Pages:
Author

Topic: Does anyone use Bitpay? - page 2. (Read 630 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 658
rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt
October 12, 2017, 12:55:58 AM
I have a BitPay card.  I really like it.  In my opinion, it isn't practical to use a BitPay account to purchase Bitcoin, in fact, I'm not even sure you can.  What it's convenient for is when you have BTC and need a small to medium amount of cash on a financial card for whatever reason.  Obviously there are a ton of merchants, especially in the real world, that don't accept Bitcoin.  It's nice to be able to take 500 bucks from your BTC wallet and throw it on your BitPay card, which is instant, and have it on a debit/credit card for use anywhere Visa is accepted, like getting gas, or a hotel room, or hitting up an ATM.  

I agree, I use a BitPay card for the same reason but might have to change my plans if they go along with all this 2x nonsense. It's getting annoying.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
October 11, 2017, 07:13:38 PM
I have a BitPay card.  I really like it.  In my opinion, it isn't practical to use a BitPay account to purchase Bitcoin, in fact, I'm not even sure you can.  What it's convenient for is when you have BTC and need a small to medium amount of cash on a financial card for whatever reason.  Obviously there are a ton of merchants, especially in the real world, that don't accept Bitcoin.  It's nice to be able to take 500 bucks from your BTC wallet and throw it on your BitPay card, which is instant, and have it on a debit/credit card for use anywhere Visa is accepted, like getting gas, or a hotel room, or hitting up an ATM.  
Activity: 278
Merit: 100
October 11, 2017, 10:53:10 AM
Does anyone use Bitpay to purchase Bitcoin? I don't really get the intrigue if it is just a wallet connected to Coinbase... Seems like you could just cut out the middle man and it would all work the same. I just downloaded the app and set it up so forgive me if I am wrong in my assumption...

For those who have purchased Bitcoin using Bitpay how long did you wait before you actually received your coin?
Pages:
Jump to: