Pages:
Author

Topic: Does Bitcoin have AIDS? - page 2. (Read 5346 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 1138
Merit: 1001
January 12, 2015, 08:26:18 AM
The fork discussion is pretty revealing. Consensus means nothing to these bagholders and they would love to get rid of it. I'm about to divest entirely. Altcoins are the future.

Actually Bitcoin can have some future imo. I just don't think an unstable crypto-currency should be encouraged for use as a transactional currency but rather as a store of value/savings currency until it gets VERY large.

The problem is Businesses exchanging Bitcoin directly for fiat, any alt has the same problem, probably more so as they're even more volatile.

The solution is stable crypto-currencies that are backed by an unstable crypto-currency. My money is on BitAssets like BitUSD, but there's also NuBits and Ethereum is working on an inflation stable currency too.

Businesses can hold a decentralized USD and not have to worry about volatility. The holders of the backing currency get wealthier the more demand there is for the stable option.

Looking at the amount of businesses accepting crypto, the amount of purchases and amount of 2014 investment, I actually think crypto is doing fantastically - It's use is taking off big time imo. It's only the shift to stable BitCurrencies for business that is required to reverse the downtrend imo.

Activity: 252
January 12, 2015, 07:30:38 AM
The fork discussion is pretty revealing. Consensus means nothing to these bagholders and they would love to get rid of it. I'm about to divest entirely. Altcoins are the future.
legendary
Activity: 1138
Merit: 1001
January 11, 2015, 04:38:39 PM
It's likely Bitcoin's volatility is the problem, though I'll only be convinced after another 6 months of this
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/volatility-is-this-the-reason-for-the-bear-market-920345

If it is the problem, the solution is already here, stable BitAssets backed by unstable crypto-currency like BitUSD. Vitalik at Ethereum is also working on a stable currency.

So relax crypto is not dying, we'll still all be crazy rich by the end of the year.
Activity: 433
BTG CEO
January 11, 2015, 04:13:06 PM
Thanks op you made my day and reminded me of a song me and a pal used to like a little to much ahaha (everyone has aids) f&$* yeh!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yC7HwPh6Es   Grin
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
January 11, 2015, 04:12:39 PM
These girls have the cure dude  Tongue http://www.reddit.com/r/GirlsGoneBitcoin

I hope they did not turn back to fiat Smiley
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
January 11, 2015, 03:36:40 PM
High hash needs to be paid for.
Bitcoin has good hash but keeps going down because that hash needs to be paid.
When you buy gold you do not pay a constant tax to the miners after initial purchase.
Bitcoin is different. Here you pay after purchase a tax to miners of 10% of its value this year.

Can it be cured with speeding up blocktimes or does it need to fork to faster rewarddecrease?
Obviously satoshi was afraid of attackers. He did not think of a whole army of altcoins which could jump in and back it up.
He did not think of the possibility to share hash with other coins.
What sense does a mega-high hashrate make when it is this expensive and makes the coin useless to store value?
Are the fears which would make such high and expensive hashrate necessary still justified in 2015?

Here is my question:
Does Bitcoin have aids? Can it be cured? How?

Bitcoin doesn't have AIDS, probably not yet, but it could very well be carrying HIV, the virus that can result in AIDS. I don't really notice a hash reduction. Look back some years back and the hash was much lower. More and more are getting into mining and the hashrate will tend upwards. There are upswings and downswings, but major swings will go up.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
January 11, 2015, 03:26:12 PM
Well Satoshi had to make the first coins somehow.

I think he messed up and made the period too long, I think something like 80-90% should have been released by now and then the rest slowly over 10 years.

A lot of newbies like me would have missed out, if most of bitcoins had been mined by now.
Activity: 815
Merit: 1000
January 10, 2015, 08:59:00 PM
Well Satoshi had to make the first coins somehow.

I think he messed up and made the period too long, I think something like 80-90% should have been released by now and then the rest slowly over 10 years.

Still its not that bad. we are at ~10% inflation now then January 1 2018 its less than 4.5% then early 2022 less than 1.8%. So stable value in 3 years compared to fiat and deflation compared to fiat starting in 7 years.
In 20 years BTC inflation is pretty much flat and a yearly deflation of ~3% in value can be expected on top of whatever adoption gives. The 3% percent is based on the natural growth rate of human economic systems, with a stable currency all that growth increases total currency value.

Also we are rewarding technical people building data centers and Asic manufacturers. Sure its kinda wasted right now, but perhaps the technology and skills built in the process is not useless.
Compare to who fiat rewards inflation to:
Banker borrows newly printed money at 0.5-0% interest in national bank, lends it to government as bonds at 5-7% - sits back and enjoys his free cocaine and hookers.
Activity: 882
Merit: 102
PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds
January 10, 2015, 08:14:16 PM
Chill, take a deep breath of radon..... oh don't tell me you're one of those air fascists.

air is ok, i need to get some. Coins is too much for me to take. I need to take a break, seriously.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Hodl!
January 10, 2015, 06:27:19 PM
Chill, take a deep breath of radon..... oh don't tell me you're one of those air fascists.
January 10, 2015, 05:50:42 PM
This bitcoin-fascism is some annoying shit, i can tell you that.

Flush it down the toilet. Start again!
Activity: 12
January 10, 2015, 05:46:56 PM
Got to drop off this link here about a hardfork in bitcoin. Hilarious.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/fork-off-919629

Stick in the fork already! We're sick of this coin and most of its bagholders and their attitude!

enkel tere salam almadra
January 10, 2015, 05:44:55 PM
Got to drop off this link here about a hardfork in bitcoin. Hilarious.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/fork-off-919629

Stick in the fork already! We're sick of this coin and most of its bagholders and their attitude!
Activity: 468
Merit: 100
The world’s first Play, Learn and Earn
January 10, 2015, 09:04:48 AM
want to leave reference here to a moved thread of mine about the same topic taken one step further:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/experts-please-explain-why-decay-is-a-good-thing-for-a-currency-919497

OP calls it 'high mining costs' and 'inflation', i call it straight forward: 'decay'
Activity: 56
January 10, 2015, 01:39:55 AM
It's ebola, god damn' people!

Where did all the permabulltards and nutty bitcoin-pumpers go?

Preaching world domination with their inflationary currency elsewhere?
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1008
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political
January 09, 2015, 05:14:34 PM
FFS people... aids is not REAL!
The same people who sold you your banking system, are the same people who gave you aids.
google how much money is spend to "find a cure" for aids
it's sick

Eazy E died of aids though
Activity: 743
Merit: 502
January 09, 2015, 05:05:09 PM
FFS people... aids is not REAL!
The same people who sold you your banking system, are the same people who gave you aids.
google how much money is spend to "find a cure" for aids
it's sick
Activity: 84
Merit: 11
January 09, 2015, 03:36:16 PM
more like Haemophilia
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
January 09, 2015, 12:15:40 PM
High hash needs to be paid for.
Bitcoin has good hash but keeps going down because that hash needs to be paid.
When you buy gold you do not pay a constant tax to the miners after initial purchase.
Bitcoin is different. Here you pay after purchase a tax to miners of 10% of its value this year.

Can it be cured with speeding up blocktimes or does it need to fork to faster rewarddecrease?
Obviously satoshi was afraid of attackers. He did not think of a whole army of altcoins which could jump in and back it up.
He did not think of the possibility to share hash with other coins.
What sense does a mega-high hashrate make when it is this expensive and makes the coin useless to store value?
Are the fears which would make such high and expensive hashrate necessary still justified in 2015?

Here is my question:
Does Bitcoin have aids? Can it be cured? How?

It can be cured just like it is being cured. Stop using Bitcoin until the miners learn to live off what they get. Supply and demand. If people stop using Bitcoin, miners will stop mining, small folk will get into mining the old way because the difficulty will fall, and things will be like they used to be. Then it will start all over again.

Does Bitcoin have AIDS? No. Only BANDAIDS, until it heals itself.

Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: