Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you use BTC as a digital currency for paying online ? - page 9. (Read 3663 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 0
Yes I use BTC for my online shopping even though there are not too many malls accepting cryptos right now. However, apart from online shopping, I use BTC as an investment for my future.
Activity: 294
Merit: 10
I prefer to collect cryptocurrencies. So if I need to pay in online shop I'll better pay by fiat money at the moment.
May be when I'll have quite a lot of BTC, I'll pay in it, but not now.
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
I rather keep my bitcoin and just hold for my future.
although in our country bitcoin are accepted in some online merchant and i know other are using it as payment since it was so convenient , just bring you phone that it. I' m not seeing my self using bitcoin as payment method  online for just shopping. practicality most people use BTC for investment and other transaction. It good to see that a lot of online shopping are accepting bitcoin and that one of the proof that bitcoin is  very popular nowadays.
Activity: 672
Merit: 266
Bitcoin was made to be a currency, and to allow us to buy goods. It's not only an asset you hold or trade. As for now, bitcoin isn't spread enough in my country to be used as a currency, but I hope in the future il will.
Activity: 336
Merit: 12
the main purpose is for investment, and also used as a means of payment, because in my country there are stores and cafes that receive payment with bitcoin, but not all of them only a few, and sometimes I shop using bitcoin, but it is not often I am more often using fiat money
Activity: 266
Merit: 151
First crypto index traded as a token!
Bitcoin was developed for p2p transactions in order to skip the middlemen. With bitcoin it should be possible to have worldwide transactions much faster. However, most people who have bitcoins, hold them as an investment for high returns.
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
I think online payment with Bitcoin  is the next stage. I heard that Amazon will soon accept bitcoin and also Alibaba. If and when that is achieved then bitcoin will be difficult to stop.
Activity: 98
For I did not use BTC as a digital currency for paying online because in my country which is the philippines BTC is not yet available as a payment for goods so all I need to do it is to convert it into Php then I can be able to pay my bills online.But looking forward I hope that BTC will be accepted as a payment for goods in my country soon.
Activity: 602
Merit: 250
I used to use BTC for common transactions, but that was like a year or two ago. These days the transaction fees (and subsequently confirmation times for "sane" transactions) are so high that I find it's not worth the effort. ETH transactions were ok until cryptokitties came out, but then it became similar to BTC.

The best options I see now are BCH, LTC, and XMR.

I see your point. Hopefully with Segwit2x something will change..
Meanwhile I agree with you - it's not worth using them as a payment currency for everyday transaction. They need to do something otherwise it only can be used by who are willing to pay huge fees to their transaction to take place and that is possible only if the amount is biiiiiigggg.

Can we say that is equal to gold right now?
Obviously me too you use Bitcoin, the digital currency for paying online in purchasing books and also playing games. There are many sites on internet which are accepting bitcoin for payment. That is the easiest way of payment and very secure and fast too. The Bitcoin is the only crypto currency which is much popular in every field of life in the world. The future of Bitcoin is too bright. I am also use Bitcoin for paying fare of taxi.
Activity: 560
Merit: 104
terra-credit.com
I support completely the idea of ​​paying for goods and services with bitcoins. One of the best options for developing a financial system is for me. This type of payment will be indispensable if you solve some problems with transaction speed and high commission.

But the problem is transaction fee every BTC usage is high enough nowadays. Many have complained about it. That's why BTC is not effective for micro-payment. I think, currently bitcoin is only ideal for commodities and assets, because the selling value is very high.
Activity: 699
Merit: 438
Yes I already use my bitcoins as a digital currency to paying online. In bitcoin you can use them in all means of commercial or trade transaction.
The best thing from it is they provide convenience to the fullest and make the cost lesser, the process faster and no manual procedures at all.
Activity: 322
homt.net
I think it is a great idea if we use BTC as a digital currency for paying online. It will be more easier and faster if we use it for payment. It will be get more attention for all people in the world if bitcoin can cover all the payment.
Activity: 729
Merit: 502
I don't understand people who do this. I don't even understand people who donating into the games.
Activity: 322
Merit: 101
Here in the Philippines, 7/11 are accepting bitcoin as a payment through the use of coins.ph (popular wallet in the here). I'm already using bitcoin as paying online. Less hassle and more time to do other things.
Activity: 131
I support completely the idea of ​​paying for goods and services with bitcoins. One of the best options for developing a financial system is for me. This type of payment will be indispensable if you solve some problems with transaction speed and high commission.
Activity: 896
Merit: 104
The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation
It was one on the issue Satoshi saw the world needed it. But as far now it mainly use is trading for speculation by the newbie and holding by one who bought it years ago.

Of course it needs to be legalised FIRST somewhere. But after that a, will you buy something online and pay in BTC ?
Or it’s just a form of investment like gold was a decade ago ?

I believe if bitcoin is legalized and many online stores accept it as a means of payment, there will be a lot of purchases by bitcoiners.
I personally will purchase a lot of things because buying with bitcoin is cheaper than buying in fiat.
Activity: 504
Merit: 100
It was one on the issue Satoshi saw the world needed it. But as far now it mainly use is trading for speculation by the newbie and holding by one who bought it years ago.

Of course it needs to be legalised FIRST somewhere. But after that a, will you buy something online and pay in BTC ?

I would rather not use my bitcoins to purchase anything online. I would rather just hold on to my bitcoins and let it collect money in time. However, if I have a need or an emergency purchase, I will just have to sell some of my bitcoins instead. I'm more confident in using fiat money than btc.
Activity: 238
Merit: 11
I was actually an investor and a user of bitcoin for 2 years already , i may say that i am one of the one who uses it for paying like bills . It is very convenient since i don't need to go to different different offices just to pay bills , now i can it online at home . Second i use bitcoin for buying prepaid load , i can also sell prepaid load to the buyers and get profit as well , i can also send remittances to my love ones in different part of our country using bitcoin , i can also use it for online shopping and wait for it until the item get delivered at home . Everything can be done with bitcoin without any hassle , stress free , and very convenient , you can also do work at home with bitcoin just hold your bitcoin and get profit . Bitcoin do really made my life so easy i don't need to fall in line just to pay bills . I can pay them on time
Activity: 490
Merit: 251
Guard your privacy

Of course thats what crypto currencies are develop for. To make the transaction speedy and less hassle. Im sure you would like to pay in BTC also if the web store is over seas. I think it is more safer than putting credit card infos online. Gold and BTC have similarities. Theyre both limited but unlike GOLD, BTC price depends on how much demand we have. Smiley

Definitely true. You got the point. However the majority of people does not understand how it works and what makes it appreciated and increase the value. One of the main Sathosi's goal was to reduce the fees of the transaction and not depend to central authority anymore. For the second point we are free with BTC but the fees nowadays are even more expensive that traditional market so it needs to be changed. We'll see what 2018 bring to us but I think many people loses their sympathy to BTC and instead go to other cryptos because of that.
Activity: 490
Merit: 251
Guard your privacy
For me, BTC is now helpful in buying things that I do use on a daily basis. I do not have enough BTC to save. At the beginning I wanted to feel the possibility of BTC.

That's great. I mean it was meant to be a digital currency to be spent and you report an excellent example of how to use it. However it's more and more difficult to use it because of time to approve the block. Hopefully they will resolve this issue sooner or later ( and not with an Hard fork !! ). Otherwise other Cryptos will overtake BTC because they are easier to use and be accepted even if we all know that Bitcoin was the first of its kind.
Pages:
Jump to: