Pages:
Author

Topic: Does Bitcoin Require Regulations? - page 5. (Read 3517 times)

legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas
May 30, 2014, 04:15:52 AM
Welcome to Bitcoin.

I suggest you learn about the protocol by reading the white paper.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
May 30, 2014, 04:12:02 AM
As we all know, Bitcoin is an innovative payment network and a new kind of money. It uses peer-to-peer technology to operate with no central authority or banks; managing transactions and the issuing of bitcoins is carried out collectively by the network. Bitcoin is open-source; its design is public, nobody owns or controls Bitcoin and everyone can take part. Although many of its unique properties, it still faces some dificulties.
Recently, a number of publications posted about an economic note on bitcoin regulations. Different people hold  different ideas for it.David Descôteaux of the  Montreal Economic Institute suggested that bitcoin would require regulation, but according to the Canadian Bitcoin Foundation, they would much prefer if the government kept out.
In my opinion, I agree with David Descôteaux. In order to develop and thrive, Bitcoin requires regulations. The Bitcoin network is decentralized, which has two sides. On the one hand, it is good for free development of Bitcoin. However, on the other hand , it brings lots of big risks, such as cheating ,crime,etc. Therefore, Bitcoin requires regulations.The regulations requires government intervention to some extent. The measures kook by government can promote healthy development of Bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: