Pages:
Author

Topic: Does the forum system skip out on updating some user activities? - page 2. (Read 389 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 390
The forum works perfectly as it is designed for, if you're not active your activities can't move forward, your activities work with the post made and not your days spent on the forum, also know this that you do not need merit for your activities to count, but you need activities together with merits to rank up, you can learn more about this from the link provided below about activities and merits, all you need to know https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/faq-everything-you-need-to-know-about-forum-activity-account-ranks-and-merit-2766177
Activity: 658
Merit: 354
I stand with Ukraine!
You must make one post in each 14 to mark that period and gain max activity point later. If you did not post any post, your account will be newbie after 10 years and after 10 years, if you decide to spam 10000 posts in one day, one week, you are still newbie with max activity to 14 for one 14-day period.

Spreadsheet to check forum activity update times till 2060.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12saLhlUoqIdairxzuSPu6EYGrt7FN2lOstO1yDjCEbA

Source: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/til-activity-does-not-work-on-precisely-2-week-intervals-interval-timings-582736

* The sheet likely is little bit inaccurate by using 14 days + 6 minutes for each 14-day period but it is not big issue. Update time is on Wednesday forum time as I remembered and you don't need to know exactly in hour and minute.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 5213
After the first 14 posts when you register an account on this forum, the activity will start counting 14 every 14 days.
Not necessarily true.
Yesterday was the last day of a two-week activity period. Assume that you made your first post yesterday. If you post 27 posts today, you can have 28 activity while you registered just yesterday.

Well I just noticed my activity just change now, so I guess its on every Thursday for me, that's two weeks from this Thursday my activity is going to change again.
The same activity periods are used for all users and the current one started yesterday.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1020
Activity is calculated according to this rule and is updated every hour.
The activity number is determined in this way:
time = number of two-week periods in which you've posted since your registration
activity = min(time * 14, posts)

Once you reach 14 posts and post more, it will be updated once on the Wednesday after you make your first post in the next week.
In other words, wait until next Wednesday and you will see that your activity has been updated.
Well I just noticed my activity just change now, so I guess its on every Thursday for me, that's two weeks from this Thursday my activity is going to change again. Well I thought before it was general for every user to have their activity change on the Wednesday I usually notice other people activity change. So that's mean the activity change differs for each user just like what joker_josue said, well it's noted now I won't feel my activity has been left behind again Grin
You didn't post anything yesterday, so you were unable to activate your new fourteen days activity. I guess it was immediately after you did a post today that your activity changed. What that means is that you have to post at least once in a new fourteen-activity period for you to get the activity. If you don't post anything within this period you will miss that two weeks activity. The activity change is to a large extent perfect. You can get more information from this thread https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/faq-everything-you-need-to-know-about-forum-activity-account-ranks-and-merit-2766177.
Activity: 546
Merit: 342
time = number of two-week periods in which you've posted since your registration

Once you reach 14 posts and post more, it will be updated once on the Wednesday after you make your first post in the next week.
In other words, wait until next Wednesday and you will see that your activity has been updated.
Well I just noticed my activity just change now, so I guess its on every Thursday for me, that's two weeks from this Thursday my activity is going to change again. Well I thought before it was general for every user to have their activity change on the Wednesday I usually notice other people activity change. So that's mean the activity change differs for each user just like what joker_josue said, well its noted now I won't feel my activity has been left behind again Grin
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1284

legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 4687
**In BTC since 2013**
It is difficult to compare two users, as the 14-day times vary from user to user, depending on when that count began. If I'm not mistaken.

In addition, the number of posts that each one makes during these 14 days can be different.

Activity: 868
Merit: 1094
After the first 14 posts when you register an account on this forum, the activity will start counting 14 every 14 days. That is how it is working and I have not seen any difference at all. You can start to monitor some accounts about this to confirm if what you are saying is true or not, I do not see it to be true, activity counts 14 every 2 weeks.
Activity: 546
Merit: 342
This is rather strange for me or maybe I really don't understand fully well how the systems truely calculated the activity of a user account. I have been here a short while but I have been very curious to seek for answer to anything I don't understand and recently I just noticed that the activity of some  users in the forum don't pop exactly when its suppose to (2 weeks interval). I came to notice on my account and some other user of my same rank with same activities like mine haven't pop up yet as it is suppose to do so yesterday which it normally does or there are reason why it hasn't reflected yet and please I would like to know how this truely works.
And please correct me if I have asked wrongly just wanting to know more, my curiosity just keep getting at me.
Pages:
Jump to: