Pages:
Author

Topic: Downsides to crypto - page 6. (Read 3247 times)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0
October 10, 2018, 09:28:57 AM
bitcoin's most downside is transactions cappacity. something like 50 or less txs per second is a joke i think.
e: always when i sent some BTC to other address i had a problem that nobody found any block for 30-40 minutes.
Activity: 714
Merit: 114
October 10, 2018, 09:14:01 AM
If cryptocurrencies remain as volatile as they are now, this could have a negative impact on the economies of countries.

Negative impact ? I dont see it . crypto volatility doesnt have a conection to the economy of a country .

What i already know is that cryptocurrency is verry helpful to the people and also the economy of a country because it provides a career or jobs to everyone .

If there are downside of using a crypto then that is it cannot be used without internet or electricity because as of now cryptocurrency do mainly work online .
Activity: 485
Merit: 250
October 10, 2018, 09:06:26 AM
If cryptocurrencies remain as volatile as they are now, this could have a negative impact on the economies of countries.
Activity: 140
Merit: 1
October 09, 2018, 02:55:16 PM
Bitcoin has already become an international currency, it is used by a huge number of people around the world and I do not see any drawbacks. The only possible problem is scaling!
Activity: 616
Merit: 108
io.ezystayz.com
October 09, 2018, 12:59:18 PM
The biggest problem of crypto is that you can easily lose your coins. Like forgetting your key, getting scammed and sending to the wrong address. If you have one of these problem than it is difficult to get your coins back. You cannot contact someone and ask them to stop the transaction/refund, if you had a bank account then it would be possible.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 256
October 09, 2018, 11:12:11 AM
Crypto market is high volatility from another stock exchange this is big downsides in my opinion. All transaction is hidden so there are no legal sources. Money laundering can be possible in crypto and we are got many news this type. Government is not giving consent to legalize it.
therefore, with the many who purify state money, the government is still very difficult to legalize crypto because it is hidden and cannot be seen by me other than the owner
Activity: 657
Merit: 100
October 09, 2018, 11:00:23 AM
Crypto market is high volatility from another stock exchange this is big downsides in my opinion. All transaction is hidden so there are no legal sources. Money laundering can be possible in crypto and we are got many news this type. Government is not giving consent to legalize it.
Activity: 112
October 09, 2018, 10:25:31 AM
According to my oopinion, each country has its own economy and its currency, confirmed by a gold reserve. Digital money can’t become a single world currency, because they are decentralized in the world
Activity: 442
Merit: 101
October 09, 2018, 10:20:28 AM
I think the biggest disadvantage of bitcoin before it becomes the official currency of the world is that the value of bitcoin is constantly fluctuating. I think if bitcoin prices constantly change this will make the bitcoin payments unstable. Whales who hold the most bitcoin will create price fluctuations so that they can bring in profits for them
Activity: 672
October 09, 2018, 10:15:33 AM
The downside of cryptocurrency is the price instability and it's easily manipulated by people who own them in large numbers. But this is also the advantage of Cryptocurrency that every investor interested in taking advantage of this will quickly earn a profit.
copper member
Activity: 840
Merit: 114
October 09, 2018, 10:08:00 AM
It's hard for Bitcoin to become the official currency of one country, much less to be a global currency. And of course, like everything in the world, which is always imperfect, Bitcoin has some drawbacks. The Bitcoin system could contain unexploited flaws. As this is a fairly new system, if Bitcoins were adopted widely, and a flaw was found, it could give tremendous wealth to the exploiter at the expense of destroying the Bitcoin economy.
cryptocurrency does have many weaknesses, but we must be able to deal with it patiently and hard work, if we want to always get a profit. an example of crypto's weakness, it has unstable values, money laundering tools, and so on
Activity: 719
Merit: 250
October 09, 2018, 10:01:00 AM
Downsides of crypto among many includes price volatility some caused by market manipulations something that does not happen with any fiat currency. Plus the governmental issues.
This one can be a downside the volatility of the price that it may down and up. And other crypto can be use in illegal activities. Exactly these are the downside to crypto but still can be use by many and cannot be the main currency.
Activity: 644
Merit: 117
swing!
October 09, 2018, 09:38:39 AM
There's no need to, as you the market is now striking for adoption, thats where cryptocurrency could sustain good value and grow as investments, downsides of crypto are pretty obvious, its volatile and might lose all your money if it fails. No government would go easy on bitcoin as there's so much to gain with a growing instrument, as investors you either look long or just play along with market trends for profits.
Activity: 56
October 09, 2018, 08:43:49 AM
It's hard for Bitcoin to become the official currency of one country, much less to be a global currency. And of course, like everything in the world, which is always imperfect, Bitcoin has some drawbacks. The Bitcoin system could contain unexploited flaws. As this is a fairly new system, if Bitcoins were adopted widely, and a flaw was found, it could give tremendous wealth to the exploiter at the expense of destroying the Bitcoin economy.
Activity: 140
October 09, 2018, 08:13:46 AM
I think Digital money cannot be the single currency of the world, because it is decentralized, which is not controlled by anyone. But crypto currencies can remain a means of payment for some services or goods,
Activity: 123
October 09, 2018, 05:00:14 AM
don't you think the main downside is there are no regulations? I think there's a long way to go before we put all our eggs into one basket and withdraw all our savings from a bank!
Activity: 728
Merit: 11
https://streamies.io/
October 08, 2018, 10:27:48 PM
If and when cryptocurrency and/or bitcoin becomes the official currency of the world, do you think there will be a downside to it? If so, what do you think the negative effect will be once cryptocurrency becomes a worldwide currency?
I think now is not the time to discuss this. Because the beautiful future of Bitcoin is far away. We need to tackle more serious issues such as fraud, lack of stability, and consistency in market manipulation. If those problems are solved in the best way, let's discuss this distant issue.
Activity: 546
October 08, 2018, 10:15:20 PM
Basically bitcoin is the media which's more appropriate and can comply, with various aspects of banking and finance rather than currencies supported by central banks, especially for those who don't have bank accounts and small-scale international trade players. On the other hand, bitcoin's able to combine the principles of social benefits, positive externalities and we can also make it as opposed to the risk of shifting values. The presence of  Negative Effects will usually be found as time goes by.
Still possibility of making crypto currency particularly bitcoin as the universal currency because every nations will protect its own currency since it will determine the status of every country, but still I believe that somewhere in the future it will happen when blockchain dominate the entire digital technology.
Activity: 406
Merit: 19
October 08, 2018, 09:14:59 PM
Basically bitcoin is the media which's more appropriate and can comply, with various aspects of banking and finance rather than currencies supported by central banks, especially for those who don't have bank accounts and small-scale international trade players. On the other hand, bitcoin's able to combine the principles of social benefits, positive externalities and we can also make it as opposed to the risk of shifting values. The presence of  Negative Effects will usually be found as time goes by.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
October 08, 2018, 08:03:47 PM
For me bitcoin is one of the most and top crypto that can lead the crypto to be known all over the world but bitcoin price is not that stable it can go up so high and then it can go down very low. Not like gold or fiat there price are stable and that like bitcoin can pump or dump price. And your bitcoin can hack anytime if careless.
Yes. You can lost all your bitcoins even with a single wrong decision.Once bitcoin will be accepted as a legal currency worldwide,it will be of high popularity and has high chances that people will not patronize fiat currency in the long run.So this  will make a threat to the government knowing they can't controlled bitcoin because of its decentralized nature.
Pages:
Jump to: