Pages:
Author

Topic: Does Merit System Fair to everyone? - page 2. (Read 316 times)

Activity: 291
Merit: 15
February 19, 2018, 05:06:15 PM
ICO is the crypto who made me a strong person and makes me confident whatever I do. Since the beginning when I start joining in crypto world I was very thankful because it's very useful for me and even if there so many negative comment about ICO but still my heart and presence is in ICO.

And don't complain and rant about merit because everyone will put you on ignore and then you will never get merits.
Activity: 336
Merit: 71
February 19, 2018, 04:13:51 PM
I think the system is fair enough to the people who want it the most, and thats all that really matters.. With this many established users and level of activity on these forums, the question then becomes is it better for the forum's ecosystem to have 100-1000 more quality people per year or 10,000+ spam accounts spam farming for rank ups.. I experienced this first hand when I joined in October and instantly left the forum because I couldn't deal with the levels of pointless spam.. and now every post has people trying to post the best responses to people's questions and almost to a degree over helping.. and that's what the system provides.... you're not only trying to rank up yourself.. but you're also setting an example to those you are helping of how to rank up themselves..  I think the only way the system is unfair (and this is probably biased) is I think the merit system is actually easier to achieve for a new user over Activity.. if merit is the gold standard for what seperates a good poster from not, then why does activity also have to be an inhibiting factor?  Anyways, either way like most things in life.. you either complain about the rules or make them work for you.. I've never once really complained my way to being successful in anything.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18588
February 19, 2018, 03:55:28 PM
Does Merit System Fair to everyone?

Yes.
Activity: 854
Merit: 116
February 19, 2018, 02:37:48 PM
Honestly, In the first period I was critical of this update, but now my opinion is completely changed and the truth that the merit system is going well and everyone must accept that change, but the problem is the majority of members are accustomed to rank easily, so everyone must deal with this update  and  all people should stop complaining . On the other hand , we should  give more effort to get merit points .
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
February 19, 2018, 02:21:18 PM
Oh $DEITY, another ignorant complaint about the merit system.

$DEITY = "Vod";

Vod read.  That post contained no useful information at all.  Suggestion has already been implemented.

5 merit points have been removed from cherryfer
Activity: 210
Merit: 119
February 19, 2018, 02:04:16 PM
Oh $DEITY, another ignorant complaint about the merit system.

It’s not at all ‘impossible’ to rank up if you post something useful even once in a blue moon. Look at my merit history. I’m new here but I get an average of several merits a week. I’m sure that by spending one hour per day, I could get enough merits to rank up as fast as the activity constraints allow.

And guess what: there are people who give out merits, just as you propose. They are called merit sources. You would have known that had you read theymos’s post announcing the merit system.
Activity: 196
Merit: 0
February 19, 2018, 01:50:36 PM
This Merit System became an issue these days. Maybe, in general this Merit System takes this forum away from those trolls and shitposters. However, it seems impossible to have hundreds of Merit given by a nice man to ranked up.

If there is no individuals who are responsible for giving Merit, therefore the Merits that we had today are just circulating to us. On the other hand, to ranked up is very hard to achieve or impossible to achieve either.

Those Juniors will still be Juniors, Seniors will still be Seniors and same apply to others. If we look on it, there is no one who waste their time looking for those quality and constructive posts just to give his/her Merit, impossible.

To end this;

I suggest that there should be individuals that will give Merits like those who give green and red trust (Dt's).
Pages:
Jump to: