Pages:
Author

Topic: Does BTC.com Really Worth $1 Million? AND What Would You Do With it? - page 2. (Read 1927 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 508
why invest so much on a site? i would simply sell it before the price drops

You don't know what you're talking about. Are you the guy who tried to buy Bitcointalk for $10,000 GBP?

It will have waaay higher value once bitcoin becomes mainsteam and gawminers probably already have plans valuable enought to make investment like this one.
Not really. At least by the magnitude BTC grows, the value of BTC.com should not outpace it. Even if BTC goes up 10,000%, I wouldn't expect BTC.com to go up in value 10,000% - likely more like 1,000% in the event of such a dramatical price increase.

The value of BTC.com to this business though is huge. It was a good buy.
I meant that it will gain value as alot of people will visit it if it will become really popular and good enought btc related service will run there.

Well, it looks to be a very excellent investment for his business. However, it likely would not be a very good investment for a domain-investor. If bitcoin succeeds big-time and multiples in value 100x, maybe it's worth $10,000,000. If bitcoin fails completely, it's worth $1,000 (3-letter domain names do have value). The risk-reward is better with BTC itself.

I guess I'm just repeating myself at this point.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
It will have waaay higher value once bitcoin becomes mainsteam and gawminers probably already have plans valuable enought to make investment like this one.
Not really. At least by the magnitude BTC grows, the value of BTC.com should not outpace it. Even if BTC goes up 10,000%, I wouldn't expect BTC.com to go up in value 10,000% - likely more like 1,000% in the event of such a dramatical price increase.

I meant that it will gain value as alot of people will visit it if it will become really popular and good enought btc related service will run there.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
why invest so much on a site? i would simply sell it before the price drops
Activity: 138
Merit: 100
It's worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. Obviously he though it was worth that. Maybe it might be a steal in the grand scheme of things. I guess only time will tell.
Activity: 868
Merit: 508

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Activity: 560
Merit: 509
I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!
I think GAW Miners, have something in plan that will make a lot of money with it.

I like I get sites but I won't buy a site with 1 Million unless it can make me a lot of money at least decent profit.

Kindly,
      MZ
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
Quote from: bitllionaire
things value is what people are willing to pay

You are confusing value with price. Price is what people are willing to pay, value is what the investment makes you over the journey. The beauty of markets is no one knows what the real value is and views differ, hence price and value almost always differing.

For what it is worth, a million bucks seems a lot for this domain, even though it has to be the best domain in the world of bitcoin.

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000
It worths if the buyers think it do. I have no btc related business and I wouldn't buy it for 1 million.
Activity: 476
Merit: 501
Whoever has 1M to buy a internet domain is smart enough to have an investiment plan, so I think yes.

Or it is just play money for the buyer, like the $10 I put on Doge few days ago, and part of the risky portfolio, so no one, even the buyer, know if it isgoing to be worth or not
legendary
Activity: 1120
things value is what people are willing to pay
Activity: 988
It would only be worth it if the company buying it would have a bigger advertising budget over several years. Instead of using advertising dollars to advertise their website the company could use the money instead on the domain.

I personally don't have a bitcoin related business that I could really use this domain for so I would likely sell it if I were to somehow come into possession of it, however I think domains are a very bad investment to speculate with so I really would not ever buy one or register one. 
Activity: 182
If there is someone paying for it, then yes, it is worth 1M. That is the concept of free market.
Activity: 191
The bitcoin domain name BTC.com was sold to Josh Garza of GAWMiners for a whooping $1 million dollars a few days ago! Do you think it's worth $1M, MORE or LESS? and what would you do with it if it was yours?
Pages:
Jump to: