Pages:
Author

Topic: Don't get discouraged! - page 2. (Read 196 times)

Activity: 2380
Merit: 251
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
February 16, 2021, 08:17:58 AM
Accumulate as much as you can, don't care about the amount you accumulated because one day the money you accumulated into bitcoin will be turning into huge value which is unlikely to happen with other kind of investments.Its better late than never so don't consider you lost the perfect opportunity to buy bitcoin because even early adoptors are having the same feeling right now after seeing bitcoin at 50K in just few years after they sold it.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1033
Not your Keys, Not your Bitcoins
February 16, 2021, 08:16:36 AM
Just had an interesting thought. If we would live in a world where wealth would be equally distributed, each person would own 0.003 btc, so holding even 0.01 btc makes you wealthier than 3 people bundled together. But we don't live in that world so 0.01 BTC could be worth much more if Bitcoin gets adopted as the worldwide standard of value.
legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 2145
February 16, 2021, 08:05:48 AM
Make a brainwallet out of that 1.1 bitcent and repeat it enough that it would take you 100 million years to forget and you'll always have a little something saved up.

Never ever advice people to make brainwallets. Brainwallets are not secure. If a human can come up with an easy-to-memorize phrase, then it's trivial for a computer to bruteforce such phrase. Also human memory is not very reliable, you can repeat your wallet every day for many months, but then get lazy, stop repeating it and quickly forget it and inevitably losing your stash.

Just write down a seed on a piece of paper, make a few copies and store them in different places. Regularly check for damage and you will be fine.
Activity: 1492
Merit: 763
Life is a taxable event
February 15, 2021, 08:05:39 PM
I was here in 2012 and when I made a mistake (bought ASIC from the wrong company) I thought I'd never accumulate a lot of bitcoin so I messed around instead.

Just because I couldn't mine Hundreds of bitcoin I thought I missed this opportunity to get in and when my miner came (Months late and way past the first halving) I just messed around with it. Mining alts and playing with them even.

Just because you missed 15k Bitcoin it doesn't mean it's over.

I wouldn't recommend throwing money you do not have into it just to buy in. Maybe buy a little because you don't like the idea of inflating fiat and banks being able to freeze your account.

Ideally find a way to sell your services or products for bitcoin (like Andreas Antonopoulos would recommend)

There's only going to ever be a small amount of bitcoin. Even if you only accumulate 0.1 BTC instead of 1, that's still more bitcoin than every US Citizen would get if it were equally distributed. Maybe even just get 1 bitcent and something for the transaction fee. That's still a decent stake in my view.

Make a brainwallet out of that 1.1 bitcent and repeat it enough that it would take you 100 million years to forget and you'll always have a little something saved up.

Pages:
Jump to: