Pages:
Author

Topic: Does Bitcoin hold intrinsic value, or is it overvalued? - page 2. (Read 3046 times)

legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000
What I think is that it's undervalued.  Once it hits the large consumer base that it probably should hit, we'll see the price of bitcoin skyrocket.  There are more diamonds in the world than  bitcoins.  Just wait and see xD

simple economic projections of it being used even for just 1 common commodity in a limited market place shows explosive growth
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
What I think is that it's undervalued.  Once it hits the large consumer base that it probably should hit, we'll see the price of bitcoin skyrocket.  There are more diamonds in the world than  bitcoins.  Just wait and see xD
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000
it definitely holds intrinsic value, many people mining with super computers using very expensive global communication networks, enabling in certain ways a free market global monetary system

it can have large swings in value as exploits are exposed, though they would normally be expected to  decrease with time

Activity: 826
Merit: 501
in defi we trust
I think that i made a big mistake and wasted 5 seconds of my life clicking the unignore button to see if you're still spamming your blog.
Activity: 299
Merit: 250
Thousands of words have been written on the subject, and many more will be written in the future. Unfortunately, very few of them will help us to answer that simple question. In any case, we already know the answer, and it has nothing to do with Bitcoin itself, but rather with the way in which we consider things valuable. Let me explain…

The concept of “value” is defined, in theory, as “the regard that something is held to deserve; the importance, worth, or usefulness of something.”  This definition would seem, on a first glance, to contain all what we need to know about value, except that this definition is incomplete when we talk about some specific objects or financial constructs.

In financial instruments of any kind –and Bitcoin could be considered one of those- value is increased by scarcity, desirability and an inability to duplicate whatever makes said instrument valuable. The equation that results in the value assigned to a given thing is more complex than it would seem, and it includes concepts related to physical limitations that prevent the duplication of the object, and the ability of this object to connect with our emotional nature as human beings.

Read the full story here: http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/2013/12/03/bitcoin-hold-intrinsic-value-overvalued/

What do you think?
Pages:
Jump to: