Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you watch the price of your altcoin everyday? - page 15. (Read 2101 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 100
I think looking at the price chart of altcoin is not necessarily every time because it's not good for us. because with us seing see price developments will cause we will always feel worried.

looking at the price oftenly is not bad only if your an active trader that primary job is to do trade whenever theres a signifcant change in the market but if your not a trader then there is no need for you to watch the price everyday or oftenly.  in my case im only an investor that is why i only check the prices rarely because i also have a regular job outside and that is my real prority rather than cryptos or forum posting due to sig campaigns.
Activity: 90
Merit: 13
Yes, also several times in a day.

Not sure why I do that as most of the time I do not plan to sell despite of any possible pump or dump.

Maybe just to feel the feeling of being rich and poor within same day haha
Activity: 132
Merit: 0
My money and I think I can not do without watching it every day, I watch it every hour so I can decide whether to keep it or sell it. That's a good way for me to make a profit. I am an investor in the surf market, so I always watch them every hour
Activity: 21
I think looking at the price chart of altcoin is not necessarily every time because it's not good for us. because with us seing see price developments will cause we will always feel worried.
Activity: 454
Merit: 10
"Reserve Your Ledger at GYMLEDGER.COM"
Ofcourse, everyday i watch the value of my coins. Because i want to know what is happening to my coins. You need to watch the market so that you know what coin is good and what is bad.
Activity: 14
Watching the price of your coins every day is a really bad habit, trust me on this.
I had over 3,000,000 XEM and 40,000 XMR years ago, and if I just held them and didn't dump I would be retired today.
Worst thing you can do is stare at charts, it makes you doubt your decision making abilities.
Activity: 217
Merit: 101
Yeah multiple times a day, it's a habit when I'm bored or waiting for something. A bit addictive isn't it?
Activity: 981
Merit: 503
I'm actually trying to NOT see the alt's price in FIAT as much as I can. Because I don't want this information to affect my trading decisions.
Activity: 378
Yes I am looking altcoin I a day 3 times starting from the morning, noon and night, I see which one deserves to sell and which ones should be on hold first.

I also constantly look at the price of coins in my portfolio. In the crypto currency, you always need to monitor the coin and be able to sell it in time. This is a trader's job and sometimes it is very difficult.
Activity: 476
Everyday, I watch the price of the coin that I have bought. But sometimes this could cause FUD or FOMO if the coin pump or dump tremendously. I sold my coins when I saw the price go up, but missed out the huger profit.
I think if you watch the price of your coin everyday, it will put pressure on your emotion.
Some people just buy it and don't think about it, which could be good or bad.
What do you think? Do you watch the price everyday? If not, how often do you watch it?
How do you feel before you watch it?
The element of surprise is an enticing concept for holders like me (not general, just my personal point of view). Partner it with a sense of excitement makes everything more interesting. I would hold for atleast 3 months with an occasional checking (which is necessary) of once or twice a month for monitoring. I would not do this on a daily basis coz it will defeat my earlier statements.
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000
I agree with you, do not watch your price all the time it can be very unhealthy...you need to do something productive instead. You can set an alarm for your when the price hit your target on blockfolio
I agree it can be quite unhealthy mentally to be checking constantly, I am guilty of this and am thinking about weening myself off the constant blockfolio swiping up and down, setting alarms could the best idea.

Activity: 392
Merit: 123
Everyday, I watch the price of the coin that I have bought. But sometimes this could cause FUD or FOMO if the coin pump or dump tremendously. I sold my coins when I saw the price go up, but missed out the huger profit.
I think if you watch the price of your coin everyday, it will put pressure on your emotion.
What do you think? Do you watch the price everyday? If not, how often do you watch it?
First, you are right it will make you emotionAlly unstable and different kinds of emotions could be felt but secondly you dont have any other options. If you wont watch you could lose your chance. You know prices change every minute and if you are not quick enough it could just pass you bye. Just stay cool, if you dont need that bad the money leave it for a better price.
Activity: 2
Merit: 158
Watching it everyday will make your head go crazy that's why i just don't open my portfolio but somehow you get a good feeling when you see green even if it's just increasing in a small percentage. That's why i have to control myself when sometimes i saw a red everywhere, it pushes me to sell but thinking of how much investments i put on it, i'd rather hold it in the meantime because this is a normal event in every market.
I agree on this, it's becoming more and more frustrating if one is to follow the prices every day. What I have noticed and really don't like though is the fact that crypto is so often mentioned in the broad media these days, so it's hard to avoid getting some feel of the market.

--ypsi
Activity: 171
Mate, why are you looking for a short term in here? Trading, and holding for a long term shoot is always going to be much more profitable than just holding for some days or hours.
This is just my advice, i am just giving you some tips to make more profit  Tongue
I always watch my portfolio all day long. Because i have some coins for short term. So ı want to sell them when their prize is up and buy more when prizes are down. It's good to watch when all my coins going up but if they start to decrease i do not look that much for not to be panic or feel bad.
Activity: 243
I always watch my portfolio all day long. Because i have some coins for short term. So ı want to sell them when their prize is up and buy more when prizes are down. It's good to watch when all my coins going up but if they start to decrease i do not look that much for not to be panic or feel bad.
Activity: 2506
Merit: 368
Watching it everyday will make your head go crazy that's why i just don't open my portfolio but somehow you get a good feeling when you see green even if it's just increasing in a small percentage. That's why i have to control myself when sometimes i saw a red everywhere, it pushes me to sell but thinking of how much investments i put on it, i'd rather hold it in the meantime because this is a normal event in every market.
Activity: 384
Merit: 12
Student Coin
I enjoy checking my coin everyday and also update from the telegram but I never panic cause I know holding is a little bit of risk cause we know that anything will happen. I choose to be calm and take the risk than being panic and made regret the loosing of opportunity
Activity: 30
Merit: 26

Yeah pretty much every day
Activity: 629
Merit: 108
The first thing what I do after I wake up is going to coinmarketcap to check the price of Bitcoin and different Altcoins.
Also I am looking there for the gainers and losers of the last 24 hours and past 7 days. But I am using also cointracking/blockfolio.
Activity: 280
I see the changes in the portfolio through the cryptocompare. Perhaps this is already a habit, I am happy when there are many cases and I can not check which coin has grown and which one is not. But, sometimes it helps, sold coins at the peak and then bought a more cheaper.
Pages:
Jump to: