Pages:
Author

Topic: DON'T mine to Antpool -- KYC imposed. - page 2. (Read 590 times)

copper member
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
October 07, 2023, 05:05:18 PM
KYC for hardware mining... that's cRAzY!!!

I like the BTC,com Pool and ViaBTC,com pool.   I've mined on others too and even a Hathor merged mining pool called Zulupool (which is not bad when there's other hashrate on there aside from your own).
Activity: 854
Merit: 772
Watch Bitcoin Documentary - https://t.ly/v0Nim
October 07, 2023, 04:40:13 AM
There is no official statement about KYC requirement but even if that was not the case, why should one joint Antpool?

• It's already the biggest network, so, for decentralization purposes, it's better to join other pools.
  • Bitmain is a company that's against Bitcoin and they tried to promote their own fork, called Bitcoin Cash and were regularly misinforming everyone.
  • It doesn't share the collected mining fees to miners, so, all mining reward goes in their wallets

Aren't these reasons enough?

Nice find. Makes sense they would do it. Yeah I am all about kyc as I am in the states and we are subject to taxes.
Do you wanna stay in the states or haven't you thought about moving in other countries where life is cheap, crime is low and electricity is super cheap for bitcoin miners? If you are a big miner, I think you can do that. One of my friend successfully did that.
Activity: 504
Merit: 1065
Crypto Swap Exchange
October 07, 2023, 03:52:32 AM
Thanks for this interesting topic mikeywith, I don't like Antpool and haven't mined with them for a long time, so I wasn't even aware of this  Shocked. I think I have some dust too, I will do the same test on my side.

I don't understand why they're getting into this? Why would they?
They don't need to be regulated on most markets as a mining pool, so why take the initiative of making it mandatory only for them?
Are the dollars of our personal data the reason?
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
October 06, 2023, 11:05:52 PM
Nice find. Makes sense they would do it. Yeah I am all about kyc as I am in the states and we are subject to taxes.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 6279
be constructive or S.T.F.U
October 06, 2023, 10:45:21 PM
So it's been a while since I visited my antpool page, and I found a bold warning saying "You have to KYC to use the mining pool", I tried to do some research on when all of this took place but found nothing on google, but it seems that this took place around July according to their telegram group.

Also according to their support on telegram they clearly stated

"Users need to pass the KYC before they can start mining."

Here is an image of that for future reference

Obviously, the above is a lie, because I just pointed a few miners to Antpool and I can see earnings accumulating, so they do allow me to mine there without KYC, the question now is, will they let me withdraw my BTC? I got some dust on the pool so it will take only a few hours to get to the minimum payout, there is a good chance I never get the payout but I want to test this so I can give you the answer with some evidence.

Meanwhile, if you are using Antpool, do yourself a favor and stop NOW.

Pages:
Jump to: