Pages:
Author

Topic: Does Bitcoin Help The Poor - page 2. (Read 1782 times)

legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1012
February 08, 2021, 07:10:02 PM
Bitcoin can help the poor? I think of course it can...
in some countries, the value of Bitcoin against their currency is very large, for example in African countries. if we look at the current value of Bitcoin against USD then it is very large if we use it in an African country.
It is possible but at the same time the price of bitcoin is growing up so rapidly that the fees you need to pay just to move your money are several times higher than what some people earn in a full day of work, so for those people it may be a better idea to begin with other coins that are not bitcoin with the hopes they are part of a good project from the start and they earn money that way, because we have to be honest, staring out from scratch right now with bitcoin is way more harder than what it was just a few years ago.
This happens in any area of business, when early players and investors get much more than those who joined later. This is how many large fortunes are made, however, for one such large fortune there are dozens and hundreds of losers who were unlucky and they either simply went bankrupt or simply could not justify their own hopes and the hopes of the invested investors.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
February 08, 2021, 06:32:08 PM
Bitcoin can help the poor? I think of course it can...
in some countries, the value of Bitcoin against their currency is very large, for example in African countries. if we look at the current value of Bitcoin against USD then it is very large if we use it in an African country.
It is possible but at the same time the price of bitcoin is growing up so rapidly that the fees you need to pay just to move your money are several times higher than what some people earn in a full day of work, so for those people it may be a better idea to begin with other coins that are not bitcoin with the hopes they are part of a good project from the start and they earn money that way, because we have to be honest, staring out from scratch right now with bitcoin is way more harder than what it was just a few years ago.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 574
February 08, 2021, 10:35:39 AM
In my opinion, Bitcoin cannot help the poor. 

Poverty is, on the one hand, the strength of external circumstances (unequal starting conditions), on the other hand, it is erroneous beliefs, laziness, lack of education.  If a person does not have the desire to learn and overcome life obstacles, then Bitcoin will not be able to improve his social and property situation. 

Bitcoin is a virtual decentralized money that allows transactions without intermediaries.  Not everyone needs it.

After reading about effects of bitcoin in Africa; and also the after effect after it got banned in India and Bangladesh; i have to conclude that bitcoin helps the poor. In countries with poor gdp and high rate of unemployment; crypto currency has been a direct source of employment for people; through writing, promotions, video marketing and more; it has even improved the lives of many; taking bitcoin away from such people only make them poorer. so yes bitcoin helps alot

Also; poverty is not about laziness or lack of education; a government policy can send a rich man business into ruins and poverty.

I don't think that Bitcoin will really help poor people in Africa. In fact, even though there is Bitcoin there, the per capita income level of the African population has not increased significantly. Those who are successful in using Crypto are not really poor people, but rather become middle-class people. How do you say Bitcoin really helps the poor. I can't think about it yet. Try to straighten out this thought first based on data and facts that are clear and detailed, not just opinions. Because anyone can have an opinion, right? However, if the opinion is accompanied by data, it might be more interesting.
Activity: 1862
Merit: 295
GOD is TRUE
February 08, 2021, 09:43:11 AM

Poverty is, on the one hand, the strength of external circumstances (unequal starting conditions), on the other hand, it is erroneous beliefs, laziness, lack of education.  If a person does not have the desire to learn and overcome life obstacles, then Bitcoin will not be able to improve his social and property situation. 

Bitcoin is a virtual decentralized money that allows transactions without intermediaries.  Not everyone needs it.

After reading about effects of bitcoin in Africa; and also the after effect after it got banned in India and Bangladesh; i have to conclude that bitcoin helps the poor. In countries with poor gdp and high rate of unemployment; crypto currency has been a direct source of employment for people; through writing, promotions, video marketing and more; it has even improved the lives of many; taking bitcoin away from such people only make them poorer. so yes bitcoin helps alot

Also; poverty is not about laziness or lack of education; a government policy can send a rich man business into ruins and poverty.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1166
🤩Finally Married🤩
February 08, 2021, 08:58:45 AM
I am one of those poor people who benefited and got big help from trading and holding Bitcoin and until now Bitcoin is still a big help for poor people, these people are bounty hunters and freelancers, and of course investors, Bitcoin has created thousands of jobs for people, I will be still working in a factory if I have not stumble Bitcoin, I owed a lot to Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency.
I'm pretty interested on how Bitcoin did reach to you if you're that one of the below average people in the economy...
I also wonder how can you keep being online in this kind of times, as I'm well aware that if we say "poor" that means they really are helpless...
So would you mind sharing your story?
^ Actually, I have got what you mean for. People that can afford to connect to the internet and a gadget to use, they just not poor people. They belong to the middle-class people because when we are talking a poor people, that is completely helpless, homeless and most of them are uneducated people of did not computer literate. That is a true poor people and I think the term "poor" is not suitable for holding BTC. Nevertheless, I agree if OP will say that it will help to boost your financial status.
Indeed, as IMO  people who can afford to buy gadgets and freely use an internet are already considered  as an average living person, also something to add, well not all poor people are homeless, I'd rather not classify all of them as homeless.
So to sum up, I don't  think BTC can somewhat engage to people, besides it's sole purpose was the opposite of the banking system...
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1775
Catalog Websites
February 08, 2021, 08:34:13 AM

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644
February 08, 2021, 08:03:56 AM
I am one of those poor people who benefited and got big help from trading and holding Bitcoin and until now Bitcoin is still a big help for poor people, these people are bounty hunters and freelancers, and of course investors, Bitcoin has created thousands of jobs for people, I will be still working in a factory if I have not stumble Bitcoin, I owed a lot to Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency.
I'm pretty interested on how Bitcoin did reach to you if you're that one of the below average people in the economy...
I also wonder how can you keep being online in this kind of times, as I'm well aware that if we say "poor" that means they really are helpless...
^ Actually, I have got what you mean for. People that can afford to connect to the internet and a gadget to use, they just not poor people. They belong to the middle-class people because when we are talking a poor people, that is completely helpless, homeless and most of them are uneducated people of did not computer literate. That is a true poor people and I think the term "poor" is not suitable for holding BTC. Nevertheless, I agree if OP will say that it will help to boost your financial status.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1166
🤩Finally Married🤩
February 07, 2021, 12:21:20 PM
February 07, 2021, 11:36:15 AM
Bitcoin wont help those people unless if they do know on how to deal with it.
Its just a matter on how they would find ways.
Doesn't Bitcoin basically want to close the gap that has been caused by banking so far?  If you say that the problem is how the poor find the way to Bitcoin itself means Bitcoin is not the solution to that gap.  Solutions exist for every problem not to burden the poor who are already very heavy.  Bitcoin has not shown concrete evidence in helping the poor because if you look at the existing data.  In my country, the poor don't have the awareness of Bitcoin to help them.  Because Bitcoin is a risk to increase their poverty.
plr
Activity: 1162
Merit: 24
February 07, 2021, 06:14:14 AM
Activity: 1344
Merit: 103
February 07, 2021, 05:40:01 AM
It can help if we are willing to share the goodnews about this but some poor really not interested because wasting time and cannot afford internet connection to know this. I am poor too but i need to know and learn more about this. It can help me so much i can buy somethings that previously cannot afford. And because of this i learned to trade and hold a little bitcoin and also altcoin but if you poor then you are not open minded about this you are not gain a success. Need more time to read and learn more about crypto and im sure we gain success.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
February 07, 2021, 05:17:40 AM
BTC is unusable for the poor. But helps the wealthier. I make your same argument for BTC versus Fiat
Activity: 13
February 07, 2021, 05:07:23 AM
Bitcoin cannot solve the problem of human wealth distribution. Bitcoin can widen the gap between rich and poor. Most of the time, non-interest-bearing bubble assets are the game of the rich. In the beginning, it will help some poor people achieve a class transition, and the poor after the transition will become rich.
February 07, 2021, 04:30:33 AM
Changing the current economic situation by digitizing currency and related financial systems may directly help those living in poverty at this stage. At the same time, various token incentive projects contribute to the development of key areas such as healthcare and agriculture.
Activity: 2030
Merit: 269
February 06, 2021, 10:44:41 AM
There's a lot of untold stories on how poor people for just patiently waiting for a short period of time gained a lot and become rich by holding Cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, we have so many of these stories here in Bitcointalk, yes Bitcoin and other Cryptocurrency have helped people become employed by just doing bounties and many turns to working from the comfort of their home because of Bitcoin.
I'm one of those who benefit and got and still getting a lot from Bitcoin.
February 07, 2021, 04:28:17 AM
It has been nearly ten years since Bitcoin came out. Although various death predictions are endless, it survived in the end. At present, it has become a recognized medium for transferring funds, and at the same time it is regarded as currency in some countries like Japan.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1012
February 06, 2021, 07:10:44 PM
Bitcoin has no limits, but poor people have limits on understanding bitcoin.  Why do I dare to say this, because basically Bitcoin can be used using the internet.  How can poor people have internet access.  If you expect the government to legalize it as a legal currency.  It is very difficult.  But if Bitcoin is to be used by the poor, what must be done is the socialization of Bitcoin so that there is trust from the public so that it can be used by the wider community.
That's reality. How those poor people will be able to access internet, especially those who are residing inside rural areas where electricity and
communications are lacking, how they'll be able to grab the chance of using this system if there's no available channel for them to acquire the
knowledge, it's in need to have access where rich are very satisfied enjoying all the benefits.
This is from the situation when the well-fed never understand the hungry, when the rich and contented, having all the benefits and opportunities to strengthen their wealth, accuse the poor of laziness and lack of diligence. And when the flow of such hypocrisy overcomes a certain line, revolutions can arise, which usually bring a lot of disasters to the population and say that the ruling elites are breaking away from reality and losing control of the situation.
Activity: 2730
Merit: 632
February 06, 2021, 04:50:50 PM

Bitcoin has no limits, but poor people have limits on understanding bitcoin.  Why do I dare to say this, because basically Bitcoin can be used using the internet.  How can poor people have internet access.  If you expect the government to legalize it as a legal currency.  It is very difficult.  But if Bitcoin is to be used by the poor, what must be done is the socialization of Bitcoin so that there is trust from the public so that it can be used by the wider community.

That's reality. How those poor people will be able to access internet, especially those who are residing inside rural areas where electricity and
communications are lacking, how they'll be able to grab the chance of using this system if there's no available channel for them to acquire the
knowledge, it's in need to have access where rich are very satisfied enjoying all the benefits.

They had benefited out because of their hardwork and make themselves rich and thats how reality works.You would earn some you wouldnt gain some if you dont work hard for it.
On this worlds reality then theres always people who are on the top of the chain and those who are on the bottom.Its really hard to look down into those people who do even
have a hard time on sustaining their needs but you cant do anything about it but somehow they can really changed up their way of living or status if they do just know on how
to work hard and work smart to make themselves any better as day passed. Bitcoin wont help those people unless if they do know on how to deal with it.
Its just a matter on how they would find ways.
Activity: 2464
Merit: 585
February 06, 2021, 04:10:13 PM
Bitcoin can help the poor if those poor people are willing to learn about bitcoin and adopt it. Bitcoin is just easy to use and can really help the poor people if there is someone who educate them about digital currency, the importance and the use of it.

How could bitcoin help poor people just by using it? The only way the poor people could be use or have bitcoin is when other people gave them or donated them. They can't invest or buy bitcoin because they can't afford it. Other would say they need to save but what they don't understand is that they are not earning enough money to save money. Most of them don't even have a job.
Exactly because to own bitcoins you have to buy them and there are no restrictions on who can buy and who cannot buy bitcoins so even the world's richest guy Elon Musk can buy bitcoins while also the world's poorest guy (me lol Grin) can buy any amount I wish.

Bitcoin was made to disrupt the banking era and I would say it served the purpose but still if you ask a common man they would want their money in bank rather than bitcoins, that is because despite bitcoin being the uncrowned king of all payment systems, still brings some uncertainty when market crashes there are no answers why its dropping, similarly when it rises no one knows why.
February 06, 2021, 01:39:17 PM
I believe it is definitely going to be something that helps the poor people in the end but it will not be directly. The logic is like this; bitcoin should be closing the gap between the rich and the poor, it should make middle class a thing again, it should cap the profits wealthy people could have because poor people have the same amount of return, it should also prevent the companies from getting bailed out because there is no bailing out in crypto, and at that point regular people should start getting money from corporations more and more.

This isn't like "give poor some money so they are not poor anymore" situation, this is more "cap wealth so that everyone gets a share from available amount" type of fix that is long term.
I think you are right with bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, there's no border to rich and poor or middle classes, all people can buy a coin as low as $10 in which I think everyone can buy as long as they have enough money, it is not directly will help the poor but rather let's call them unfortunate can be rich in the future or will have a better future if they will persevere and hard work to learn everything in the crypto with the limited amount they are having.

Bitcoin has no limits, but poor people have limits on understanding bitcoin.  Why do I dare to say this, because basically Bitcoin can be used using the internet.  How can poor people have internet access.  If you expect the government to legalize it as a legal currency.  It is very difficult.  But if Bitcoin is to be used by the poor, what must be done is the socialization of Bitcoin so that there is trust from the public so that it can be used by the wider community.

Pages:
Jump to: