Pages:
Author

Topic: Does anyone keep $10k+ Worth of BTC in Coinbase/Blockchain? - page 2. (Read 1963 times)

Activity: 770
Merit: 500
🌟 COMSA ICO: 10/02/17 🌟
The issue with paper wallet is i would be sending btc and receiving it.  So you saying keep the paper wallet on me at all times when i do these transactions?  Thing is im not looking to keep btc long term and store it somewhere like imagine i store gold or some document in a safety deposit box that i would go there every once in a while.  I would plan to do probably 10 transactions a month at the max... but definitely close to 1 a week, whether its sending the btc to sites or receiving it and then send to coinbase to sell back to bank account.

legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1001
If you have that amount of money you better hold it yourself in a paperwallet instead of holding it in a 3rd party. Is like if you have 10k$ in an unknown bank.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011
In Satoshi I Trust
Thus keep it there without it in a paper wallet?  I read its very unsafe b/c those are hot wallets but if u plan to do transactions once a week at least, i read paper wallets are not good b/c its meant for long term storage.  Im sure there are lot of ppl that has kept this much money in their accts right?

no. you should keep that in a hardware wallet like these:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/overview-bitcoin-hardware-wallets-secure-your-coins-899253
Wed
legendary
Activity: 1231
Merit: 1018
Never leave more than pocket money on an online wallet.
Activity: 532
Merit: 100
I'd definitely recommend a paper wallet or a hardware wallet.  I prefer the paper wallet method because it's free, but to each his own.
Activity: 861
Merit: 253
SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE
Definitely no, spread across a couple hardware / cold storages. Only keep small amount on mobile for small payments (small in my case is 100$ max on my device at a given time). 
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Never had that much yet in bitcoins but if i were to i would have split them into different paper wallets or just bought a hardware wallet.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
Thus keep it there without it in a paper wallet?  I read its very unsafe b/c those are hot wallets but if u plan to do transactions once a week at least, i read paper wallets are not good b/c its meant for long term storage.  Im sure there are lot of ppl that has kept this much money in their accts right?

I used to keep all my coins on Blockchain.info, but then I decided it was too risky, so right now, I have the private keys encrypted and uploaded to cloud storage. Not sure how much safer that is, though.
I would get some paper wallets, but I'm afraid that I'll lose them or they will become damaged (e.g. water, fire).
Now, I'm thinking of getting some physical Bitcoins.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
I guess you and anyone shouldn't

Even papar wallet you should splitt the coins.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
🌟 COMSA ICO: 10/02/17 🌟
Thus keep it there without it in a paper wallet?  I read its very unsafe b/c those are hot wallets but if u plan to do transactions once a week at least, i read paper wallets are not good b/c its meant for long term storage.  Im sure there are lot of ppl that has kept this much money in their accts right?

Pages:
Jump to: