Pages:
Author

Topic: Dominance of BTC - page 2. (Read 296 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 10
September 25, 2018, 08:10:26 AM
i can agree with you. lot of high tech coins are dumping just because of btc dump. but i have heard that if btc dominance go below 20% then alts will have better control. once it was 32%. so it can happen in 2019. lets see what happens
Activity: 294
Merit: 1
Colletrix-Bridging the Physical and Virtual Worlds
September 25, 2018, 07:56:41 AM
It is not a wrong decision if someone chooses to be closer to BTC. It has been proven that bitcoin is capable and has experienced a great reputation. Dominate a thing that is the dream of many people. Bitcoin is always the best and has proven to be great !! Cool Cool
Activity: 560
Merit: 101
September 25, 2018, 07:24:32 AM
I also noticed this. That every altcoins value is just a tail of bitcoins value. I don't think any altcoin can separate its development from bitcoin. In every coin development, there will always be a bitcoin behind it. Maybe in the future, some altcoins can go independent. But I am sure that it is impossible right now.
Activity: 770
Merit: 102
Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract
September 25, 2018, 07:21:27 AM
I don't think it is necessary, and even with the alt coin markets beaten down Bitcoins dominance does not exceed the mid 50's. I think that as markets mature we will see less dominance by Bitcoin and less correlation between Bitcoin and the Alts and Bitcoin will start being seen for what it is rather than as a proxy for the whole cryptocurrency market.  
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18706
September 25, 2018, 07:09:19 AM
Thanks to this dominance alternative cryptocurrencies are not able to grow in their whole potential so cryptomarket can’t be developed at all.

Altcoins not growing has nothing to do with Bitcoin and everything to do with the vast majority of altcoins being trash or scams. These are projects with a market cap of millions or billions of dollars that don't even have a working product. ICOs raising billions of dollars on empty promises. You think they should be worth more?

If you want an altcoin to grow, then make a product that is useful, instead of just slapping "Blockchain" and "ICO" on some trash in order to make easy money.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137
September 25, 2018, 04:42:19 AM
first of all there is absolutely no consequence for bitcoin or others if bitcoin's dominance (the real dominance or the fake dominance that newbies use) grows or shrinks. if a project is good, it is good. people who are adopting bitcoin (for example a merchant in Japan that started accepting BTC for the goods he sells) is not choosing bitcoin because of some arbitrary number that you call dominance. they choose bitcoin because of a thousand and one reasons including decentralization, security, immutability, no taxes,...

secondly what newbies call dominance is just a fake number produced by market capitalization which is fake itself since it is multiplication of supply and price where supply of 90% of the market is fake.
copper member
Activity: 376
September 25, 2018, 04:05:22 AM
I have seen similar topics created like this hear, it is no doubt that btc controls the rest of the cryptos, remember a lot of exchanges btc is traded against alts, so their is no way it will its price will be falling and the traded pair remains same, it is usually difficult.
Thus is not forex. The altcoin market is still immature for independence
Activity: 98
September 25, 2018, 03:42:48 AM
It goes without saying that BTC’s dominance on the cryptocurrency market is very significant and has a lot of consequences like negative and positive ones. Even to take in attention the fact of BTC’s being close to be the foundation of cryptomarket, it is very important influencer and it can be the reason of market’s decreasing or its death in the worst situation. Thanks to this dominance alternative cryptocurrencies are not able to grow in their whole potential so cryptomarket can’t be developed at all. From the other side of this question BTC has become the main reliable coin for investments and its stability is very nice for all of us. So is it necessary to have this dominance or it could be liquidated and with such methods? Huh
Pages:
Jump to: