Pages:
Author

Topic: Dogecoins - page 2. (Read 2144 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 254
December 17, 2013, 10:50:06 PM
There are IMO a lot of worse coins that were launched, and continue to launch, that have exceeded any expectation I would have placed on them going anywhere. Many I actually was able to get in on the first hour or so of launch and sold them nearly as fast as I mined them, thinking I better get what little value I can before these are totally worthless.

Overtime, you learn to see a pattern of which coins will actually make it and which ones will fail. I have wallets full of failed coins, just as I have wallets full of coins that are now doing quite well. I do sell some from time to time, mainly to buy more mining hardware, but have learned to not underestimate any coin and its potential.

Back to Dogecoin, I think a lot of people are underestimating its FUN factor. While it is true it does not offer anything technically different, it does offer "much fun" and builds upon an existing name brand so to speak. Anything that gets people talking about a coin is good, and the more attention the better its chances are for success.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
I love bitcoins.
December 17, 2013, 09:29:06 PM
I just bought 100,000 dogecoin after reading some very convincing positive psots.
Dogecoin to the moonb1
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
December 17, 2013, 09:28:18 PM
I still do not understand what all these accepted and new block things are and why accepted is so (relatively) rare even though I am getting piled down by blocks
Activity: 2
December 17, 2013, 09:26:40 PM
much doge
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
December 17, 2013, 09:22:02 PM
I have been mining Litecoin, Worldcoin and now Dogecoins, I think it may pay to mine new coins before the difficulty goes up. 
December 17, 2013, 09:13:23 PM
i cant figure what is different and why its worth to buy beside pump and dump

so suspicious
wow
very doubtful
such serious
much fun needed
Activity: 28
December 17, 2013, 09:04:46 PM
Could someone post good links to read about that coin plz cause i cant figure what is different and why its worth to buy beside pump and dump
Activity: 1008
Merit: 500
December 17, 2013, 09:03:26 PM
Dogecoin? it sound fun..have been hearing about it for a week, i'll find something to read first
December 17, 2013, 08:51:24 PM
I try solo mining with nvidia 720 it only hashing for 14Khs

Wait really

I have an 8800gts and it gets 20k

are you using cudaminer?

It's totally worthwhile to destroy perfectly good hardware mining an insignificant amount of a joke coin. Then again, that hardware sounds like trash in the first place  Cheesy

So first of all no hating on my core2.

Does using the CPU actually destroy it? I did not know that.

I never hate on an old functioning PC, and can generally always find a use (or user!) for one.

Did you think they'd last forever? Esp. when 24/7 running balls-out?

http://www.anandtech.com/show/2468/6

What if I do not overclock?
Activity: 3
December 17, 2013, 08:45:47 PM
I try solo mining with nvidia 720 it only hashing for 14Khs, run for couple of hours not getting anything
well it was for fun, later will try go for pool to check how much i can get
Activity: 364
December 17, 2013, 08:35:34 PM
It's totally worthwhile to destroy perfectly good hardware mining an insignificant amount of a joke coin. Then again, that hardware sounds like trash in the first place  Cheesy

I never hate on an old functioning PC, and can generally always find a use (or user!) for one.

Did you think they'd last forever? Esp. when 24/7 running balls-out?

http://www.anandtech.com/show/2468/6
Activity: 10
December 17, 2013, 08:03:47 PM
I too hope these coins go up in value. I'll do what I can to casually earn as much as I can early on, but I won't put a huge amount of time into them.
Activity: 14
December 17, 2013, 07:51:32 PM
I'm using this version https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/an-even-more-optimized-version-of-cpuminer-poolers-cpuminer-cpu-only-55038 of CPU miner on a quite good CPU and it doesnt give many dogecoins. Is there a way to increase its efficiency, should I use other miner, which is better?
Or does it depend more on pool? I'm currently using http://doge.cryptovalley.com/index.php?page=dashboard
Thanks
Activity: 25
December 17, 2013, 07:46:49 PM
I want to mine about 250k and then wait for the long term... You'll never know what's gonna happen!

/First post, hello all!
December 17, 2013, 07:46:44 PM

Activity: 75
Merit: 10
December 17, 2013, 07:43:03 PM
I mined some yesterday but today the difficulty climbed a lot and they are now mined much slower.
Activity: 364
December 17, 2013, 07:38:12 PM
Is it worth using the herd mining option even if you can only use cpu?

WELL my graphics card gets like 20khash and throwing in the CPU adds 5-9 khash to it so totally worth it for me I think considering my electricity rent is constant.

It feels superbad and stuffs when people get so high hash rates and so many coins so easily ;;

Why? I worked my ass off for all the mining hardware I have. I'm an uneducated high school dropout, yet I am able to comfortably afford 10MH+ of scrypt power, and soon another 50MH when Sapphire ships backordered stuff. Guess that's not fair?

Maybe quit complaining and get working. I'm proof that there's nothing to stop you besides yourself.

Activity: 20
December 17, 2013, 07:28:07 PM
CPU mining in general isn't recommended but you can still get a few thousand dogecoins a day (mining 24h) with a regular CPU if you're mining in a pool. Completely depends on your CPU of course.

I think it's pretty funny that a satirical coin is gaining so much traction in a short time. The name is a joke of course, but it's still based on the same code as those it's making fun of.
December 17, 2013, 07:22:47 PM

WELL my graphics card gets like 20khash and throwing in the CPU adds 5-9 khash to it so totally worth it for me I think considering my electricity rent is constant.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
December 17, 2013, 07:21:46 PM
much problems
mined 7850
forgot password
much problems
Pages:
Jump to: