Pages:
Author

Topic: Does a Legal Adviser make an ICO more "legal" and free from scams? - page 2. (Read 339 times)

Activity: 1680
Merit: 655
You won't even need a legal adviser if you have the proper permits, licenses, and authority to operate and launch your ICO right from the very beginning. A legal adviser is only their if you intend to promote your ICO launch locally in certain countries as you might not be familiar with their domestic laws and chances are you will be breaking one without their help. Now in terms of reputation I don't think that the legal department is what the investors are the ones looking for, they intend to look to people who are at the top of the operations which is more important than the legal department.
Activity: 910
Merit: 351
How can you check on their reputation?

If you have time to do a deep research, try to email the company where they (claimed) work in the past. I've found several fake team profiles doing this. But it really depends on how the company responds your email. Sometimes it takes days for them to respond your email. You can also try to cross-check their reputation by doing simple search on Google, such as search their name and see whether there are media or social media profiles that mentions them. Best of luck.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500
Not really! The ICO laws are so ambiguous, a good legal advisor is obviously needed. But that certainly doesn't mean that the ICO will succeed. Also it doesn't provide a guarantee that the ICO owners won't scam you.

Linkedin profile is the only way to check the experience and reputation of a legal advisor or any other member of that ICO. But there's no way to validate the authenticity of the information provided in their linkedin profile.

I would suggest you to look for the company registration details instead. See if a proper office address is mentioned or not and try to validate the registration details from the company registry of the respective country.

Even though this idea is also not full proof but gives a little more sense of security. Hope this helps!
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
What are the core team members and advisers you're looking at when judging on ICO? Does a reputable legal adviser change an overall picture? How can you check on their reputation?
Pages:
Jump to: