Pages:
Author

Topic: Does this mean Cash will be extinct? - page 69. (Read 14845 times)

Activity: 630
Merit: 500
October 18, 2017, 07:02:16 PM
Absolutely that's what it means. Cash has no value and is worthless as money. It can be printed and double spent and controlled centrally. These are terrible attributes of money.
Even how hard bitcoin trying to steal the position of cash in the whole world, it is impossible to happen. Since cash was the primary needed of all people due to their daily routine. Therefore even crypto currency is the most famous money in digital currency, I think they have no capacity to surpass the cash in the outside community.
Activity: 422
Merit: 250
October 18, 2017, 06:25:20 PM
Absolutely that's what it means. Cash has no value and is worthless as money. It can be printed and double spent and controlled centrally. These are terrible attributes of money.
Activity: 350
October 18, 2017, 06:01:38 PM
Sweden is contemplating to stop using cash by 2023, does this mean cash might be extinct if other countries follow suit?

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2017/10/sweden-could-stop-using-cash-by-2023?utm_content=buffer40bef&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
Cash as physical money will probably be replaced. However Fiat currencies are ot yet to disapear. You already have digital money in your credit cards and bank transations. The diference it´s not it being digital or bank notes. the diference is one is issued based on the confidence on a country/government and the other is decentralized. Other differencies apply but this is the most important one for now. BTC started to thrive and get value without the governance / back up of a central bank or federal reserve.
I can't see Fiat money ever disappearing. Unless governments disappeared entirely, which is not something that we'll be seeing anytime soon. We'd need very sophisticated AI to keep everything in check before we'd be able to completely relinquish governments as a whole. I can see this eventually happening though. Human progress is remarkably quick after all.
But i think it is not so easy that fiat will disappear. i think that it will take a lot of time, because stilll a negligibal number of people are using bitcoin or any other fiat currency, its number is increasing but very slowy becasue bitcoin need to be educated so that to know the use of computer and internet and in most of the third world countires people do not have education to use computer or internet, even they do not have the facilities.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1005
★Nitrogensports.eu★
October 18, 2017, 03:48:24 PM
The demise of paper money is inevitable. Why? mainly because of these 2 reasons:
1. It is hard to control fiat cash. Governments like to control everything, with only electronic payments it will be an easy to keep tabs on everything.
2. We are entering new digital era, everything is moving to the internet. Payments transfers will simply follow this trend.
Activity: 980
Merit: 502
October 18, 2017, 03:32:58 PM
Sweden is contemplating to stop using cash by 2023, does this mean cash might be extinct if other countries follow suit?

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2017/10/sweden-could-stop-using-cash-by-2023?utm_content=buffer40bef&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
Bitcoin has proven its self to be a great success and it is evident from its continuous increased prices which are still increasing and let’s hope will increase in the future too. It has also gained immense amount of popularity among people and it is also being used intensively. But still after all things said; bitcoin will not be able to extinct cash from this world because. Firstly, cash is way more popular and in use than bitcoin. Secondly, cash is easily accessible as compared to bitcoin. Then one needs internet for usage of bitcoin and still there are many places where internet facility is not yet available. So cash is the only means of currency. So because of all these reasons bitcoin will not be able to extinct cash from the world.
Activity: 420
October 18, 2017, 03:17:51 PM

Hopefully this will never happen. If you have only electronic ways to pay, you're dependent on the banks, atm's etc... With money in hands it's different. And no one can track your spending with cash.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 500
October 18, 2017, 01:47:53 PM

There is a trend in this sens, if we look at the northern countries the credit cards are widely used, you can't do anything if you don't have a plastic card so that is the reason why they have this target. I suppose the same thing goes with France, over there if you want to pay your taxes you simply nee the plastic card for online playing. So yes, in the forren duture the cash will be extincted.
Activity: 742
Merit: 251
October 18, 2017, 01:42:30 PM
nope that wouldn't happen. even tho bitcoin and other crypto currency is so popular or strong fiat system won't disappear because it's more easier to manage than bitcoins and also government wont let that happen because they needed it to be fiat to get more money from their fellow countrymen. I'm not against the goverment but i hate my government.
Why not would you like to tell me the reason for the price of their bitcoin is increasing more and more I like the bitcoin as the increasing worth of the bitcoin so buy the bitcoin and increase the income and the daily investment of the bitcoin for the long time? A lot of the people are getting in the new currency and the cash of the bitcoin is increasing money will be double.
Activity: 245
Merit: 11
Staker.network - POS Smart Contract ETH Token
October 18, 2017, 10:05:28 AM
As I see on our industry paper money is very powerful and common for every individual for their daily transaction to our economy, and paper money is a thing that any persons will use because many people in world could not afford to buy cellphones for transactions, so I will probably say that cash will never be extinct in this period, maybe in the near future after 20 years it will have a  short possibility to occur like on what will happen in Sweden in the year 2023. We could not probably say if this things will happen, because we are all based in predictions, only time will see.
Activity: 560
Merit: 121
October 18, 2017, 09:40:47 AM

Here in my place almost no one is holding cash in their physical wallets. They use their visa card in everything. Even im retail stores they pay with visa and all transactions they do online or through telephone. Thieves will not get anything when they try to rob their houses.  
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
October 18, 2017, 07:45:03 AM

The Nordic nations tend to be first at implementing such schemes so I think it would take  5-10 years for the rest to follow. Troubling news, though we kinda expected this to happen anyway. Once we started dealing with our money using cards, it's really just a short step to outright removing physical fiat.
I think it would be impossible to eliminate paper money fiat simply because it is the norm and you really can't eliminate a thing that had been there for ages. As far as I can remember, paper money fiat has a value that of Gold for it to have an actual value on its own. On the other hand, it will be a great help especially in the trading of goods because it can be done electronically. Thanks to bitcoin. Exchanging goods will be effortless. But it does not mean that Cash will totally be obsolete.
Activity: 910
Merit: 550
October 18, 2017, 07:25:57 AM
nope that wouldn't happen. even tho bitcoin and other crypto currency is so popular or strong fiat system won't disappear because it's more easier to manage than bitcoins and also government wont let that happen because they needed it to be fiat to get more money from their fellow countrymen. I'm not against the goverment but i hate my government.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 834
October 18, 2017, 07:05:13 AM

Cash as physical money will probably be replaced. However Fiat currencies are ot yet to disapear. You already have digital money in your credit cards and bank transations. The diference it´s not it being digital or bank notes. the diference is one is issued based on the confidence on a country/government and the other is decentralized. Other differencies apply but this is the most important one for now. BTC started to thrive and get value without the governance / back up of a central bank or federal reserve.
I can't see Fiat money ever disappearing. Unless governments disappeared entirely, which is not something that we'll be seeing anytime soon. We'd need very sophisticated AI to keep everything in check before we'd be able to completely relinquish governments as a whole. I can see this eventually happening though. Human progress is remarkably quick after all.
Activity: 686
October 18, 2017, 06:47:28 AM

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503
October 18, 2017, 06:38:33 AM

Ot would be really impossible for cash to be extinct as the majority of the consumig public still holds that cash or paper money is still hetter as it can be touched and therefore not easily kanipulate dor hacked and they find comfort in something that is real already.
Activity: 1610
Merit: 507
October 18, 2017, 06:30:10 AM

Its impossible for the cash to be extinct because not all people can use digital currency especially poor people. Cash is still needed in order for them to have money to spend for their daily needs. Maybe some of the countries that can cope up with this kind of change that can happen in their country.

it is possible cash to be extinct when government wants to make paper money needed high fee because the paper source is limited and one day can be extinct and it will cause paper money production will disturb and could make inflation or something like that. but i think the government will search for another solution to prevent this so the economy is not disturb.
Activity: 770
Merit: 505
October 17, 2017, 10:46:32 PM
Slowly but surely cash will be extinct, this is because all users increasingly feel that the cash problem is too complicated to make cryptocurrency the best solution.
Slowly but surely is just the perfect term for it.
I do not even see it as something that should be imposed by any government, we will just see a time that cash would not really be much in circulation once everyone starts preferring going cashless.

At this stage though, in most countries, cash is still in demand most especially for countries with low infrastructure and a very good percentage of the country do not even have a clue on how going cashless can really be like.
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
October 17, 2017, 09:53:44 PM

I lived in Gothenburg for 10 months and this does not shock me
Activity: 700
Merit: 117
October 17, 2017, 09:49:11 PM
Cash will probably remain for the next two decades at least, but by then, things might have changed a lot to a point where we can't visualize right now.
You right mate, and don't think that Fiat will become extinct in the future. Yes, we accept the things that changes may happen in the coming days but I don't feel of losing fiat value in the market. Bitcoins popularity is not the reason of losing but it depends in the numbers of people are currently using it.
Activity: 658
Merit: 268
bullsvsbears.io
October 17, 2017, 08:25:14 PM

Its impossible for the cash to be extinct because not all people can use digital currency especially poor people. Cash is still needed in order for them to have money to spend for their daily needs. Maybe some of the countries that can cope up with this kind of change that can happen in their country.
Pages:
Jump to: