Pages:
Author

Topic: DobZombie and thebitcoinmuseum.com (He is now working on fixing the issue) - page 2. (Read 2648 times)

Activity: 896
Merit: 532
Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum
Thanks smoothie, I appreciate the backup.

Everyone here knows I'm an open book, it's just a shame that when somebody gets bored they have nothing better to do.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
@ Goat,

Perhaps you should address these concerns on the Litecoin forum concerning "The Litecoin Foundation":

https://forum.litecoin.net/index.php/topic,997.msg39610.html#msg39610

So what is the current status of this "Litecoin Foundation"? Is it incorporated somewhere as a non-profit org? If so, where is the paperwork for us to examine?

Legally a foundation is a non-profit entity so you can't start a for-profit business and call it a foundation (at least not in any country where the rule of law applies). If this "foundation" is actually a for-profit business then it is 100% a scam designed to confuse people into lining someone's pockets in the mistaken belief that they are helping out some sort of charity dedicated to promoting and enhancing Litecoin.

If that is the case this "foundation" is actually hurting LTC and this business should not only be banned from promoting anything on these forums but should be actively denounced by the LTC community for what it is.

I bring this up as there is no real information here on the so-called "Litecoin Foundation" yet there is another thread where they are looking to sell physical Litecoin coins. Where is this money (received from the sale of the coins) going and what is it being spent on?

As well as others in that thread. Its been over 2 months and you (The Litecoin Foundation) have not addressed these concerns.

Thanks in advance for addressing their concerns.

Off topic. Make your own thread and quit trolling.

I have posted it in the thread I linked.

Trolling, well that's a very broad term. Someone is trolling when they are addressing a legitimate concern as you are with this thread. So in essence you are trolling as well. Let's keep the standards of the playing field level and fair here as we joust okay? Thanks

Smiley
legendary
@ Goat,

Perhaps you should address these concerns on the Litecoin forum concerning "The Litecoin Foundation":

https://forum.litecoin.net/index.php/topic,997.msg39610.html#msg39610

So what is the current status of this "Litecoin Foundation"? Is it incorporated somewhere as a non-profit org? If so, where is the paperwork for us to examine?

Legally a foundation is a non-profit entity so you can't start a for-profit business and call it a foundation (at least not in any country where the rule of law applies). If this "foundation" is actually a for-profit business then it is 100% a scam designed to confuse people into lining someone's pockets in the mistaken belief that they are helping out some sort of charity dedicated to promoting and enhancing Litecoin.

If that is the case this "foundation" is actually hurting LTC and this business should not only be banned from promoting anything on these forums but should be actively denounced by the LTC community for what it is.

I bring this up as there is no real information here on the so-called "Litecoin Foundation" yet there is another thread where they are looking to sell physical Litecoin coins. Where is this money (received from the sale of the coins) going and what is it being spent on?

As well as others in that thread. Its been over 2 months and you (The Litecoin Foundation) have not addressed these concerns.

Thanks in advance for addressing their concerns.
legendary
Wow Goat. lol

Nothing better to do?  Tongue
You are such a jerk.  You don't like somebody so you start a scam thread?

I've been working so hard on this Museum and you come along a fuck it up over a grudge?

Just because I don't have the money to register the Museum as an Entity doesn't make me a fraud.

Thanks a lot.

So you admit you personally own all of the donations? If not who does?

Also why do you claim you have a registered traded mark if you know you do not?

And I've never deleted my own posts. EVER!

I say Walter is a registered trademark so nobody steals his image.  IS THAT OKAY WITH YOU?
You are such a jerk.  You don't like somebody so you start a scam thread?

I've been working so hard on this Museum and you come along a fuck it up over a grudge?

Just because I don't have the money to register the Museum as an Entity doesn't make me a fraud.

Thanks a lot.
vip
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
Edit:   DobZombie is now working on fixing the issue. I hope he will update this thread once his registration is finalized.

This thread is to inform the public that DobZombie has made false and fraudulent statements about the donations he is trying to collect.

DobZombie has been in several threads begging for items for his "museum" thebitcoinmuseum.com  You can check his post history (please note he has been known to remove his own posts).

This "museum" does not seem to be registered anywhere as a non-profit or a for profit entity. Why does this matter? He is claiming the donations that you send to him are not owned by him personally but by the museum.

Hey Goat. Stick a dick in your ear.

Nothing for the Museum is part of my 'collection'. I don't own any of those pieces that are donated. It all belongs to the Museum.

If the museum is not a person or a company nothing can belong to it.

Also from his website "© 2013 BitcoinNerd. All Rights Reserved. 'Walter' is a registered trademark. "    

I have checked and 'Walter' does not seem to be a registered trademark.

Now I am not the police and some of you might be able to check this out in better detail than myself. If anyone can find that any of my information is incorrect I will update the OP and if needed change the title and lock the thread.

I am not against any of you donating stuff to Rob (and I think his idea is a pretty good one if he would only do it correctly) but please be aware if you try to claim the donation on your taxes the IRS (or whatever in your country) might not be very understanding.

Thanks.

Pages:
Jump to: