Pages:
Author

Topic: Does Satoshi still have plans to access his coins? - page 5. (Read 3897 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 501
Error 404: there seems to be nothing here.
Forget about what his intentions are.  But does Satoshi have plans to access his coins again?  What do you think?

He's Dead! How can he access his coins when he already died? Huh ( if he's not undertaker from WWE)
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
I was doing some research on Counterparty and thought "Why didn't Satoshi "burn" his coins if he didn't have any intention to access them again?"

Nobody has any clue about Satoshi's intentions.

He might have earned enough in real life to not require the BTCs mined early on to sustain himself - thereby not moving the coins. He might have simply lost the private keys and so the coins can't be moved. He might have died and once again the keys lost. He may have mined later on to some addresses that we don't know about and spent from there.

We simply don't know enough to make even a relatively informed guess about Satoshi's intentions. All we know for sure is that some of the early block rewards haven't been touched - that's about it. 

Forget about what his intentions are.  But does Satoshi have plans to access his coins again?  What do you think?
Activity: 742
Merit: 502
Circa 2010
I was doing some research on Counterparty and thought "Why didn't Satoshi "burn" his coins if he didn't have any intention to access them again?"

Nobody has any clue about Satoshi's intentions.

He might have earned enough in real life to not require the BTCs mined early on to sustain himself - thereby not moving the coins. He might have simply lost the private keys and so the coins can't be moved. He might have died and once again the keys lost. He may have mined later on to some addresses that we don't know about and spent from there.

We simply don't know enough to make even a relatively informed guess about Satoshi's intentions. All we know for sure is that some of the early block rewards haven't been touched - that's about it. 
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
in the future with side chain we could see those coins being used, but no one know if he can't use them right now, maybe he is waiting for full mainstream before using his coins, who know...
Activity: 518
Merit: 501
Error 404: there seems to be nothing here.
I just assume that Satoshi is dead and that any friends or family of his knew nothing about bitcoins at the time of his death.  As such, anything that might have been a private key to any of those bitcoins is long since destroyed.

Yes! I think the same!
Satoshi died before he could use those coins! He told no one about this awesome project because he wanted to remain anonymous so no one knew about his project, forget the private key! Satoshi is dead! Lets not make this a big issue Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154
Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?
Nah, hes hanging out in Portland, too stoned to remember his password. Don't worry.  Grin

Ribsthemeat
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 4658
I just assume that Satoshi is dead and that any friends or family of his knew nothing about bitcoins at the time of his death.  As such, anything that might have been a private key to any of those bitcoins is long since destroyed.
Activity: 143
Merit: 100
Was "burning" coins a thing in the early days? Maybe he destroyed the private keys or deleted his wallet on purpose instead?

I would hate to think he done this unless he is already filthy rich, s/he created this awesome tech and I would love to think it changed their life and s/he was totally financially secure. Chances are s/he already was that is why they have been left or we have lost the great satoshi to this sands of time.

When he started this project, he probably isn't motivated by money.

The world is motivated by money my little sugar plum. He will be back to dump a nice few hundred k on our heads see how money motivated he is then shall we. Jokes aside I don't think he will be accessing the coins he would have done that already.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

So maybe we'll see those coins move in the future?

Edit:  For the newbies.  Here's a wiki for "proof of burn" https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Proof_of_burn

This has been debated for some time and there is no exact proof that if satoshi lost the private key to access that wallet since we havent see the coins moving or that he is waiting for the price to increase and move them in the future since he believe that bitcoin will/ will not be succesfull in the future

Holding that alot of bitcoin isnt something for him to lose since he got them on the early stages
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!
Yes, when the price is right you will probably see those coins moving. The demand will be high for BTC, so it's nothing to be afraid of.
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
Yes, no, maybe.

If Satoshi is an Anarchist we are soooooooo screwed............

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/anarchist

dump it all at the same time ....zowie............sheesh ...scared myself
Activity: 211
Was "burning" coins a thing in the early days? Maybe he destroyed the private keys or deleted his wallet on purpose instead?

I would hate to think he done this unless he is already filthy rich, s/he created this awesome tech and I would love to think it changed their life and s/he was totally financially secure. Chances are s/he already was that is why they have been left or we have lost the great satoshi to this sands of time.

When he started this project, he probably isn't motivated by money.
b!z
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010
Yes, no, maybe.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Maybe a big surprise in the coming years. Still waiting for his true identity to reveal.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1179
Activity: 210
Want to, but can't. That's life.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050
Monero Core Team
There is also the possibility that Satoshi could pass away and his or her estate would sell the coins in order to pay capital gains / and or inheritance taxes in some jurisdiction.
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...

So maybe we'll see those coins move in the future?

Edit:  For the newbies.  Here's a wiki for "proof of burn" https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Proof_of_burn
Pages:
Jump to: