Pages:
Author

Topic: Does IQ greatly affect a person's success in trading? - page 12. (Read 1271 times)

Activity: 616
Merit: 252
many people have high IQ but not all of them are trading.
so, my question is "Whether high IQ it will affect the accuracy of one's decision making because to do Buy and Sell required the right decision-making, extensive analysis and detailed graph reading".

I don't think so. One can know how those technical indicators are computed but it would still depend on how he would apply it to his trading strategy so that he can be a profitable trader. It would still depend on how he would be able to control his emotions when trading and following his strategy without being affected by what is happening in the market.

In fact, there is a tendency that those street smarts has a high possibility of being successful because they use actual experience in learning whereas those who has high IQ maybe working for those street smarts because they are more focus on theories than those what is actually happening. This would be applicable to trading as well.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 516
It could help you to learn the basic easier and you can judge the market better if you got a great iq, but most of the time the market is unpredictable, trading is not like mathematics that can be count, there are so many unpredictable factors that can caused the market to turn around, so IQ will help you but its not a guarantee that you will successful in trading, I think experience and discipline play the most important part in trading
Activity: 1176
Merit: 509
so, my question is "Whether high IQ it will affect the accuracy of one's decision making because to do Buy and Sell required the right decision-making, extensive analysis and detailed graph reading".

Reading thru charts and understanding whitepapers and yellow papers are not easy tasks so having a good or high IQ is an advantage. However, IQ is not enough in making successful trades. Many have been rekt for being emotional during trades.

I agree. Having a high IQ is an advantage but it will not be your key to success in trading. Trading price depends on the law of supply and demand. Your high IQ will tell you when is the right time to buy and sell but if you are not lucky, you can also lose your capital despite having high iQ.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1147
https://bitcoincleanup.com/

Reading thru charts and understanding whitepapers and yellow papers are not easy tasks so having a good or high IQ is an advantage. However, IQ is not enough in making successful trades. Many have been rekt for being emotional during trades.
Activity: 432
Merit: 100
IQ will affect a person's success but success will not be completely dependent on IQ. There are a lot of people who do not really have high IQs, but they can create big businesses like Jeff Bezos, J.P.Morgan, Warren Buffett, etc.
The ability to succeed in any field will be based on diligence, and passion. If there are two factors, you will easily become wealthy and good at your passion without high IQ.
legendary
Activity: 1874
Merit: 1394
The Last Cryptocoin Burner
People tend to talk about iq on every thing depend on success. In fact you dont to be clever at any job for success. Experience is more important than iq. Anyway difference of iq between humans are not too much even less than 1 in thousand.Just spend time on charts , informations forums then you will understand it is basics. If you can just analyse what you ve seen you can be a trader. The more you know the more you earn.
Activity: 487
Merit: 115
I think IQ fact is a bullshit for me. You can not determine the intelligence of anyone with the IQ test. if you want to succeed on a work,  all you have to do is work hard on that purview.
Activity: 126
Merit: 1
A successful trader must have these qualities and characteristics,
1. discipline - must stick to his entry and exit point
2. patient
3. must know how to control his/her emotion
4. doesn't get controlled by mainstream news
5. ride his/her own wave
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
Nope. All IQ means is the ability to pass IQ tests. That's it.

You could be the most intelligent person in the world but a useless trader if you have no control over your emotions. Maybe being a little dull upstairs makes you better. You won't be swayed by theoretical possibilities. You'll stick to your moves.

Control over your emotions is the one thing above all you need. Not many have it.
Activity: 1890
Merit: 101
1xBit 🏆 │ NotYourKeys.org

so, my question is;

Whether high IQ it will affect the accuracy of one's decision making because to do Buy and Sell required the right decision-making, extensive analysis and detailed graph reading?
Pages:
Jump to: