Pages:
Author

Topic: Dont invest all your Bitcoin in 1 source - page 3. (Read 545 times)

Activity: 286
Merit: 31
January 26, 2018, 07:24:25 AM
Just like stock, you can invest all your money for a coin code if you really trust. But that would be very dangerous. One can make sure that the coin will not fall down to 0 a day.
The advice is to diversify your portfolio. That will help reduce the risk. You do not earn much but if not lost also much.

All we do is depend our decision.
I prefer to split my money into some different project to prevent high loss. Of course the profit that we get also smaller. But sometime the altcoin can hype till 100x and its big enough. Put all egg in one basket is very dangerous.
Activity: 98
Merit: 0
January 26, 2018, 07:21:28 AM
Yes, I think you're absolutely right.
If you invest only one, you will lose everything if you fail.
You can reduce risk if you diversify.
Activity: 26
January 26, 2018, 07:17:50 AM
Thanks for the advice. I also do not put all my investments on coins in one bucket. I know thise one guy who invested everything on Bitcoin though. Pretty risky move if you ask me. Moreover, I am trying to strengthen my portfolio and I believe it can be best achieved with having different kinds of coins.

So to all newbies out there: Best to invest in Altcoins as well and not just Bitcoins
Activity: 284
Merit: 10
January 26, 2018, 07:11:44 AM
People say never put all your eggs in one basket , I will not invest all my money for a coin .
I will divide my assets into some different crypto coins , let's say Bitcoin and Ethereum .
Activity: 518
Merit: 11
January 26, 2018, 06:40:35 AM
yes, I know that the crypto world has a huge risk, even hacked and makes you weak, so I will not invest all my money. especially if the bitcoin conditions like today, we should have investment online and offline. I think will be more dangerous, so I will secure my investment.
Activity: 98
January 26, 2018, 06:35:45 AM
I agree with you.
That's what I did.
I bought half of my assets in bitcoin and half in eth.
I think my investment method is very wise.
Activity: 392
Merit: 101
January 26, 2018, 06:32:27 AM
Just like stock, you can invest all your money for a coin code if you really trust. But that would be very dangerous. One can make sure that the coin will not fall down to 0 a day.
The advice is to diversify your portfolio. That will help reduce the risk. You do not earn much but if not lost also much.
Well said. If I have my own money I will do it the way like you said. Relying on one coin is very dangerous because you do not have a backup plan. In every business it is very important that you look at all the possivle angles before making a decision.
Activity: 686
Merit: 502
January 26, 2018, 06:22:47 AM
Yes, I totally agree with you. Diversification of assets is necessary.
The crypto industry is growing at a high pace. There are many directions for investing.
New projects, Mining, Altcoins, Crypto market services.
Activity: 1004
Merit: 279
Payment Gateway Allows Recurring Payments
January 26, 2018, 06:19:25 AM
The best thing to do is divide your capital into parts as follows;

• 60% low volatility coins
  • 30% medium volatility coins
  • 10% high volatility coins

Low volatility coins such as BTC, LTC, ETH and XRP are roughly stable over longer periods, have lower potential for growth but are a safer investment. You can also put some money into more risky coins, in the hope that the growth outweighs the risk. Of course you should independently research each medium/high risk coin to see how much potential you/or the market believes it has.
Activity: 56
Merit: 2
January 26, 2018, 06:17:14 AM
Yes, I quite agree with you.
And I did what you said.
I invest half of my assets in bitcoins.
Half of it is invested in eth, and I think I have a great way of investing.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032
All I know is that I know nothing.
January 26, 2018, 06:12:54 AM

and just like stocks what you are suggesting here is this:
"when you invest in stocks you should diversify into penny stocks too if you want to reduce the risk".

do you see how it doesn't make any sense now?

that is the issue with altcoins, they are more like penny stocks market than a real market. and then if you consider the level of manipulate and pump and dump that is happening in altcoins you can realize that when you "diversify your money" it is best that your cart contains: bitcoin, stocks, gold,... instead of being: bitcoin, altcoin1, altcoin2, ... altcoin10,....
Activity: 518
Merit: 10
minter.network
January 26, 2018, 06:12:54 AM
Need in parallel to develop and invest in offline business.
Activity: 1596
Merit: 264
January 26, 2018, 06:12:01 AM
It is not always about the returns you will get from your investment. It is all about playing the stock market game where you don't focus on a single known and secured coin. Remember that in investment, it is not all about getting the profit from returns but also contributing to the success of the project because you know its goal and just take credit in the end after the success. There are hundreds of coins in the CoinMarket that are both scam and legit. It is quite a gamble to know which is either of the two, but it is better to allocate investments properly and learn each coins that will be invested at. Don't focus on the most known only, try to explore other coins that must be known.
copper member
Activity: 448
Merit: 110
January 26, 2018, 06:10:57 AM

if we distribute bitcoin to another altcoin is good at top 20 rank in coinmarket for sure we are less risk. Especially the newbie what they are buying does not know the value of the coin they just make them hyper groups. So Controversial Remember that your bitcoin is very dangerous if you invest in a different coin. Investigate before invest.
legendary
Activity: 2884
Merit: 1258
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
January 26, 2018, 06:07:13 AM
I agree with OP, we should diversify when investing our Bitcoin.  Putting it on one pot will only means 100% lose when the investment does not go well.  But when diversifying (putting your investment in different venture) you should know one rule, diversify only when you can manage it.   Meaning set a limit to the varieties of investment you will do.  Since we need to be updated and fully aware of all the movement of these ventures to have a successful one.
Activity: 112
Merit: 12
Aida Service
January 26, 2018, 06:03:27 AM
Yes this should be commom sense, diversifying the portfolio increases the chances of success and makes you not crack down if one of the coins fails miserably. I always advice my friends to invest like 50% of what they have on bitcoin or ethereum, 25% on couple top 20 coinmarketcap coins and then the last 25% on very cheap coins that have some chance on breaking out!
Activity: 7
January 26, 2018, 05:52:16 AM
Pages:
Jump to: