Pages:
Author

Topic: Does CryptoTab Browser Mine BTC? - page 2. (Read 229 times)

copper member
Activity: 76
Merit: 47
July 01, 2021, 03:25:43 AM
Maybe it mine Monero with the CPU and pay you in BTC.

You should know that a lot of websites are hidding Monero CPU miner. For example coinimp proposes to do this on your website. You are paid in Monero XMR or in Mintme.
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506
Evil beware: We have waffles!
June 30, 2021, 03:15:16 PM
CryptoTab is a SCAM! Period.
Since at least 2013 it has been impossible to mine BTC with a PC much less a smartphone. Odds are it will be loaded with malware to try and get hold of your accounts. The very few (if any exist) clean variants out there that are not scams mine XMR (Monero) or other very low difficulty altcoin which (if it pays out at all) is then eventually paid out in BTC. You are talking about a few pennies per-day at best. Just do a search for it with your fav search engine for details...
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1022
Hello Leo! You can still win.
June 30, 2021, 03:11:20 PM
Someone on social media introduced me to CryptoTab Browser, that I will be using the browser to mine and earn Bitcoin. With the little knowledge I gathered from this forum, I was able to tell him that bitcoin requires complexity of computing system with high energy consumption in order to be mined. Which a smart phone cannot do. He insisted that he and his friends have been mining and earning BTC in the app. He went further to show me his BTC balance he earned.
Please, can someone tell me what's actually going on in the browser, as I strongly believe it's not Bitcoin mining that is happening there.
Pages:
Jump to: