Pages:
Author

Topic: Does this Pandemic intensifies the usage of Bitcoin? - page 3. (Read 450 times)

legendary
Activity: 2422
Merit: 1036
Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks
~
Probably in some countries yes, more Bitcoin users are using it right now for payments (if the merchant is accepting it).

Here in my country, I didn't felt that Bitcoin usage has increased since the pandemic. I'd say that online transactions had increased massively because of the fact that the physical cash can be a carrier of virus but base on my experience, I saw many people here using e-cash rather than using Bitcoin. People right now are paying what they are buying online using digital cash and not Bitcoin here unfortunately because many still don't know how to use it for transactions.

In my part, Bitcoin helped me too to buy some things but I don't use it directly as a payment but I'm converting it into digital cash where that is the one I will use for payments online.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1354
CoinPoker.com
(...)
My question is that does this pandemic intensifies the usage of Bitcoin knowing that physical or paper money might also be a carrier of the virus once pass on hand might caught droplets bringing the virus from a certain individual.
For me YES, but there is still some alternative on Bitcoin, especially for those people who don't know yet what Bitcoin is. Like there is some e-cash where you can use and much friendly on some people that is not too techy, just like Apple Pay, We Chat Pay, their credit cards or PayPal, etc.
But for me, I rather use Bitcoin because I don't have those kinds of e-cash or mode of payments.
Activity: 1736
Merit: 589
We are all still currently experiencing the effect of pandemic and most of us do still tend to stay at home to avoid getting infected by the virus.

My question is that does this pandemic intensifies the usage of Bitcoin knowing that physical or paper money might also be a carrier of the virus once pass on hand might caught droplets bringing the virus from a certain individual.

Using Bitcoin provides cashless experience that we know safer with this pandemic so, does this means that people will tend to use Bitcoin at this time or still into fiat?
Pages:
Jump to: