Pages:
Author

Topic: Does anyone think Kim Davis is right? - page 2. (Read 1173 times)

Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
September 08, 2015, 07:49:08 PM
It will be interesting to see her first day of work.  I'm sure gay couples will be lining up.  Smiley

How is she going to do her job without violating her conscience?  Has she become an atheist? 
Activity: 124
Merit: 100
cancer sucks
September 08, 2015, 07:06:08 PM
she is wrong and the rep hopefuls are to support her  her job is follow the law not break it
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000
September 08, 2015, 03:41:09 PM
We've a law, agree or disagree, it's the law.
A clerk is meant to operate within the law and doesn't have any power to change, avoid or ignore it, leave alone claim "God's law".
So, no, she isn't right.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Loose lips sink sigs!
September 08, 2015, 03:39:34 PM
Breaking News! http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/08/politics/kim-davis-same-sex-marriage-kentucky/index.html

I guess the judge let her go but she must not refuse marriage licenses anymore.

From the report: Kim Davis, the Kentucky clerk who was jailed in contempt of court for refusing to issue same-sex marriage licenses, plans to return to work this week, attorney Mat Staver told reporters. With Staver's arm around her, Davis cried as she stood outside the jail Tuesday after a judge ordered her release. Asked by a reporter whether her stay in jail was worth it, Davis smiled and nodded.

"I can guarantee you, knowing Kim, she loves God, she loves people, she loves her work, and she will not betray any of those three," Staver said. "She'll do her job good. She'll serve the people...and she'll also be loyal to God, and she's not going to violate her conscience."
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
September 08, 2015, 03:25:54 PM
I don't...let me disclose that first.

Kim Davis, if you are unaware is a County Clerk for the US State of Kentucky responsible (elected to) process marriage licenses. She's recently stopped issuing licenses for same sex couples, due to her religious beliefs, despite the US making same sex marriage legal.

Kim Davis believes she's been persecuted for having religious beliefs. She's not. She's being persecuted for imposing her religious beliefs on others when it infringes on the rights of those others.

This is a really simple case. Kim Davis is wrong. She should step down or be reassigned. She can practice whatever religion she want (as devout or half assed as she wants). She can't limit someone else's rights based on her religious beliefs.

Now the Republican Presidential "hopefuls" (i.e., also rans that continue to run and will continue to lose) are supporting her...talk about writing your own death notice for their candidacy. They're proving they don't understand the US Constitution or the US Bill of Rights.

So...do you all agree?

Any of you disagree with me?

I just can't understand how people can believe their religion is more important than someone else's rights. It's akin to a Jewish President abolishing Christian holidays because of "their religious beliefs".
Pages:
Jump to: