Pages:
Author

Topic: Don't let those spelling mistakes & poor grammar turn your post into a shitpost. - page 2. (Read 537 times)

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671
I doubt that even a post without any grammatical errors but has low in substance will still be counted as a meritable post. If you look at people who are not receiving merits their posts mostly contains off topic ideas which means even if they are grammatically correct they still won't receive anything. In order for you to even receive any merits in the first place you must always be on point is what you are saying as well as it needs to be relatable in the topic, remember substance is what being looked here not the spelling.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 10758
There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain
<…>
The majority of low/null value posts are so really due to their content, and no so much because of their grammar, with which one can be more belligerent providing the content is decent enough.

Of course it’s when both of these features collude on a post, and that is rather common, that it gets a shower of adverse qualifying adjectives which overspill onto the author, and get stuck to him/her/it for the times to come.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014
Well It isn't a must to write (speak english) like the queen of England but as far your readers can understand what you're saying then you're good.  J
Agree, its good enough. Problem starting when most often new users starting topic with half english half different language and you must guess what he wanted to say/ask etc.
This is really problematic but some people really can't yet communicate in english. Correcting grammar won't help there and this is biggest problem by me.

Hoewever (<-- D:), maybe it will aid some in stepping up their english skills? Smiley
vip
Activity: 490
Merit: 271
Great work JeromeTash,

Many newbies here don't know some basic way to make there post more grammar error-free, it's not every time the problems about the English vocabulary but sometimes there are many typing mistakes or simple grammar which makes an informative post look shady looking and hard to read. Your guide could help many of them to improve the posts with the help of online tool Grammarly and I think it is a very positive approach. Keep it up Wink
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1981
Marketing Campaign Manager |Telegram ID- @LT_Mouse
Grmmarly also do not ensure proper grammar. It is only useful for spelling correction. When it comes about gammar, grammarly provides poor grammar. I sometimes used it but now I do not use it anymore.
Activity: 168
Merit: 15
Future of Security Tokens
Grammarly is useful in correcting your use of grammar, and helps perfect that which you already have an idea of. To really expand your English vocabulary you would need to take learning classes, or regularly converse in English language.
Jet cash has a fit to talk program which is set up foe those who can not use the language efficiently.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1208
Heisenberg
There are a lot of crypto related words that come up as spelling errors on my browser.  Even crypto has an incorrect spelling marker underneath it.
Bitcointalk also comes up as a spelling error... those are the kind of words alongside so many crypto related jargons that you just ignore or add to your dictionary

I don't like Grammarly - even the name jars with me. Also, it's primarily American, and that is a colloquial subset of English.
Well, everyone certainly has there own preferences and dislikes, but if you like writing in British English, there is an Option for that too
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 2444
https://JetCash.com
I don't like Grammarly - even the name jars with me. Also, it's primarily American, and that is a colloquial subset of English.
copper member
Activity: 252
Merit: 6

Good effort OP.  Just hopping they take your advice because most of them never do.

And why is that? Because most of them are in the forum just for bounties and don't even care about the rest. There are some bounty hunters with real knowledge on the blockchain and what they are talking about but most of them sadly aren't. I see this on the telegram channels as well. There are some people asking for information on stakes calculation or bounty distribution with a Google Translate English level. Some of them even give out the details on their position on the Google spreadsheet and with a little research you can find out they do blog writing campaign in English, so I wonder: how go they write a 500 words article in perfect English?
You understand where I'm going with this

I'm sorry I got a little off topic  Grin Grin
Activity: 1218
Merit: 534
There are a lot of crypto related words that come up as spelling errors on my browser.  Even crypto has an incorrect spelling marker underneath it.
legendary
Heisenberg
Well, It isn't a must to write (speak english) like the queen of England but as far your readers can understand what you're saying then you're good.
I didn't say one has to write like the Queen. Am just pointing out how one can improve on their posts without much hustle. It's an alternatively and it's not rallying any other person's project here.
Hope you understand.

Quote from: Thread title
Don't let those spelling mistakes & poor grammar turn you* post into a shitpost. 

*your.

Wink
Thanks, Fixed.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737
"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."
Quote from: Thread title
Don't let those spelling mistakes & poor grammar turn you* post into a shitpost. 

*your.

Wink
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 4133
eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.
Some of the users here make good articles but one of the biggest let downs is the spelling mistakes and grammar which end up ruining an excellent article.
They can't be blamed because just like me, English is not their native language.

Well It isn't a must to write (speak english) like the queen of England but as far your readers can understand what you're saying then you're good.  Jet cash saw this problem then provided a solution through the Fit-to-talk project but those users english isn't their native language aren't taking the project seriously so it's all on them if their quality post turns into garbage because of their bad English. Many of them will still ignore this post just as they do to others.

Good effort OP.  Just hopping they take your advice this time because most of them never do.
legendary
Heisenberg
Some of the users here make good articles but one of the biggest let downs is the spelling mistakes and grammar which end up ruining an excellent article.
They can't be blamed because just like me, English is not their native language.

However, I did try to reduce on the challenge of grammar and spelling mistakes using an addon know as Grammarly. This addon is available on Firefox, Chrome, and Safari. Other Firefox and chromium based browser like Brave, Tor e.t.c should be able to install this addon without any challenge.
Even while using a free version of this addon, one can be able to make a very big difference in the posts one makes.

How to Install Grammarly.

• You can get it on your browser by visiting the official link: https://grammarly.com on a supported browser. You will be able to view a button to download it as shown below

Note: Avoid downloading directly from google searches or browser extension stores without carefully looking at the site to determine if it's the genuine link. This can save you from downloading fake web browser extensions that could compromise your security

• After downloading the extension, a green round button with a rounded arrow inside it should be visible in the extension bar, Click on it and sign up for a free account
    when you sign up, you will be able to;
    - Save your work and access it from any other computer
    - Save your personal dictionary
    - Choose the preferred sites you would love Grammarly to access

How to use Grammarly

• Once you have signed up and set it up, you can now start your post writing or commenting using the browser. As you write, green underlines will appear below each word that has a spelling error or a number of words that have grammatical issues and a green circle or sometimes just a dot will appear at the bottom right side of the text box showing the number of errors you have made so far.

You can either correct each mistake by hovering your mouse over the underlined area, Grammary will pop up a word or punctuation suggestion which you can click on and it gets instantly corrected

or you can just click on the green circle or dot to make all the corrections. An expanded window will appear. Click on the " ^ " symbol to see a detailed suggestion and click on the " x " symbol to ignore.

That is it,  with this you should be able to improve your article/post quality. It may not be 100% but it will be much better. Maybe 80% to 90% better quality than your initial article/post quality.
There is also a premium version but I think the free version should be enough unless one really wants to go further and pay for the premium.

Disclaimer:This is not any sort of advert for the Grammarly add-on. this post is just intended for educational purposes on how forum members can improve on their written english
Pages:
Jump to: