Pages:
Author

Topic: Don't lock your tokens away - page 4. (Read 423 times)

Activity: 2674
Merit: 696
Dimon69
March 04, 2022, 10:06:11 AM
I know we have determined newbies among us this days that have developed a strong holding (HODL) habit in themselves, I have an advice for you as a crypto holder and I hope you listen.

Do not hold your tokens for too long without looking back, I have lost some this way because later they move to main chain running on separate blockchain, imagine if you decide to check the progress of that project only in 2024 and you see that you've missed out on swapping your old tokens to the new coin..

Maybe you are pertaining on blockchain tokens that already migrate from testnet/initial blockchain to there mainnet but if you are holding blockchain tokens running on mainnet, You can still recover the new coin once the team decided to do a hard fork.

Can specify what is the exact token/coin you bought that you missed the swap. AFAIK, You can always contact the team to manually swap your token even though the swap period is over since they will mint the same amount of supply of the old token to the new blockchain so basically your unswapped token is just seating on team reserve.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 783
March 04, 2022, 09:56:19 AM
I know we have determined newbies among us this days that have developed a strong holding (HODL) habit in themselves, I have an advice for you as a crypto holder and I hope you listen.

Do not hold your tokens for too long without looking back, I have lost some this way because later they move to main chain running on separate blockchain, imagine if you decide to check the progress of that project only in 2024 and you see that you've missed out on swapping your old tokens to the new coin..
This is why we need to be active on the channels of the tokens we bought since over the years there are constant changes and token swap is mostly happen when the dev decide to update their project. So if you are inactive and miss this on the deadline set by devs then like what you encounter other will also suffer from this since your hodl money will get 0 value for holding to much and missing the updates.

Also don't hodl new tokens dump them and buy agaim we can either repeat this process or totally dump it then move to another better project which can give us huge profit again.

Activity: 208
Merit: 10
March 04, 2022, 09:40:19 AM

Pages:
Jump to: