Pages:
Author

Topic: Don't spend bitcoin. Not now. - page 2. (Read 3809 times)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0
February 24, 2020, 05:21:23 AM
Bitcoin was not made to spend. Not for now.

Do not spend your Bitcoins. Not now.

First thing i see the title my mind become dumbstruck i thought it was something that was shocking
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1655
To the Moon
February 24, 2020, 04:49:32 AM
It seems to me that it makes sense to just keep bitcoin for now. The market should go up, so it’s more rational to store bitcoins before they grow, and only then you can do something with them

If you use bitcoin as a long-term investment, then you must have funds that will allow you to cover your daily expenses. But if for you, earning in cryptocurrency is the main source of income, then you will have to spend bitcoin, regardless of its current price.
Activity: 1456
Merit: 267
Buy $BGL before it's too late!
February 24, 2020, 02:26:30 AM
I am also not spending much of my bitcoins now and the real reason is because I am saving my bitcoin to the time when bitcoin price will go the moon again just like 2017. I want to earn more and more while it is still down. I am looking forward to what I will be earning in the future. Here in the PH, we are lucky enough that there are already people who accepts bitcoin, in cash bitcoin in a convenient store, or even in money transfers. It is kinda more like, many people are becoming aware in the existence of bitcoin but the sad thing is not all of them truly understand bitcoin/crypto.

by spending bitcoin when prices start for a bullish trend, it is very unfortunate, because they miss the opportunity to get more profit, except for those who trade, where they sell to buy back when the price correction occurs. but for long-term investment, of course, the current time is not right if we sell it all
It's not possible to those who don't know how things works with this market, Many holders spend their coins in inappropriate ways missing opportunities to gained from this business, having a good knowledge to make your investment profitable only works to people who knows how to play with every market movements.
Activity: 10
February 23, 2020, 07:38:43 PM
I think it’s reasonable not to spend bitcoin now. In any case, if we hold Bitcoin, we secure our future, since the price in any case should rise in the near future. Therefore, the one who sells bitcoin or spends it on something is at greater risk.
Activity: 229
Merit: 108
February 23, 2020, 07:14:59 PM
Bitcoin was not made to spend. Not for now. There is a misinterpretation of what Satoshi wrote in the Whitepaper: "A peer-to-peer eletronic cash system". He created bitcoin to be an electronic money system. This is a fact.

Before becoming a monetary system, Bitcoin must be able to preserve value over time. After that, he becomes able to earn society's trust and become a genuine cash.

People accept dollars because they believe that money is still backed by gold (as it was until the end of Bretton Woods), or because (unfortunately) they believe the government will guarantee the value of the currency.

That is, people believe in Dollar because they are sure that money will be at the same value tomorrow. Although this is not true.

99% of the world's population still does not understand, do not know and do not trust Bitcoin. And everything is fine. Bitcoin adoption is a lengthy process that may take decades or centuries to happen.

Bitcoin has never been about just being a simple means of payment. It is not like VISA or Mastercard. He is a legitimate Digital Asset and as such needs to earn trust until it is adopted as money.

I believe this has a point. We should take bitcoin as an asset and not a currency for now because it has a value that can give us return as time goes by. As we all know it is new and we are not sure how it goes that is why it is very risky, however if it becomes something and we have bitcoin invested then it is good for us even we take the risk. So the point is that if you have some extra money you can try to invest it to bitcoin and just hold it for a long time
Activity: 353
Merit: 12
February 23, 2020, 06:34:00 PM
Bitcoin was not made to spend. Not for now. There is a misinterpretation of what Satoshi wrote in the Whitepaper: "A peer-to-peer eletronic cash system". He created bitcoin to be an electronic money system. This is a fact.

Before becoming a monetary system, Bitcoin must be able to preserve value over time. After that, he becomes able to earn society's trust and become a genuine cash.

People accept dollars because they believe that money is still backed by gold (as it was until the end of Bretton Woods), or because (unfortunately) they believe the government will guarantee the value of the currency.

That is, people believe in Dollar because they are sure that money will be at the same value tomorrow. Although this is not true.

99% of the world's population still does not understand, do not know and do not trust Bitcoin. And everything is fine. Bitcoin adoption is a lengthy process that may take decades or centuries to happen.

Bitcoin has never been about just being a simple means of payment. It is not like VISA or Mastercard. He is a legitimate Digital Asset and as such needs to earn trust until it is adopted as money.

On the other hand we cannot give people a false hope that someday if they invest in bitcoin it will surely give you a return. We are not sure about the future of crypto so it os very risky to invest on it however, yes it is possible to invest on it if you have other investment out there but if none dont ever do it. I prefer to start  first in traditional investing like in real estate or stockmarket if you are new to investing.
Activity: 1442
Merit: 116
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
February 23, 2020, 01:00:20 PM
I am also not spending much of my bitcoins now and the real reason is because I am saving my bitcoin to the time when bitcoin price will go the moon again just like 2017. I want to earn more and more while it is still down. I am looking forward to what I will be earning in the future. Here in the PH, we are lucky enough that there are already people who accepts bitcoin, in cash bitcoin in a convenient store, or even in money transfers. It is kinda more like, many people are becoming aware in the existence of bitcoin but the sad thing is not all of them truly understand bitcoin/crypto.

by spending bitcoin when prices start for a bullish trend, it is very unfortunate, because they miss the opportunity to get more profit, except for those who trade, where they sell to buy back when the price correction occurs. but for long-term investment, of course, the current time is not right if we sell it all
copper member
Activity: 546
Merit: 1
February 23, 2020, 12:09:33 PM
More adoption of bitcoin will only emerge when it's usage is being utilized by people which is the transactions of payments. We can't keep preaching to people without having an already well structured system that makes use of bitcoin by people themselves. Hodling bitcoin is rather an opinion of an individual not for the general importance of bitcoin. By the time most of the traditional system starts accepting bitcoin transactions, then more people will be exposed to its usage.
Activity: 644
Merit: 252
February 23, 2020, 09:53:20 AM
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
February 11, 2020, 11:05:38 AM
Bitcoin won't be world currency until it is usable for anyone.
At this point it is handy for traders/investors and quite useful for countries, but it is worthless for regular person since you can't buy a coffee with it

Well.. that 's true. Even in Bitcoin markets such as Bitify, the prices are being pegged in fiat currency. Even if you are paying in BTC or any other crypto, the final cost of the product is fixed in fiat. Also, in most of the online markets, payments in Bitcoin are being immediately converted to fiat before it is deposited in the account of the seller. So you are right. We have a long way to go.
Activity: 31
February 11, 2020, 07:20:35 AM
This is absurd reasoning , bitcoin was created to show the application of Blockchain and revolutionise digital money as it become decentralised rather than what we currently have. It is true that we should focus more on increasing btc quantity rather just using for daily purpose but it is also its plus point that bitcoin is becoming widely popular as virtual gold asset with ability to use as general digital currency.
Are you suggesting that it's not time for Bitcoin to become a world currency? If your statement is like that then it's very disappointing for a community. we know that Bitcoin has been running for 10 years, and everything still looks good, even countries also see bitcoin as a currency, we should make it happen
Bitcoin won't be world currency until it is usable for anyone.
At this point it is handy for traders/investors and quite useful for countries, but it is worthless for regular person since you can't buy a coffee with it
Activity: 2128
Merit: 520
February 11, 2020, 02:51:05 AM
It seems to me that it makes sense to just keep bitcoin for now. The market should go up, so it’s more rational to store bitcoins before they grow, and only then you can do something with them
why does it make sense? the price has gone up to $ 10k it looks like this is a signal to sell, I've sold it at $ 10k, and now the price is 9800, maybe this correction will determine the direction of bitcoin again
Taking advantage with this short fluctuation will give good value to your investment, it follows the basic rules of buying low and selling high. If you can compensate with your strategy then it's also good to spend it while trying to buy it back with a much cheaper value. Be very careful with this style of
trading as you can be left behind or make your position in the bad timing.
Activity: 1110
Merit: 104
The OGz Club
February 10, 2020, 02:25:02 PM
why does it make sense? the price has gone up to $ 10k it looks like this is a signal to sell, I've sold it at $ 10k, and now the price is 9800, maybe this correction will determine the direction of bitcoin again
Activity: 253
Merit: 11
February 10, 2020, 09:14:29 AM
Activity: 122
Merit: 1
February 10, 2020, 08:30:04 AM
If your proposed ideology were to be followed, then it practically means that there shouldnt be bitcoin trading as well even on exchanges, so how does it gain value?
Imagine if it takes 100 years to get to the stage you are talking about, then who will spend your bitcoin for you?
I guess your grandchildren haha!
Activity: 10
February 10, 2020, 05:42:22 AM
I agree, Bitcoin is not a cryptocurrency imo, its a cryptoinvestment.
its like gold. you hold it to have an investment. you could go buy something with gold (some stores should accept it), but not many people would do it because the value could be higher a few days later.

so, cryptoinvestment, not cryptocurrency imo
Activity: 1666
Merit: 267
Earn bitcoins every hour, link below at signature.
February 10, 2020, 12:23:09 AM

You cannot better predict the future of any type of investments, this is not unique or fault related only to Bitcoin. So do not consider it as a weakness or disadvantage of crypto market. Measure the level of risk your investment offer you this will enable you to better deal with every type of situation. The investment in Bitcoin will surely give you long term benefits and you should be very confident even if you have invested a single coin.
investing in Bitcoin is high risk, but there are also many benefits, like people say High Risk High Lose,
but if you are brave, then invest it, Bitcoin is still seen as a viable instrument, so don't worry

The one advantage these days is that bitcoin is still bullish, and it will continue for the next years because of the high demand, satoshis will become more valuable, we are still in good time to collect as many sats as we can.

At some point, new buyers (average medium-class workers)  of BTC will see sats as a common thing to own sats instead of a whole BTC.
Activity: 952
Merit: 251
February 03, 2020, 04:28:16 PM
This is best time to collect the Bitcoin,If who spending the Bitcoin now at the end will realize that did big mistake.Bitcoin is game changer and it is possible the price of Bitcoin may reach a million said by crypto enthusiasts.
Bitcoin deserved to hold for long term to gain maximum,I suggest just believe in Bitcoin and hold never believe in rumors fake news,Most excited things going to happen in Bitcoin history.
Once you have entered in the market and you want to make huge investments, the very first thing you should attain is the knowledge about it and the more knowledge you gain, more confident you will become. And you should be confident about your every step and your all strategies. Your confident and believe will be reflected in your good and hard work that will give you benefits.
This market is very volatile and quite unpredictable.
I don't know what knowledge do you gain, but no one literally in the world doesn't know what's going to happen on crypto market the next day or year or decade.
It is random and you better be confident otherwise you will tear out all hair on your head.
You cannot better predict the future of any type of investments, this is not unique or fault related only to Bitcoin. So do not consider it as a weakness or disadvantage of crypto market. Measure the level of risk your investment offer you this will enable you to better deal with every type of situation. The investment in Bitcoin will surely give you long term benefits and you should be very confident even if you have invested a single coin.
crypto is not having any certainty about fall or growth because crypto is about demand and supply so the more you make demand high the more you will get benefit. Its matter of time that tells you if you should sell your coins or not. right now it's time to keep holding and waiting as crypto yet did not announce the fully bullish market so better keep waiting.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
February 03, 2020, 01:02:03 PM
Your analysis is not correct. You are advising not to spend bitcoin until its widely accepted like USD. Bitcoin acceptability is here already that is why we can sell it and get fiat or crypto in return. Spending bitcoin will make it more popular and speed up it mass adoption.

There are a lot of ways to popularize Bitcoin and I don't think that "spending" is one of those methods. Let me explain a bit. As of now, Bitcoin is used mostly as a speculative investment asset. Very few people are purchasing Bitcoin, so that they could use it for making payments. Also, an increase in spending can have a negative impact on the exchange rates of Bitcoin and this can actually have a negative impact on its global adoption. You can spend your coins if you want, and no one is going to stop you. But at the same time, my personal opinion is that we are a few years away from a new ATH and it will be better to have some patience with our BTC holdings.
Activity: 1386
Merit: 101
ComboLabs
February 03, 2020, 12:09:16 PM
This is absurd reasoning , bitcoin was created to show the application of Blockchain and revolutionise digital money as it become decentralised rather than what we currently have. It is true that we should focus more on increasing btc quantity rather just using for daily purpose but it is also its plus point that bitcoin is becoming widely popular as virtual gold asset with ability to use as general digital currency.
Are you suggesting that it's not time for Bitcoin to become a world currency? If your statement is like that then it's very disappointing for a community. we know that Bitcoin has been running for 10 years, and everything still looks good, even countries also see bitcoin as a currency, we should make it happen
Pages:
Jump to: