Pages:
Author

Topic: Does Electrum have insurance against fraud?? - page 2. (Read 227 times)

legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 10802
There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain
<...>
The former site you mention hasn’t been active for years apparently, and in 2016 it figured on the media for having scammed 700K users (see https://cointelegraph.com/news/hashocean-scam-victims-sign-petitions-to-fbi-hackers-to-reveal-more-scams). The issue is, in any case, with this company, and not Electrum, whose users are the sole custodians of their BTCs.

You can elaborate more if you wish to get our feedback, but you’d have to detail why you’re considering Electrum at fault, and not solely HashOcean, who is certainly the one to blame.
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
and a company called funds-recovery.com has said that we can make a claim against Electrum to pay insurance because i was scammed. Is this real?

It looks to me like these guys try to get some (more) money off you.
If you want to sue someone, it's the site that scammed you, not the tool you used.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 7340
Farewell, Leo
Electrum is a non-custodial wallet.

This means that YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE for any actions you make. The electrum developers have just worked to accomplish a task, which is to create a lightweight non-custodial bitcoin wallet. You can't sue them or use them as support for the same reason you don't need anyone to transact.

This is bitcoin.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Hi i was scammed out of 14.6 bitcoin by a company called hashocean.com and a company called funds-recovery.com has said that we can make a claim against Electrum to pay insurance because i was scammed. Is this real? the wallet i sent my money to has already transferred the money to somewhere else. Is there any way to file a claim for insurance against Electrum or get my bitcoin back?
Pages:
Jump to: