Pages:
Author

Topic: Done with GLBSE - page 3. (Read 7452 times)

legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
September 26, 2012, 05:35:33 PM
Have a strong EULA that removes any type of liability from you for providing the software, and then let them do what they do on their servers, what do you care?

What you propose would be like some forum script telling me what I could or could not talk about on my site, wtf?!
If they are hosted with you tho, yeah, run a tight ship Smiley

I am not talking about their servers but my servers. The software is already free to all, they can run it on their own servers as and when they please.

-MarkM-
legendary
September 26, 2012, 05:28:04 PM
The one thing that I am hesitant about in offering Open Transactions services to people is maybe solvable simply with a terms of service clause, which would be they must not issue anyone else's assets, only their own assets.

Basically I like the idea of setting up a server specifically for one issuer, but not as a way of creating a competing service. Does that make sense? If someone else also wants to issue assets Open Transactions style I want to deal with them separately, not have them squeezed onto a server I already run for an existing customer; I also do not want customers hosting scams for third parties; any scams on the server I set up for their assets to run on should have only their scams on it, no-one else's.

Well, except maybe for mine? What would they be doing about coinage? Would they want to set up their own tokens for each type of cryptocurrency and so on or would they find it convenient for me to issue my standard tokens so there are common currencies across the servers? Details...

-MarkM-

legendary
September 26, 2012, 05:16:04 PM
Does anyone have a reliable alternative for GLBSE?

It looks that is going to vary according to exact goals/requirements.

It might work out better in many cases for issuers to be each on their own separate/distinct server/platform that only offers assets issued by that one issuer. That would keep all the liability issues much clearer by making it very clear exactly who the one entity is that is fully liable for all assets offered on that server...

-MarkM-
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Portland Bitcoin Group Organizer
September 26, 2012, 05:12:22 PM
Does anyone have a reliable alternative for GLBSE?
legendary
Activity: 1630
Merit: 1000
September 25, 2012, 11:52:22 PM
exactly there for him terminating is a breach. First of all he cant even delist items
"The Exchange reserves the right to suspend transfers of any asset, or suspend access to an asset creator's account, for failure of an asset creator to provide requested information, or in the event of suspected fraud. "
Acording to there terms of service they can not delist an asset. Im no lawyer but they broke there TOS by doing such.The only thing they can do is suspend trading which doesnt mean to stop
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/suspend for those of you who need to know what suspend means

I have not even been accused of fraud.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
September 25, 2012, 11:26:25 PM
GLBSE 1 was a BETA end of story! Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1630
Merit: 1000
September 25, 2012, 10:57:20 PM
"The Exchange reserves the right to suspend transfers of any asset, or suspend access to an asset creator's account, for failure of an asset creator to provide requested information, or in the event of suspected fraud. "
Acording to there terms of service they can not delist an asset. Im no lawyer but they broke there TOS by doing such.The only thing they can do is suspend trading which doesnt mean to stop
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/suspend for those of you who need to know what suspend means
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
September 25, 2012, 10:37:55 PM
So....when is everyone going to stop acting like children and start working together?

Oh right...i've got more popcorn to eat, that's why it isn't over.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
September 25, 2012, 04:20:23 PM
This has gone too far.

I am selling everything I have there, moving out all of my BTC, and never trading there again.

The owner of the platform acts vindictively and hot-headed, freezes accounts/issues of anyone he doesn't agree with, and has basically placed hundreds if not thousands of his customer's BTC in limbo.

Death-knell. I predict crickets over there.

You know that your BTC are held by the asset issuer if you bought shares , right?

If the asset issuer had his account shut down by Nefario no, the asset issuer does not hold the BTC. Nefario has the BTC.

You are saying there are people who leave BTC on GLBSE lying around instead of investing or saving according to their contracts?  For other reasons than investing,paying dividends or buybacks there is no need to hold BTC there. Goat , does Nefario hold some of your Assets BTC ? Is he clearly (mind you) intending to not give them back?

at this time it seems that I can not get them back unless I agree to my account being shut down and my assets delisted. I do not consent to that so I do not know how I can get my coins back Sad

You've been given all the details you need to continue operating without GLBSE.

I've also asked you for a BTC address to send the remaining balance in your accounts to you.

And, Nefario, you've been given the details you need to continue operating GLBSE with some customers. You're unfortunately ignoring that, much like you say Goat is ignoring your details.

I continue to liquidate the final assets (minus of course the PPT bonds that Nefario has fucked me on) and withdraw any remaining BTC after the sales. I will not purchase any more securities on GLBSE until nefario is replaced, and GLBSE becomes a public company, with shareholders electing a board. It's clearly incapable of directing itself in a professional manner with nefario at the helm.

Yes. Done.
Activity: 103
Merit: 10
September 25, 2012, 02:36:17 PM
I don't care if Goat wants to bury his head in the sand, because I can write off the small amount of BTC I had in his issue,

but I do care that Nefario is ruining his reputation and trading floor, because I had a lot of BTC invested there.

If Nefario has decided to punish his customers because of a dispute with Goat over something else, he will reap the reward of a useless and untrusted trading floor.

Already sold off 90% of my holdings and took out the BTC.

Waiting for the remainder to sell, and will never be back.

TERRIBLE WAY TO RUN A BUSINESS
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
September 25, 2012, 01:36:31 PM
This has gone too far.

I am selling everything I have there, moving out all of my BTC, and never trading there again.

The owner of the platform acts vindictively and hot-headed, freezes accounts/issues of anyone he doesn't agree with, and has basically placed hundreds if not thousands of his customer's BTC in limbo.

You know that your BTC are held by the asset issuer if you bought shares , right?

If the asset issuer had his account shut down by Nefario no, the asset issuer does not hold the BTC. Nefario has the BTC.

You are saying there are people who leave BTC on GLBSE lying around instead of investing or saving according to their contracts?  For other reasons than investing,paying dividends or buybacks there is no need to hold BTC there. Goat , does Nefario hold some of your Assets BTC ? Is he clearly (mind you) intending to not give them back?

at this time it seems that I can not get them back unless I agree to my account being shut down and my assets delisted. I do not consent to that so I do not know how I can get my coins back Sad

I've also asked you for a BTC address to send the remaining balance in your accounts to you.

I do not agree to your proposal.
It's not about you agreeing. You're off GLBSE - deal with it and give nefario a BTC address. Trying to claim that he's keeping your BTC hostage when you're actively refusing to give him the details he needs to give it back is just shady.

First of all there is no way I can identify who is holding my shares. There is nothing I can do to know for 100% who owns my shares.
...Unless you use the codes given to you by GLBSE
legendary
Activity: 2270
Merit: 1363
September 25, 2012, 01:01:39 PM
This has gone too far.

You are saying there are people who leave BTC on GLBSE lying around instead of investing or saving according to their contracts?  For other reasons than investing,paying dividends or buybacks there is no need to hold BTC there. Goat , does Nefario hold some of your Assets BTC ? Is he clearly (mind you) intending to not give them back?

Okay, so you do not want to secure the BTC of your Investors because you feel like you do not want to "comply".
Guys we have a winner. There is probably little chance that you get the possibiliy to make this mess clean without you working something out for your shareholders.

Investments with you are NOT safe.

Nefarios action maybe hotheaded , but you are doing little to help the people that trusted you. If I were you i would have a solution for my investors that trusted me ready right now and would look after nefario later.

Can you inform the rest of us what's the dispute is about?

I had some assets he wanted. I resisted his forced sale and he delisted my assets and close my GLBSE account thus taking my assets.

Goat resisted his forced sale because he felt like his fake shares are undervalued (he sold them for 10 BTC to someone, nefario wanted to pay him the double the initial ipo price alas 0.2 BTC), and wanted to give nefario a scammer tag. Nefario then cut ties with Goat and delisted his assets without prior notice. He gave Goat everything he needed to identify who is holding his shares.

That is not 100% correct.

First of all there is no way I can identify who is holding my shares. There is nothing I can do to know for 100% who owns my shares.

Second of all as a property owner I have the right to refuse the sale of an asset. If nefario does not want to give me the price I think is fair he just can't have it (unless he uses force and takes it).

If you are dealing with them on GLBSE there is no 100% security either, if their account is compromised you cannot ensure it 100%. As far as i understood every shareholder got an identifier. The longer it takes for you to setup a system where they could register, the bigger is the chance of theft of codes. So act quick to reduce your shareholders potential damage.

As far as i understood : Nefario is forced to delete the asset, because he wants to make GLBSE a legitimate company. These were fake shares. He made a mistake in claiming that he would honor them, but was not in the position to decide this. So he is offering you a compensation out of his own pockets with twice the value of the share at "IPO". This is more than generous. He just could delist the asset of the fake GLBSE and that was it then. He is not even the owner of this IPO. Neither is he the solemn owner of GLBSE. Goat, you fucked up big time. Get your head out of your ass and set it straight.

Nefario clearly made mistakes but not giving you a higher price for your shares or even actual GLBSE shares was not one of them.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1040
September 25, 2012, 12:51:31 PM
Are we sure this is what we want fellas? S.E.C is already looking and this is just horrible, Not taking either side don't care but some sort of private agreement.  Like a 1 week time frame for goat to get his affairs in order then pull the plug?

+5

I also think that would be a good idea. Relist goat's assets for a week or a two with huge warnings, to give the asset holders  the time to get out  and strike a deal with goat. I can understand nefario's position all to well, but I dont think shareholders should get in the cross fire like this. Plus its also giving goat a convenient excuse.
legendary
September 25, 2012, 12:49:35 PM
Maybe he means the page does not include enough citations and he lacks edit rights there so cannot correct it himself?

-MarkM-
Activity: 602
Merit: 512
GLBSE Support [email protected]
September 25, 2012, 12:42:49 PM

Then you're asset holders should push to have you prosecuted for fraud.

You have a fiduciary duty to your asset holders http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiduciary_duty

And you have been given all the information needed to carry that duty out.

Why do you link to wikipedia?  You should know the original sources if you hope to continue in your current business.

Next, you'll be citing episodes of Matlock.

Because it's a good explanation of what fiduciary duty is, whats your point?
donator
Activity: 151
Merit: 100
Assholier-than-thou retard magnet
September 25, 2012, 12:31:59 PM

You have a fiduciary duty to your asset holders http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiduciary_duty

Why do you link to wikipedia?  You should know the original sources if you hope to continue in your current business.

Next, you'll be citing episodes of Matlock.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
September 25, 2012, 12:13:36 PM
It's so sad watching everyone in this forum butting heads.

I could resolve to only do business with people who don't blow up at each other over the internet...

But then it looks like I'd be doing business alone.

~pyotr
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
September 25, 2012, 12:11:55 PM
Are we sure this is what we want fellas? S.E.C is already looking and this is just horrible, Not taking either side don't care but some sort of private agreement.  Like a 1 week time frame for goat to get his affairs in order then pull the plug?
legendary
Activity: 2270
Merit: 1363
September 25, 2012, 12:04:22 PM
This has gone too far.

You are saying there are people who leave BTC on GLBSE lying around instead of investing or saving according to their contracts?  For other reasons than investing,paying dividends or buybacks there is no need to hold BTC there. Goat , does Nefario hold some of your Assets BTC ? Is he clearly (mind you) intending to not give them back?

Okay, so you do not want to secure the BTC of your Investors because you feel like you do not want to "comply".
Guys we have a winner. There is probably little chance that you get the possibiliy to make this mess clean without you working something out for your shareholders.

Investments with you are NOT safe.

Nefarios action maybe hotheaded , but you are doing little to help the people that trusted you. If I were you i would have a solution for my investors that trusted me ready right now and would look after nefario later.

Can you inform the rest of us what's the dispute is about?

I had some assets he wanted. I resisted his forced sale and he delisted my assets and close my GLBSE account thus taking my assets.

Goat resisted his forced sale because he felt like his fake shares are undervalued (he sold them for 10 BTC to someone, nefario wanted to pay him the double the initial ipo price alas 0.2 BTC), and wanted to give nefario a scammer tag. Nefario then cut ties with Goat and delisted his assets without prior notice. He gave Goat everything he needed to identify who is holding his shares.
Activity: 602
Merit: 512
GLBSE Support [email protected]
September 25, 2012, 11:58:06 AM

Pages:
Jump to: