Pages:
Author

Topic: Does Bitcoin have mechanism to recover stolen or lost bitcoin? - page 2. (Read 408 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 0
As bitcoin is decentralized you will not get any customer service in case of such emegencies. So it is sad to inform you that there is no way of such recoveries.
Activity: 532
Merit: 170
In case someone stole your bitcoin or you lost it, you won't be able to get it back.
Is this true?

What are your knowledges about this?

of course, if my bitcoin has moved on to someone else's wallet. of course it can not get me back if it has been stolen. this is what you need to know, so you have to be careful especially to maintain security
Activity: 248
Merit: 1
In case someone stole your bitcoin or you lost it, you won't be able to get it back.
Is this true?

it depends, but generally speaking you won't. because if they transfer the coins from your wallet to theirs, you won't be able to access them anymore and no one can help you.
Activity: 420
Merit: 134
Nope. There are no chargebacks on bitcoin, as confirmed transactions are final.

One advantage of bitcoin is to be your own bank, being completely cut-off through centralized entities like banks. But of course this also comes with a disadvantage: as bitcoin is decentralized, there is no sort of "official tech support" or a hotline you could call/contact to help you with your lost funds. Being your own bank, you need to also act like one. You need to take wallet security as a number 1 priority.

Everyone should take care about the risk of sending bitcoin to other address and always double check the details before proceeding. I've done something wrong too sending bitcoin to the wrong address because of misclicks and lose my money. I think we should prioritize the security and be observant on the things and details before we transact.
Activity: 546
Merit: 100
Is this true?

There's no such thing like that, bitcoin is decentralized.
Once it moved to another address, the only one can send bitcoin to another address is only the one who have the bitcoin.
So bitcoin is volatile, that's why people still scare to make bitcoin as an investment
Activity: 149
Is this true?

Once your bitcoin get stolen it is erretrievable. That is why you have to be very careful with your private keys. Even if the block chain technology is keeping tract of every transaction made in bitcoin but it does not keep tract of the identity and personal details of whoever is doing the transactions so there is no way  to get back on whosever is the culprit. So just be careful in doing your bitcoin transactions whom to accept in electronic communication for all you know its just a trap to get you scammed.
Activity: 462
Merit: 281
dApps Development Automation Platform
one you lost your bitcoin you will never get it back or know who stole it.
you only can track where it goes... it's anonymous so no one knows
Activity: 237
Merit: 10
Presale is live!
There is no way to recover vet the even if you sending for wrong address you can recover even somebody gets you private key or your credentials they can use it and send the fund where ever they want you can watch transaction but can’t sble to get
Activity: 168
Its going to be lost forever, that is why we need to be careful on our crypto assets because once the private key is lost, then your hard earned assets will go to waste, This is the dis advantage of being decentralized technology.
Activity: 79
I also do not know about it, because I have never experienced a bitcoin stolen or lost, and I think certainly all that there is a way out or cause loss of hitcoin, and hopefully it will not happen.
Activity: 280
I think it’s not a easy task for recover stolen or lost bitcoin. So all investor needs to keep secure their password and private key. Because it can provide you the best security.
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
true, if your bitcoin is lost stolen most likely your bitcoin will not return. difficult to find and detect offender.
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 4418
Crypto Swap Exchange
Is this true?
Yes.
Bitcoin doesn't have a central authority and that is a feature of Bitcoin. In the real world, fiat can be forced to return with a court order or a lawsuit. This can only be fair if the judges are fair about it and it wouldn't always be the case. Bitcoin can't have anyone to judge if your coins are lost or stolen and rightfully belong to you. It seems logical for everyone to be responsible for their own coins.
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 3873
Paldo.io 🤖
No, you cant recover lost or stolen bitcoin, and there's no mechanism to recover it.
But, if your bitcoin got stolen, then you still have a chance to track it. But, most of them are using mixing service to make it anonymous and hard to track or probably impossible to track.

True, you can definitely track it. But tracking it doesn't help though, it's pretty much just like adding insult to the injury.

To OP: If you get hacked, there's nothing you can do but just move on and learn from that big big mistake. Always make securing your wallets be a number 1 priority. Investing on good coins/tokens is irrelevant if your wallet is unsecure.
Activity: 75
Stolen bitcoins are lost forever; they is no way to recover them. It is important to understand the blockchain and bitcoin operations. Once a transaction goes through and it is confirmed, it can never be reversed.However, it is not easy for people to steal your bitcoins. Always keeps your private key and other details secret and confidential- your coins are safe.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 410
Secure your crypto : https://notyourkeys.org
No, you cant recover lost or stolen bitcoin, and there's no mechanism to recover it.
But, if your bitcoin got stolen, then you still have a chance to track it. But, most of them are using mixing service to make it anonymous and hard to track or probably impossible to track.
Activity: 294
No possibility. There are no mechanisms to recover stolen or lost bitcoin. So everybody keep in mind that their password or private key should provide in safe space.

Yes, there is no way that a stolen coin will be recovered. Sad to say but when a transaction confirmed and successfully processed. I have experienced it already and it was terrible because you want to tell the person why he stole my coins but there is no way you can message him knowing that only the wallet address is registered.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 100
No possibility. There are no mechanisms to recover stolen or lost bitcoin. So everybody keep in mind that their password or private key should provide in safe space.
Activity: 14
We are not dealing in actual realm of transactions. We deal virtual currency peer to peer system. Once you've lost your bitcoin sorry to say no chance to get it back. Whether you like it or not it simply means we have our full responsibility to our own belongings.

Apologies, I meant in cyber. But thanks for that Smiley
Activity: 658
Rangers Protocol
We are not dealing in actual realm of transactions. We deal virtual currency peer to peer system. Once you've lost your bitcoin sorry to say no chance to get it back. Whether you like it or not it simply means we have our full responsibility to our own belongings.
Pages:
Jump to: