for a right action at a specific time.
legendary
Activity: 2321
Merit: 1292
Encrypted Money, Baby!
October 09, 2016, 10:50:27 AM
I'm using bots from time to time. But none of those developped by others (HaasBot and CAT seem to be decent ones), but my own creations instead. It's not primarily to make insane profits, but for the coding itself. It gives you a better understanding of trading, certain processes and coding itself.
Mostly, it's when I recognize some odd behavior on the markets (recurring buys/sells or other kinds of behavior which can be used to make a few bucks) that it gets me interested if that process can be automated. A while ago, a friend pointed me to some weird behavior of recurring buys and sells on an exchange which drove the price up and down enough so place buys and sells with profit. I tried that for a while and it worked, and then I thought that this can easily be automated.

My target always is to be as simple as possible, use little logic to keep things easy. It works (said bot had between 1 and 4% gains per day when Bitcoin was moving sideways… downside was that it only worked with small amounts of sub 1 BTC and it didn't adapt when BTC suddenly started trending.

Most of the time, my tools are raw terminal applications, which means there's no UI and no user registration or anything which would enable me to put that functionality for rent. Mainly because I don't want to bother with securing the trade API keys of other users (this makes a server a potential target for attacks), so I only play for myself.
Pages:
Jump to: