Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you use a bot for trading? - page 8. (Read 17832 times)

legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 1040
February 03, 2017, 01:54:15 PM
Not necessarily. And you should know it better (if you have really written thus many bots)

COnsidering the fact that i have a directly mailing approach with exchanges dev i have no problem to ask limits (that are not only limit over API Call but also over decimal places and similar).
Not write API limits is usually forgetfulness and nothing more :

For example i take 4 exchanges i interfaced :
https://poloniex.com/support/api/ Limit is written and is 6 Call/SEconds
https://www.kraken.com/help/api As you can see in bold "API call rate limit"
https://www.okcoin.com/rest_faq.html
https://api.vaultoro.com/

There are also exchanges without any limit.

Oh, really? I think you are certainly (and heavily) confusing something at this point

Yeah, tell me more about Asynchronous bots  Cheesy Cheesy

But let's get more specific here and try to run a reality check (if you don't mind, of course). Since you've written 18 trading bots (and 20 are still in the making), you should be pretty familiar with, for example, Bter API. So what are going to tell about it? What is its specificity? It is the same REST API which, as you claim, is always synchronous

Well i've written 18 and 2 will be added to the next release, for a total of 20.
And yes, i've interfaced Bter.
https://bter.com/api
And they are REST synchronous, obviously. It was one of the first exchanges in interface.

Tell me everything you need. I can teach you a lot about bot world and API interfaces  Wink
legendary
Activity: 3514
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
February 03, 2017, 01:40:56 PM
I think its not allowed using bots in any trading site, its like illegal if you use this one.

LOL  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

How many bots did you write yourself?

I guess none, since otherwise you would know that many exchanges are not allowing above certain number of authenticated connections per second (or per minute). And this is not with just Bitcoin exchanges, many other "real life" exchanges are doing basically the same, i.e. limiting or heavily constraining the possibility if using, for example, HFT bots (whether they are good or evil is another question). Moreover, most api's that I've seen are synchronous. the latter basically means that you can't send an authenticated request until your previous one gets processed

You guess wrong, very wrong  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Okay, I stand corrected

Limits are clearly written in API Reference on any exchange.
That doesn't means exchanges doesn't allows bot, they only wants to avoid too much calls that will results in a similar DDOS Attack

Not necessarily. And you should know that better (if you have really written thus many bots)

Moreover, most api's that I've seen are synchronous. the latter basically means that you can't send an authenticated request until your previous one gets processed

Any REST Api is synchronous. There's no problems about that, you ask an something -> you get something. If the API is Private you simply need to add info to the Http Call (usually a sha calculation over parameters using your API Key)

Oh, really? I think you are certainly (and heavily) confusing something at this point

But let's get more specific here and try to run a reality check (if you don't mind, of course). Since you've written 18 trading bots (and 20 are still in the making), you should be pretty familiar with, for example, Bter API. Before it got hacked in February, 2015, it had been one of the top altcoin exchanges. So what are going to tell about it? What is its specificity (or peculiarity)? It is the same REST API which, as you claim, is always synchronous (which is a big time exaggeration)
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
February 03, 2017, 01:33:36 PM
I developed an automatic trading bot.  See this thread for more information.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/--1776722
legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 1040
February 03, 2017, 01:26:03 PM
I think its not allowed using bots in any trading site, its like illegal if you use this one.

I guess none, since otherwise you would know that many exchanges are not allowing above certain number of authenticated connections per second (or per minute). And this is not with just Bitcoin exchanges, many other "real life" exchanges are doing basically the same, i.e. limiting or heavily constraining the possibility if using, for example, HFT bots (whether they are good or evil is another question). Moreover, most api's that I've seen are synchronous. the latter basically means that you can't send an authenticated request until your previous one gets processed

You guess wrong, very wrong  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
This is my Bot : https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bot-cat-cryptocurrency-automatic-trader-new-price-list-042021-507103
A well known bot of course.

exchanges are not allowing above certain number of authenticated connections per second (or per minute)

True, but we are talking about 1 call/second or much more.
Limits are clearly written in API Reference on any exchange.
That doesn't means exchanges doesn't allows bot, they only wants to avoid too much calls that will results in a similar DDOS Attack.

Moreover, most api's that I've seen are synchronous. the latter basically means that you can't send an authenticated request until your previous one gets processed

Any REST Api is synchronous. There's no problems about that, you ask an something -> you get something. If the API is Private you simply need to add info to the Http Call (usually a sha calculation over parameters using your API Key)

I'm selling my Bot since 2013, currently it works on 18 Exchanges, 20 in the next release, and i've NEVER and i repeat NEVER found 1 Exchanges that tells me "We don't want bot"
Bot means VOLUMES.
Volumes means FEES.
And Exchanges admins are very happy with that.
Sometimes they directly pay me to have my BOT Interfaced with them  Wink

legendary
Activity: 3514
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
February 03, 2017, 01:14:49 PM

I guess none, since otherwise you would know that many exchanges are not allowing above certain number of authenticated connections per second (or per minute). And this is not with just Bitcoin exchanges, many other "real life" exchanges are doing basically the same, i.e. limiting or heavily constraining the possibility of using, for example, HFT bots (whether they are good or evil is another question). Moreover, most api's that I've seen are synchronous. The latter basically means that you can't send an authenticated request until your previous one gets processed
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1293
There is trouble abrewing
February 03, 2017, 12:27:35 PM
Long time ago I downloaded a Python bot from Github, but I found it is difficult to configurate that bot. So I had to give it up. I always use my hand trading, which is more smart and accurate judgement by my smart brain, but slower than bot trading. I adapt trading without bot.

a bot on github means it was open source, and in my experience the open source bots are not that good to begin with, mostly because those that i checked a while back that i was searching for bots were all bad with minimal features.

and besides these bots are good if you know the programming language yourself and want to start your own bot, you can start these to have some starting ground.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 517
February 03, 2017, 11:50:25 AM
Long time ago I downloaded a Python bot from Github, but I found it is difficult to configurate that bot. So I had to give it up. I always use my hand trading, which is more smart and accurate judgement by my smart brain, but slower than bot trading. I adapt trading without bot.
It is not advisable to use generic bots or even a paid one you do not understand its algorithm or mode of operation, because not understanding it is usually the grand recipe for the bot disappointing a trader. If possible one should build their own bots or make concerted effort to understand the working procedures of one before surrendering one's hard earned coins to them.
legendary
Activity: 3178
Merit: 1054
February 03, 2017, 10:58:43 AM
My friends always use bot for trading, he said that it it easier to control and easier to make the trade, but i myself never use any bot, i feel more satisfied by trading myself and i feel i can learn more things by doing trading myself
You may saw a number of people after involving in crypto currency start trading thinking that it is an easy way to earn money even the do not have any knowledge about trade. So only these people often depend on bots for trade because for them because they are unable to do trade manually and they find working with bot easier while professional know well about how to trade so they do not depend on these bots for to start the trade.
I think using this method may be profitable for some time, but I've seen reports that over time, earnings decrease because the market does not follow the same pattern for a long time. Prices are always changing, and this will depend on different events, which bots are not able to identify and analyze to make the right decision.

which bot are you using? kinda interested to know which bot works for you.
i saw an ad about gunbot, i'm not sure whether its for real that they could actually use it to earn big in crypto but who knows.  if anyone can give us a type of bot they use and which exchange it can be use?
Activity: 454
Merit: 250
February 03, 2017, 10:29:20 AM
My friends always use bot for trading, he said that it it easier to control and easier to make the trade, but i myself never use any bot, i feel more satisfied by trading myself and i feel i can learn more things by doing trading myself
You may saw a number of people after involving in crypto currency start trading thinking that it is an easy way to earn money even the do not have any knowledge about trade. So only these people often depend on bots for trade because for them because they are unable to do trade manually and they find working with bot easier while professional know well about how to trade so they do not depend on these bots for to start the trade.
I think using this method may be profitable for some time, but I've seen reports that over time, earnings decrease because the market does not follow the same pattern for a long time. Prices are always changing, and this will depend on different events, which bots are not able to identify and analyze to make the right decision.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 510
February 03, 2017, 07:41:35 AM
I've never used a bot, but I can see the benefit to doing so. The problem for me is that an error by a bot or a mistake in setting up the parameters could cost you a lot of money (wasn't the MtGox issue caused by a bot?). Someone that has used one may be able to tell us how easy it is to set up and if there is a chance for mistakes.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
February 03, 2017, 03:48:47 AM
Activity: 86
Merit: 11
February 03, 2017, 02:30:55 AM
Yeah I know, but I personally hate Java and Net  Grin
My team is made of old school coders Smiley

But I repeat, it is just a matter of taste (religion). A wonderful, profitable robot can be implemented on anything. It is only a strategy that matters.
Activity: 410
Merit: 257
February 02, 2017, 05:31:25 PM
Mainly Java here.
February 02, 2017, 04:39:52 PM
carap: what language do you use for bot coding?

We primarily use Delphi, MatLab, PHP (since we have a great experience with these technologies).

However, IMO language itself is not important, the same could be created on Java, C or Python. 
Activity: 410
Merit: 257
February 02, 2017, 04:19:56 PM
carap: what language do you use for bot coding?
Activity: 1428
Merit: 506
February 02, 2017, 02:15:19 PM
I think its not allowed using bots in any trading site, its like illegal if you use this one. I do trading when I have time. Checking the dump scheme on certain altcoins. I always do manual trading.
February 02, 2017, 02:58:39 AM
Its look like cheating to any one
What a BS!
It is a trading game (war), there are whales, insiders, ICOs, pseudo-hackers... - all sorts of real cheating!

Those who say that using bots is like cheating have absolutely no idea of what the bot is and how it functions!
In that sense, trading with some strategy is cheating as well.
Activity: 924
Merit: 500
February 02, 2017, 01:06:31 AM
I thought it would be interesting to know if you guys use a bot to trade bitcoin or altcoins..

Whether or not you do, if you were to make one, what rules would it based on?

I don't use one myself.. but am looking to get one built, and would welcome any suggestions on features and rules that you think would work..

Thanks!

Using bot for trading, for me its not a good idea I think. Its look like cheating to any one, that is not good a method, especially in trading platform, or in twitter, etc. If I were you don't you even think about of how to use it dude.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 534
February 02, 2017, 12:38:12 AM
I have not used any bot so far because of the two reasons. The first one is the cost of good bot is comparatively high (as compared with my average trading volume of the quarter) so as of now I don't think it would be a good deal to go with a bot. Alternatively, I am still learning trading so I don't think it's appropriate to appoint any bot for it.
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
February 01, 2017, 07:41:02 PM
I do not know any bot with which we can trade if somebody can contact me if he found any bot which really works and also i need proofs for that they i can buy it and start serious job by trading.
Pages:
Jump to: