Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you work for a Bitcoin company? If so, how did you get into the boat? - page 2. (Read 1056 times)

legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004
I have always wondered if the Bitcoin companies that are up and coming are only looking for people to hire are only looking for computer scientists, website designers and marketing/business majors...

For example, I work in the health field and frequent hospitals across the area daily, though in my spare time as a hobby I like to research Bitcoin and other up and coming cryptos that are coming into the market place that innovates the cryptocurrency space.  I have always just said that there will never be an area for me in this field, since most of my education and background goes into biology and biotechnology.  For me, it just seems easier to make my pay check like normal and keep on taking a portion of that and put it into bitcoin like normal... though I have always wondered what it would be like developing certain systems that uses the block chain in biotechnology protocol.  The problem with this, is that there is such a barrier for me to enter a new space like that, so I just tend to keep researching on block chain technologies and the new ones that are being developed, as a way for me to keep formulating theories that I could use to start up my own company in a way.

In short: I think that there is still much space out there for people to get involved with cryptocurrency/cryptography and the block chain... but the way to find your niche based on your background is a lot harder if you're not in the immediately sought out for occupations that bitcoin companies look for.
legendary
Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458
just like finding any other job really.. looking at job listings applying interviewing showing off your skills and how you can help their business function, talk about all the stuff you have to offer that may not seem like job specifics.. but could be utilised to help expand the business or make it more productive.

giving examples.. this could be in the form of telling them a story about past work history. or having a portfolio or even offering to work 1 week for free so they can see you hands on demonstrating what you can bring to the business.

theres nothing special about the interview process thats any different t the fiat world.

Activity: 602
Merit: 508
I'd like to work for a Bitcoin company, but that is another topic.
Now I do wonder if there is someone who works for a Bitcoin company,
and I'd like to hear your story, how you did get into the job, why you
are the perfect person for the job and simply to hear how things can go.
Pages:
Jump to: