Pages:
Author

Topic: Does ICO developers truly believe in their projects - page 5. (Read 673 times)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
I don't think they think in this way. The developers or owners of authentic projects should not buy those tokens from my opinion. I think it will hamper the efficiency of the project.
brand new
Activity: 0
I think they believe. If it’s not a scam then they believe. And as developer they know the about te circulated amount. I am very interested to know more about it.
copper member
Activity: 210
Merit: 1
To be more accurate,many ico developers don't believe in their project.
Many ico developers focus on the profit to be made without minding how to drive the project to the mainstream just because they don't have the experience needed.
To make the matter worse,some ico developers made millions of dollars from ico but at the end of the day they will manage to list on one small exchange and at the same time dump a huge amount of its tokens on people.
Some developers will even build unsecure Dapp no company will use telling its investors that once big partners come,the price of its token will move up.
The problem is that most people don't research to know the track record of the developers .some ico developers are faceless telling you they can run away at any time.
We know the howpeople lost huge amount of money in lending icos.
Now,people with foresight are not buying icos unless they see its potential after they have seen the developers are implementing what is written on its white paper or working according to its roadmap.
some icos are overrated by some crypto YouTubers of which sometimes price normally dumb below the ico price when listed.
The question is, if the icos developers truly believe in its project why are they dumping huge amount of token on people?
What makes a coin to have value is buy plus hold but one is not expected to hold worthless something because if some icos don't have a real working product,and etherium platform has made it easy for them to lunch token anytime they want.
brand new
Making an ICO and a company is similar. It’s matter of good number of investment, valuable times and definitely unbound risk. It’s very tough to recover money. By doing any wrong developers should develop right project to increase the demand.
Activity: 434
Merit: 18
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
Without a doubt, they believed on their coin. It is hard to work on something you don't believe in. The outcome will be bad and its better not to do it.  To address your question on why they don't buy back the dumped coin, it's either they have too many coins on hodl or they want to see the full potential of the coin. Buying the dumped coin back will not make it any better.
brand new
Well in my opinion there are lots of policies these ICOs are holding. Among them one of is they have keep the image of their offered tokens to be bought by others. If they buy it business will be confined within them
Activity: 192
Merit: 10
If the project is serious I assume they are dead serious about it.  You can usually get a feel for things as you visit the community and ask around and see what the reaction is. 
Activity: 392
Merit: 2
I think that money they raised through ICO is not for the purpose to buying back coins rather for development.
As an investor I would not be happy if they use funds for buyback. Eventually later on but only from the profit
they create.
Activity: 48
Not all developers are same by their work, so we must take full knowledge about the ICO and its features before investing in any ICO. And beside, I think improvement depends on a lot of investors.
Activity: 2296
Merit: 953
Temporary forum vacation
The worthwhile ones? Yes. Developers and other cryptocurrency professionals don't involve themselves with projects not worth their salt. Shit developers working on shit projects aren't oblivious, they are clever.

I agree here. Also, when you see some guy become "advisor" for so many projects,,, it makes me believe in him less. I know that advisors do not do very much at all. I know even most of them just put their name on the project in return for some paid contract so it does not mean they are dividing their time. But it is the same thing to me. If a good person really believes in a project, he supports it and that is that. He does not sully his reputation by supporting any project willing to pay him money.
Activity: 140
Merit: 1
Depends on what is the original purpose of the team. If they really create a company, then obviously they believe in success and work hard to achieve it. If this is a scam from the very beginning, then all they do is try to draw out money from investors.
Activity: 392
These DEVs will surely support their project, unless they are scams. If you are asking about buybacks, this is the sole decision of the project team. I for one do not believe in such concept as this may affect the price, which seems like manipulation if they do this. Better to just have the consensus of the investors or buyers.
Activity: 588
Merit: 254
There are several types of crypto developers as far as I know crypto currency,

1. They are developers with long-term development projects and are very time consuming, but projects like this will usually last longer in the crypto world.

2. Developers who only want profit for a moment, after the ICO is finished, immediately listing in the exchange, and immediately sell all their assets. And let the Holders get stuck.

3. Scam developers, they will never list in any exchange, because they only want to benefit from the ICO
Activity: 476
Merit: 14
Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform
Am wondering, if all these altcoins developers that did ICO and raised millions of dollars If they truly believe in their project. If actually they believe in their tokens, why can't they be using part of the ICO money to be buying the tokens back from those who are selling or dumping at very cheap prices??

Atleast they know the amount that's in circulation since they are the one that distributed it.
Am just curious to know.

Because they am also holding a big amount of their tokens. They want to use ETH or USDT that you mobilized from the ICO selling to run their system and wait the price of their token raise, they will dump tokens which they are holding to earn profit
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
Am wondering, if all these altcoins developers that did ICO and raised millions of dollars If they truly believe in their project. If actually they believe in their tokens, why can't they be using part of the ICO money to be buying the tokens back from those who are selling or dumping at very cheap prices??

Atleast they know the amount that's in circulation since they are the one that distributed it.
Am just curious to know.

I think they will not do that, because money raised from ICO will be using for project development itself such listing exchange, launching platform, etc.
Activity: 350
Yes the ICO developers truly believe in the projects but first they satisfied then they work for that projects and ICO starting is not easy job but it requires a tough struggle to develop Coin offering and for now the projects is started by experts.
Activity: 150
Merit: 11
the projects I'm in have the project leads in Telegram for hours each day.  They seems to live and breath the project which in turn gives me the confidence in them to deliver.  You can usually tell the scams from this one simple test. 
Activity: 2072
Merit: 656
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
Actually, I myself will not be able to guess about this condition. If an ICO developer doesn't believe their ICO project, so what about the investors? We can believe in the projects if they have good products, different concepts, and interesting prospects for the future. Additionally, the trusted team is also deserved.
Activity: 925
In order for ICO to succeed, developers must believe in their project. They called for capital to be able to use that money to develop the project. I know some projects have used ICO Calling Funds and bought the token. But the results are not so good. Instead of doing so, it is better to use that money to continue to develop the project and the price will go up if that project is developed and produces the product.
Activity: 252
I guess they can buy it of course. If the developers believe in their project and think it to be potential enough, they might buy the tokens back. But if the project is a scam, then they would never ever by the tokens back.
Pages:
Jump to: