Pages:
Author

Topic: Does a tor-like blockchain network exist? - page 2. (Read 946 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 252
August 04, 2017, 12:22:24 AM
Check out http://deeponion.org website for info, sounds like what you are describing and their team is currently doing free weekly airdrops of this crypto.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
August 03, 2017, 10:47:37 PM
There is the open bazaar project which sounds familiar to what you're talking about. It's just a platform but i'm not sure how it uses crypto. There are some other cyrptos that put a focus on security like Monero -- honestly though you'll have to be more specific with your question.
Activity: 761
Merit: 606
August 03, 2017, 07:40:29 PM
I don't see exactly what you are asking about.  However; it is very easy and secure to access your wallets and coins using 100% TOR.    I never move, transact, or even check (watching wallets) my coin collection on clearnet.  You can very easily configure Electrum on port 9150 to connect ONLY via TOR.  There are several smokin hot onion servers on Electrum's system.  This means that if you understand networking you could remain just about perfectly anonymous in both directions.  By having Electrum configured this way you CANNOT accidentally access the blockchain via any clearnet sites, which may leave you exposed.  If you find you have picked up "dirty" coins its also easy to use onion services to tumble them to clean addresses and break the dirty trace.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
August 03, 2017, 03:48:41 PM
Has something like tor, but using a blockchain to maintain the network, been attempted? The gist being that you spend tokens to route traffic through the network, and you can acquire tokens through being a node on the network, or from an exchange. It seems an obvious potential application but my google-fu is failing me.
Pages:
Jump to: