Pages:
Author

Topic: Don't buy anything from coinabul. Yet another complaint. - page 2. (Read 8214 times)

Activity: 675
Merit: 502
But lets see what the free market offers in the next months.

There are already bullion dealers around who only sell from their own stock.

Other bullion dealers selling for Bitcoin? Which ones?
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

There are already bullion dealers around who only sell from their own stock.
Activity: 756
Merit: 522
12 Bricks Of Gold Hidden In Car Seized At Swiss Border

Gee, I hope that scammer Coinabul is reshipping that gold. I'm sure the customer paid for it fair and square. He'd better reship it or else there's probably going to be a scammer tag!
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
^^^ the waiting part would be fine if the communication was their from the start. The problem is when you ask "is XX in stock" and they say "yeah, will be shipped in 3 days" and then 3 weeks later you still have to keep chasing them.
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

That makes it hard for a bullion operation then who has to keep getting new stock. No major supplier of bullion wants btc.
So one has to sell cheaper, take a hit converting to usd plus volatility, restock hopefully in quantity to save money, and repeat.
A lot of work to make a few dollars selling an oz of gold via mail.

An online Bitcoin bullion store, which does not need to rent a storefront or pay for utilities, and who does not need to worry about credit or debit card fees, or check fraud, should be expected to have slightly cheaper rates than a traditional B&M store that has to pay for all of these.

Bitcoin-based stores can sell all Bitcoin payments for USD immediately if they want to, so they run no risk of the price of Bitcoin dropping.

There are USD-based online coin dealers that hold stock and sell from their stock. It shouldn't be impossible for a Bitcoin-based coin dealer to hold stock and sell from their stock.

Any major bullion purchase is done via wire or check (with most having a waiting period).
It is true you can save money with no brick and mortar store but keep in mind that major online sellers have a single location that
serves the world. That scales VERY well.

btc sent -> bullion owner sends to exchange -> six confirmations later they possibly lost a percentage before selling. They need to hedge
which is truly not available to my knowledge. Lets be realistic here. It can go up and it can go down. A slow decline over a few month
period could put a person out of business due to no profits.

And that is what I would like to see. A btc bullion store with 4-7 offerings in stock and ready to ship. But that requires, lets guess,
50K to 100K to start up. Buying a few gold sizes will chew up 50K easily.

Anyway. I do not want to be argumentative. I just think coinabul does not keep most of their goods in stock and if they have to
order it via mail... one should not expect their goods in 7 days. Triple that easily. Sometimes even longer if the companies they are
selling from is out of stock.

That makes it hard for a bullion operation then who has to keep getting new stock. No major supplier of bullion wants btc.
So one has to sell cheaper, take a hit converting to usd plus volatility, restock hopefully in quantity to save money, and repeat.

An online Bitcoin bullion store, which does not need to rent a storefront or pay for utilities, and who does not need to worry about credit or debit card fees, or check fraud, should be expected to have slightly cheaper rates than a traditional B&M store that has to pay for all of these.

Bitcoin-based stores can sell all Bitcoin payments for USD immediately if they want to, so they run no risk of the price of Bitcoin dropping.

There are USD-based online coin dealers that hold stock and sell from their stock. It shouldn't be impossible for a Bitcoin-based coin dealer to hold stock and sell from their stock.
legendary
Isnt it obvious? He is selling what he does not have in some cases. He goes out and makes an order and once in ships it.
A middleman making a cut from you. Just order from a reputable site who actually has possession of what they are selling and if not it is marked out of stock.

Are there other such 'gold and silver for bitcoin' sites?

i am unsure. i would have to google to find out.
but are you so desperate to pay with btc that you are willing to risk some screw up?

just how much above spot (usd) per oz of silver and oz of gold are you willing to pay with a reasonable shipping fee?

I'm looking for a discount versus local coin shops because I'm paying in Bitcoin.

Isnt it obvious? He is selling what he does not have in some cases. He goes out and makes an order and once in ships it.
A middleman making a cut from you. Just order from a reputable site who actually has possession of what they are selling and if not it is marked out of stock.

but are you so desperate to pay with btc that you are willing to risk some screw up?

just how much above spot (usd) per oz of silver and oz of gold are you willing to pay with a reasonable shipping fee?

I'm looking for a discount versus local coin shops because I'm paying in Bitcoin.
legendary

donator
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060
between a rock and a block!
i sure would like to know...

legendary
donator
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060
between a rock and a block!
Let's see if this is legit or a scam.  I placed an order for 1 coin from their website.

Sent the bitcoins in.  Got the email confirmation of the order.  Called both numbers several time, left voice mails.  no returned phone call.

Sent an email asking for shipping status.

No responses yet.
legendary
Activity: 1001
Merit: 1005
Can we get a response from Coinabul? These are some pretty serious allegations.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
Is it time to put them here ?

http://bitcoin-shitlist.com/

Thinking about taking that site offline, because ,seriously, for how many scams happen around here you see people aren't willing to share their experiences outside of this forum.
It's a failure.

Phinn, Joe's datacenter?

That's an excellent guess, but honestly I didn't know they were down tell after I posted here, then I went ahead and posted my parking ticket comment.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Drug dealers gotta cash out from SR anonymously some how. I'm not surprised that they're backed up out the ass, considering how much money is moving through there.
Activity: 868
I used to buy from these guys weekly no problem at all.. Its hard to see all these complaints pile up now. pshhh oh well..

Could it be that coinabul has shitloads of customers and just having a hard time dealing with it, and in addition are quite poor at customer service ?

I mean, if you have 100 customers nagging you about outstanding orders, if you are slow at reacting, some of them will probably give up, which is a 'win' for coinabul. Not sure if they think like this, but i know of quite a few companies that think like that!
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
I used to buy from these guys weekly no problem at all.. Its hard to see all these complaints pile up now. pshhh oh well..
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

Thinking about taking that site offline, because ,seriously, for how many scams happen around here you see people aren't willing to share their experiences outside of this forum.
It's a failure.

Phinn, Joe's datacenter?
Activity: 868

Pages:
Jump to: