Pages:
Author

Topic: DollarPounds [DPS] Red Dwarf tribute currency. - page 2. (Read 14126 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Very happy to hear this Smiley
Activity: 966
Merit: 526
🐺Dogs for President🐺
Any news regarding DPS relaunch Huh??

Saturday we should be ready,  but maybe Sunday.   I need to choose a time that is good for US and UK.   The weekend is the only fair time I can think of as most of us have jobs..

If you have a personal preference for the time of day in UTC/GMT for the re-launch please let me know... Smiley
🐺Dogs for President🐺
Any news on the relaunch? Would it make it in time for scifi exchange launch?

Jonoiv, if you need help, you may consider talking to Dream, he solved the QT issue for Darsek.

Cool  Thanks for the words of advice and offer for help....  Smiley

I have decided to use Novacoin / Darsek as the source over worldcoin as Dreamwatcher has done most of the hard work already,  testing the source now.... I have the gen block, so next thing is cosmetic stuff and building windows clients Sad...   But It should be OK and ready in time.    

The relaunch is on target for Saturday,  I will have the code then.... /all going well/...  I will setup 3 solid nodes and my home mining rig! then launch.  

For those,  interested in redemptionI will make this easy as possible but it will be done manually so people will need to be patient,  Unclaimed coins after a period will either be destroyed, given to the foundation, or some given to the foundation and some to the scificryptocoin/hartlandpc wallets.   Cool  Not decided yet...!

DPS  will become DPZ   Wink

the ports are different...  
the Address starting letter will be 'R' not 'L' for Lister.... (that's 'R' for Red Dwarf not Rimmer)  But I still have time to change it to D for dollar-pounds.  
PoS will be different /as originally intended/
Changes to PoW block times and values will be changed, but the overall value of coins mined / total coins ratio and PoW reduction should balance overall...  as in... 30 million total coins will remain.

I will send the source to you guys at the exchange so you can build the headless node before the launch  / but please don't mine any until launch time.  Only 1 block will be premined which will contain the current balance of DPS for the redemtion. This block will be checkpointed at launch to avoid any instafork !

I will publish addnode later, and one node will be hard coded and will remain for at least 12 months.  

Activity: 182
Any news on the relaunch? Would it make it in time for scifi exchange launch?

Jonoiv, if you need help, you may consider talking to Dream, he solved the QT issue for Darsek.
Activity: 444
Merit: 250
Life is a bitch, get used to it...
Any news regarding DPS relaunch Huh??
Activity: 444
Merit: 250
Life is a bitch, get used to it...
Let's hope the relaunch will go smooth and no one will lose their coins..  Wink
🐺Dogs for President🐺
I want to update people as to what is happening regrading this coin.  I have been testing the coin an encountering numerous issues.  For that reason....

DPS will be relaunched.  and there will be a redemption program in place.  The method for redemption has not yet been chosen but keep your wallets safe, we will choose the best redemption option for all concerned.  At the moment I am hard working on the new coin...  but It will be based on better code this time as the underlying code base of the original coin was not without faults.

The new coin will be on the scificryptocoin exchange.  and I will aim to have it there for launch, but no promises.   Tongue

At the moment I would personally advise against mining this coin until the relaunch, but if you carry on that is your choice.  Current estimate for relaunch is 1 week. 
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001
Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card
I'm working on getting the pool back up on the current client. Until we are ready to try again.

At least we can convert balances at pool with out losing them.
🐺Dogs for President🐺
I cant even log in into my account at jupitermining.co

They may have turned it off today! as they are anticipating the change.  

There is a hard fork planned to resolve some long standing issues!  
This is planned for today...
I would advise against mining today and wait until about the same time tomorrow, (when the chain is back up and resolved as intended).  As any coins mined later today could potenially be lost.

You will be ok to mine for the next 2 - 3 hours. until 16:00 GMT/UTC but after that, I would wait until the new client has been released.   Grin

I have made a new windows QT that is Red Dwarf Themed ....  This may be released later today as well  ( best guess about 20:00-23:00 GMT / UTC).

But I may just release an updated standard client....  it depends on time, we will see!   Cool

can't wait, lost only 50k the last time

Unfortunately, if all nodes drop or if a couple of remaining nodes are ddosed even a PoS coin becomes vulnerable.  It forked and I am sorry for that, but It was out of my control, and was nothing to do with the new client.  I just had to choose the checkpoints based on the strongest chain.  There were some winners and some losers.  I was also in the losing camp.

Activity: 708
Merit: 500

I would advise against mining today and wait until about the same time tomorrow, (when the chain is back up and resolved as intended).  As any coins mined later today could potenially be lost.

You will be ok to mine for the next 2 - 3 hours. until 16:00 GMT/UTC but after that, I would wait until the new client has been released.   Grin

I have made a new windows QT that is Red Dwarf Themed ....  This may be released later today as well  ( best guess about 20:00-23:00 GMT / UTC).

But I may just release an updated standard client....  it depends on time, we will see!   Cool

can't wait, lost only 50k the last time
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
LiveChains.Net

LiveChains in Conjunction with the pool owner have suspended the pool and payouts untill the new wallet is installed and running, there are several reasons we have decided to do this.

Most importantly to protect you the user from coin loss due to the fork.

Payments have all been processed upto the stratum shutdown and the wallet allowed to sync, this has now been killed on the server, last thing we want is to give you all doubble payments by mistake! Smiley

Whilst the pool is offline we will take the opertunity to update the MPOS front end with the latest release that has a slightly better layout and more bar graphs for you to look at and work with, breaking down shares much better, it also allows us to show Bonus Payments, at present they do not show within MPOS.

In addition to this LiveChains is performing inline customer updates on pools allowing each pool to make use of a european stratum or canadian stratum, lower latency all round and a faster service for out miners, and the removal of a single point of failure within the network

In many respects this fork has come at just the right time for us as a host and you as the user, being able to do the work with MPOS down, will allow us to do it much more smoothly.

I hope this goes some way to help you understand the current "Issues" regarding the JupiterMiningCo DPS Pool

Many Thanks
Mark S - LiveChains Team
🐺Dogs for President🐺
So what about all the mining and staking I did for a week or so straight up until about the 24th of December?

Also, I even loss the mining I did in October...about 12.5k worth of DPS...WTF!?

If you lost mining in October this is nothing to do with the recent fork of the chain due to the revival when the nodes were down.

It forked at block 128281. where we had previously gone way past this number. any PoW block before block 128282 is fine and PoS before that may re-stake when you resync the chain. 

It won't happen in future as more reserve nodes are being added for the hard fork.
Activity: 128
So what about all the mining and staking I did for a week or so straight up until about the 24th of December?

Also, I even loss the mining I did in October...about 12.5k worth of DPS...WTF!?
🐺Dogs for President🐺

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000
Activity: 128
Yippy!  Went from 50,000+ DPS down to 241 DPS after the update  Angry

Glad to see me mining to try and move the coin and chain along was worth it  Roll Eyes

Just lost my support.
legendary
legendary
Jupiter Mining Company is Giving a Block Finder Bounty

Starting 0000 GMT 1/4/2014 each miner that finds the block will receive a  5DPS finders bonus.

So join the pool and try to reap the reward.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Glad to see the pools up and running.
Will leave a pc mining on it for as long as I can.
🐺Dogs for President🐺
Thanks I'm happy to do so. Pool was down because of blokchain issues and Hosting co upgrades.

But it's back up now.

All it needs is people mining so lets go folks. I'll be bumping all the giveaway threads starting tomorrow

Good good.

Sent the 5000.  the foundation address only had 300 Cheesy

but I had some in my personal wallet Smiley
TX ID     c745de58a3c2e83467fa1a60d70cdfdb98a7ff6c228d18b7b5939ace8296565d

When the give away is in full swing send me the link I will add it to page 1.
Pages:
Jump to: