Pages:
Author

Topic: Dorian's legal statement regarding Newsweek report of being Satoshi - page 2. (Read 2840 times)

Activity: 222
Merit: 101
Out of curiosity, if he's lying about not being involved (hypothetically speaking), are there any legal repercussions for him making a public statement that is completely deceptive?

I asked myself that same thing! I'm not a lawyer but I don't think there can be any legal repercussion.

To get in trouble for blatantly lying in public, when not under oath, it has to affect someone else directly. So, for example, you can't commit libel/slander which is defamation of someone (actually might apply to Newsweek against Dorian).
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011
Reverse engineer from time to time
Air Traffic Control programmer, so he has the skills.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
In a way, the Blockchain is like a train that keeps adding cars, each one filled with a set of transactions.

Not saying Dorian invented it (I'm on the fence), but thinking about model trains has helped me imagine how someone might approach inventing something like the Blockchain.

Out of curiosity, if he's lying about not being involved (hypothetically speaking), are there any legal repercussions for him making a public statement that is completely deceptive?

Seems like someone could deny something without technically breaking the law, so I'm not convinced by the legal letter, by itself, although some of the other arguments showing why he's not the guy (like Mike Hearn's post) are very convincing.

Also, everyone seems to assume that it's a binary question, that Dorian either WAS or WASN'T Satoshi, but it seems very possible to me that SN was a cadre of people working on the issue, and Dorian was just one member of a team of people.

Personally, if I was the guy who invented it, I'd very much like to have someone else write the paper!
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1204
The revolution will be digital
Newsweek has responded...

Newsweek has not received any statement or letter from either Mr. Nakamoto or his legal counsel. If and when we do, we will respond as necessary.

Source: https://twitter.com/Newsweek/status/445606231479025665
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Sorry for not going by the trend of denying Dorian to be Satoshi. Me too is a supporter of Satoshi staying anonymous. But a Q is haunting me...

Dorian claims he had to cut off internet for financial condition. But then, how did he continue his train collecting passion, where he has to import it from different country ?
Public libraries, places with free wifi, internet cafes, ...

Plenty of options that are cheaper for occasional internet access than having a fixed line.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1204
The revolution will be digital
Sorry for not going by the trend of denying Dorian to be Satoshi. Me too is a supporter of Satoshi staying anonymous. But a Q is haunting me...

Dorian claims he had to cut off internet for financial condition. But then, how did he continue his train collecting passion, where he has to import it from different country ?
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
That was really sucks what newsweek done with this poor guy, i hope they gonna give him some recompensation and clear he's name etc.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
I think it's time the very thing that has caused disruption in this mans life should come full circle and help him. If we could setup or arrange a legitimate btc account for this guy, would be nice if the community would throw a bunch of btc at him for his troubles. I know I would.

You mean the fundraiser by Andreas M. Antonopolous that has already gathered 46 BTC?

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1ztjmg/andreas_im_fundraising_for_dorian_nakamoto/
Activity: 100
Merit: 10
I think it's time the very thing that has caused disruption in this mans life should come full circle and help him. If we could setup or arrange a legitimate btc account for this guy, would be nice if the community would throw a bunch of btc at him for his troubles. I know I would.
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
It is really bad to affect his family.  Angry
Activity: 329
Merit: 251

Source: http://techcrunch.com/2014/03/17/dorian-satoshi-nakamoto-denies-having-created-bitcoin-says-hes-not-been-coding-for-over-a-decade/

_______________________________________________________________________________ _____________
www.CoinLearn.org - Learn and Earn Free Bitcoins
Pages:
Jump to: