Pages:
Author

Topic: Ðogecoin - page 30. (Read 57387 times)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0
November 06, 2014, 08:24:52 AM
Dogecoin is already after the mon. on dark side of moon. It will stay there forever. never move a satoshi.

Why You think so ? There was i little pump few weeks ago, why not would be the next ?
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288
November 06, 2014, 08:04:55 AM
Dogecoin is already after the mon. on dark side of moon. It will stay there forever. never move a satoshi.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 289
November 06, 2014, 06:16:31 AM
DogeRain - Make it Rain Dogecoin

"Swipe up to create a dogecoin rain. Others nearby having the app open can collect. Wag with your phone to collect more coins"

http://www.dogerain.io/
November 06, 2014, 06:11:14 AM
"THE REDDIT BLOG: It’s when a meme turns into a way to sponsor Olympic teams and NASCAR drivers. "

http://www.reddit.com/r/blog/comments/2lelge/ill_take_one_hygge_please

https://twitter.com/reddit/status/530141463804260352
November 05, 2014, 03:10:45 PM
Social Tipping Tool For Meme-Themed Dogecoin Raises $445k

http://www.coindesk.com/social-tipping-tool-meme-dogecoin-445k/
Activity: 410
Merit: 250
November 05, 2014, 07:56:18 AM
looks like dogecoin is coming back to earth
dogecoin rocket's fuel tanks are empty now and it can crash anytime
November 05, 2014, 07:48:15 AM
Distributed Exchange (DEX) now enabled on Dogeparty Testnet!

https://twitter.com/theDogeparty/status/529924208692695040
Activity: 336
Merit: 260
November 05, 2014, 05:22:22 AM
The flaws of PoW are well known. Please present an alternative that is superior to PoW.

PoS has been around for ~1 year now as implemented in NXT. Other varieties of PoS are being tested. Something will eventually replace PoW, as PoW is not sustainable, but it won't happen for the next year or two, at least not to Doge. If I had to choose PoW, I'd rather choose Doge than Bitcoin for many reasons.
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062
One coin to rule them all
November 05, 2014, 05:20:23 AM
inferior PoW technology

Why PoW is inferior?

Fiat leak from miners, expensive to maintain the network;
Mining tends to centralization with all the dangers of that;

The flaws of PoW are well known. Please present an alternative that is superior to PoW.

I think the ideas used in bitshares has potential, however I would never invest in that stuff.
Simply because I do not trust the people behind.
I trust PoW, despite the flaws and weak sides, it is transparent and easy to understand PoW.
legendary
November 05, 2014, 05:16:55 AM
Yeah, for the lolz or not, don't underestimate the power of humor, jokes and fun. It's a huge market, and if the fun money taps into the fun market, it could be a strong recipe for success, especially in the environment of economic recession of the next few years where people feel depressed and need something to cheer them up. In that sort of environment even though Dogecoin is based on an inferior PoW technology, it could still gather a large fan base, mark my words )

I tend to agree to this one.
If (or rather when?) crypto currency become commonly used, I could easily picture e.g. young girls using DOGE coins for online shopping, for the only reason that the doggy is cute Smiley
November 05, 2014, 05:13:28 AM
inferior PoW technology

Why PoW is inferior?

November 05, 2014, 05:09:28 AM
inferior PoW technology

Why PoW is inferior?

Activity: 756
Merit: 506
November 05, 2014, 05:07:12 AM
inferior PoW technology

Why PoW is inferior?

In Bitcoin's case the cost of security / network maintenance is $680 million a year and this is expected to increase.  About $1.8-$2 million worth of coins is mined everyday and professional miners dump up to 80% of this to pay for their electrical, hardware and taxation obligations.   

November 05, 2014, 05:01:44 AM
inferior PoW technology

Why PoW is inferior?
Activity: 756
Merit: 506
November 05, 2014, 04:47:57 AM
Yeah, for the lolz or not, don't underestimate the power of humor, jokes and fun. It's a huge market, and if the fun money taps into the fun market, it could be a strong recipe for success, especially in the environment of economic recession of the next few years where people feel depressed and need something to cheer them up. In that sort of environment even though Dogecoin is based on an inferior PoW technology, it could still gather a large fan base, mark my words )

Maybe but we're just talking about this one coin.  This genre of "stupid funny coins" includes a very long list of coins that never attained any notable capitalization.
November 05, 2014, 04:44:53 AM
legendary
November 05, 2014, 04:40:15 AM
I do not know anything about panda, but DOGE coin is definite a joke.
DOGE was never meant to be serious, it is about having fun.
People who "invest" heavily in DOGE with the expectation to get rich are taking it too far.
Take the DOGE coin as it is: a fun coin Smiley

Humor sells quite well, you know. If people adopt Dogecoin for fun, who cares, the price will go up. Looks like the latest efforts of Doge team to introduce Doge to the huge audience of twitch.tv and other marketing steps should work well for the adoption. Of course, Dogecoin is vulnerable to the same flaws as Bitcoin - Proof-of-work algo will make it centralized with time, and then Proof-of-stake or some variety of it will become standard. But for the next year or two Dogecoin's rate of growth will exceed that of Bitcoin. Notice, it's rate of growth, not absolute market cap.

I have DOGE coins myself, mostly in physical form though.
I never care too much about the exchange rate (honestly).
However I do like to trough out a few "To da moon" when the price goes up (for the lolz)
November 05, 2014, 04:29:13 AM
People who "invest" heavily in DOGE with the expectation to get rich are taking it too far.

Humor sells quite well, you know. If people adopt Dogecoin for fun, who cares, the price will go up. Looks like the latest efforts of Doge team to introduce Doge to the huge audience of twitch.tv and other marketing steps should work well for the adoption. Of course, Dogecoin is vulnerable to the same flaws as Bitcoin - Proof-of-work algo will make it centralized with time, and then Proof-of-stake or some variety of it will become standard. But for the next year or two Dogecoin's rate of growth will exceed that of Bitcoin. Notice, it's rate of growth, not absolute market cap.
legendary
November 05, 2014, 04:20:27 AM
Look at this:  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/crypto-currencies-youve-actually-used-846866

While everyone is fighting over who's going to the moon, etc. little Pandacoin looks like it has become the first crypto to have wide real world use.  Who would have guessed?

A few international youth hostels and a Chinese take away accepting it is your proof of real world use?   Cheesy  Containing my laughter

Both Dogecoin and this Panda coin is a joke

November 05, 2014, 04:08:38 AM
Dogecoin timeline:

http://dogecointimeline.com/

Pages:
Jump to: