Pages:
Author

Topic: Dollar Collapse - What does it mean for Bitcoin ? - page 4. (Read 2980 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500
I think dollar won't collapse anytime soon, but even it happened, there won't be any major effect for bitcoin at all.
People would think ways to save their asset or how to keep their business running instead buying lots of bitcoin.
I agree that it will not collapse soon, but I disagree with regard to the low effect on bitcoin, if that happen. People will look for other alternatives and bitcoin is the best right now.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024
There is a lot of videos and articles around the web about how the dollar will collapse on 27 September 2016.
I'm not sure how exactly they got this date, even If it's not the real date, It seems like a lot of experts keep saying that a collapse is coming soon.

Assuming that the Dollar collapse indeed , what does it mean for Bitcoin exactly ?

There's a lot of idiocy around the web for sure. While it's reasonable that the reserve currency status of the USD will be replaced in the foreseeable future it is very difficult to make an exact prediction. What information leads to the assumption that the USD will collapse at a single day, on September 27th? Without proper explanation I consider this pure speculation to generate media attention through fearmongering.

That said, if you look at geopolitics, you can clearly see that the USD is loosing its status as a global trade currency. There is an increasing motivation for important powers in the east (China, Russia, Iran...) to use their own currencies for bilateral trade. Also, oil as a main source of energy for individual mobility is on the retreat in favor of (green) electricity. Oil, however is one of the backbones of the USD - the other being the US military. Meanwhile, the US debt has reached record highs...

ya.ya.yo!
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
did kt really makes any sence well honestly i never herd of such even like collapsong a currency and it really happens then i do not think it will effect bitcoin because we exchange some faint currency in exchange of bitcoin
Activity: 341
Merit: 250
1st rule of market predictions: only ever predict the "what", "how much" and "when" separately. This prediction appears to be predicting all 3 together. Tempting to bet against it (although I don't partake in that kind of gambling)

Professor Bitcorn made that mistake by predicting Bitcoin would crash to less than $10 in 2014. He might not be a laughing stock if he had only predicted a price without a date.

If the dollar really collapses soon it's affect on Bitcoin would depend on if all the other major currencies also collapsed. If they all simultaneously collapsed Bitcoin would become a safe haven for investors like gold. If only the dollar collapsed investors would move their money into other strong currencies, and Bitcoin wouldn't become a major safe haven.
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071
Seems more like a big conspiracy theory than a real event.
I also think in the similar fashion.

[...]

If that is a conspiracy there, than this maybe a good time to buy.

Don't use big words if you don't know what they mean please, gentlemen.

Conspiracy does not mean "something that's not true"
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 7490
Crypto Swap Exchange
I think dollar won't collapse anytime soon, but even it happened, there won't be any major effect for bitcoin at all.
People would think ways to save their asset or how to keep their business running instead buying lots of bitcoin.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 756
Bobby Fischer was right
Seems more like a big conspiracy theory than a real event. Unless something like mr. robot is planned to actually happen, I don't see how anyone can announce a specific date for an event like that.
If the dollar collapses, bitcoin will be worth more dollars, but so will euro and yen and yuan. Purchasing power of bitcoin will not neccesarily increase, it will just become worth a ton of worthless fiat. For purchasing power to increase, we need a mass shift towards bitcoin so that demand will increase tremendously.
I also think in the similar fashion. We have already witnessed dollar value drop last year and absolutely nothing happened with bitcoins charts. It was still at steady grow. Back than it was a little surprise for me. Now I know that there is no connection between fiat markets and bitcoin and I love it. This makes bitcoin, despite the fluctuations, the most reliable coin around.
If that is a conspiracy there, than this maybe a good time to buy.

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
There is a lot of videos and articles around the web about how the dollar will collapse on 27 September 2016.
I'm not sure how exactly they got this date, even If it's not the real date, It seems like a lot of experts keep saying that a collapse is coming soon.

Assuming that the Dollar collapse indeed , what does it mean for Bitcoin exactly ?

The talk of the dollar collapsing has been around for some time I don't think there is any theory to support it. I am not sure what prompted someone to give the date of collapse, given that there are a lot of market dynamics in place. You can not predict such an event unless you have some in house information about an intended event that will cause the collapse.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007
Seems more like a big conspiracy theory than a real event. Unless something like mr. robot is planned to actually happen, I don't see how anyone can announce a specific date for an event like that.

If the dollar collapses, bitcoin will be worth more dollars, but so will euro and yen and yuan. Purchasing power of bitcoin will not neccesarily increase, it will just become worth a ton of worthless fiat. For purchasing power to increase, we need a mass shift towards bitcoin so that demand will increase tremendously.

legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071
1st rule of market predictions: only ever predict the "what", "how much" and "when" separately. This prediction appears to be predicting all 3 together. Tempting to bet against it (although I don't partake in that kind of gambling)
staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152

Pages:
Jump to: