Pages:
Author

Topic: [DTC] Datacoin - Brainstorming Giveaway - Get coins for sharing ideas! - page 5. (Read 9159 times)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0
DSBmgkbWhtH4EssRXTh3FNcwGDd5411DDP      3q
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
In all cryptocoin clients I miss a easy method to store my wallet.dat file (or better all wallet.dat files) in another path by default, which I want to encrypt (e.g. using truecrypt).

I miss an easy method to use the (windows) client as a portable one on an usb-stick using the interface.

DSR8XK45z2mABbMbQddhwEpXGLEJErWVGx
Activity: 531
Merit: 500
AMD | Mining | NVIDIA
DNNgm2RMax9RKc1ChjuBbSfUxcGcbh1LZW

Thanks!
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
DTC unofficial team
Launched IRC for datacoin on https://webchat.freenode.net  , channel #datacoin
Activity: 25
DRYR1iirjjhQXPRP3EMDu5XTT5yALtGDBM

Thanks
Activity: 966
DT3i1eWd13cY5pJuNE1gt1ZXhtrWRrQBQ2

Tks mate.... Wink
Activity: 73
Merit: 10
I'd really like to see a Datacoin homepage with stats, just basic info like total hash power, current block #, etc.
As well as a forum specific to the coin and any relevant links, like if it happens to get picked up by any alt coin trading sites.
Suggestion for logo, maybe based around the 'lock', like an https lock kind of logo. Or I was thinking the old traditional floppy symbol, but I don't like actually like that much =)
Thoughts?

DNoWxZw3kXLJdVD9vNgmjVi5KoV56xuzqi
Thanks

Activity: 95
Nothing
DGHDmfgFiZuoH7K5LmDRxds1sH2y7Puyon

thank u

I think,current the most important thing is have a market to trade dtc
Activity: 60
when can trade?

I feel like trading is the least valuable part of this concept. =p

haha, I can't decide if that makes it worthless or valuable. People might be willing to pay quite a bit to store their data irrevocably and forever in an unchangeable public record.

I can imagine a future where all births, deaths, property sales, etc, etc are recorded in such a decentralized way. In this case it costs small amounts of the coin to do so, hence the value is there in principle at least Smiley

I definitely agree - I was more so referring to the fact that it seemed like everyone knows coins can be traded and have value and so that post was a little silly in the context of this thread which is about useful and interesting ideas. Smiley

Man, imagine if Edward Snowden uploaded everything to a blockchain and we all had NSA secrets in our computers. =p That would've been clever.
Activity: 350
DTC unofficial team
I sent additional 5 DTC to everyone who presented an interesting idea here  Smiley Please post more ideas - I'll give another 5 DTC (in addition to MessyCoin)
And yes, we need a logo!
Activity: 458
when can trade?

haha, I can't decide if that makes it worthless or valuable. People might be willing to pay quite a bit to store their data irrevocably and forever in an unchangeable public record.

I can imagine a future where all births, deaths, property sales, etc, etc are recorded in such a decentralized way. In this case it costs small amounts of the coin to do so, hence the value is there in principle at least Smiley
Activity: 31
could you make a cool logo for this
D9UvcL18jpEjCRcqhDgmtdiSe4MH41snkp
Activity: 406
Been mining primecoin for most of the week on my lil cpu ... got 2 blocks ... very much am interested in cpu / mem intensive coins especially with useful / interesting application like this

DU6LcPcbbDEj3xyMkJgWsM3EnnHt7bp8og  Smiley Smiley Smiley
Activity: 60
when can trade?

Activity: 462
Merit: 251
when can trade?

DLaLbr2o2CFcVd2sPihTsSeEVWzSZYKAax
Activity: 11
Some sort of exchange/trading feature (with other wallets) thats actually embedded into the wallet would be pretty cool. Or perhaps a feature like Neocoin, that has the current blockchain and stats on the wallet overview page would be pretty cool too.

D6DXiGbxAKcKmqEYtwsoN7npHVtRzbSUvm Thanks Cheesy

Edit: Block chain and stats meaning a display
Activity: 458
Great ideas, even though it's NOT a bottomless 'dropbox' type thing that can hold unlimited data (I think the developer specified a maximum of 500gig/year - and that's a lot required, especially when adding up the cost of being replicated on many Hard Drives). Certainly wouldn't want to store a library of DVDs in it Smiley But perhaps you could store a 'hash' of a library of DVD's.. kind of like a MD5/SHA checksum? Not storing the data itself but still proof of its 'state' at a certain time.

In any case, the peace of mind your snippet of data was replicated on thousands of machines could be very valuable. You could even hypothetically store your encrypted bitcoin savings wallet in it so you'd never lose it Smiley And yes, I can imagine different versions of the idea being applied for different purposes/projects (much of which I am sure has been discussed before in relation to the bitcoin blockchain). Maybe separate blockchains for separate projects/repositories.. etc

I'll be curious to see if the currency aspect of Datacoin might ever help to balance the cost of such a large blockchain, and if that would ever make it worthwhile for the miners.
Activity: 53
DBNrjX7xxAXQRRAyu44KQw1s6ukHDhXc7d thank you!
Activity: 481
Merit: 252
Email Cryptsy and ask for a listing.
See if we can add a transaction to process BOINC work units
Add the messaging feature Gavin is preparing for Bitcoin: relay OP_RETURN TxOut
Compress the data

Get people to pay for downloads as well, so that you have a properly funded Wikipedia/media repository.

D6uEqWnEbo3WrX6nrEz8tCLN2YZgCwb4Nd

Thanks
Activity: 249
I think one interesting application would be storing encrypted data that you want to make publicly available at a later date.
You could send an encrypted version of your data into the network and then at a later date upload the key and maybe a reference to the encrypted data.
You can obviously do this already with torrents or just web servers, but I think datacoin is a better fit because the data is guaranteed to stay there and can be referenced easily from outside.

Yeah, nice. Something like Datacoin could have applications in artistic copyright registrations, scientific research perhaps or anything where you wanted to prove you had prior knowledge of something Smiley

I didn't even think of copyright and research! That's a great idea!
You could upload your work encrypted in realtime as you work on it, and then make it available whenever you needed to.
I think in regard to patents, whether something is in the public domain is a big issue, it would be interesting to know whether data publicly available but in an encrypted state would be considered to be in the public domain or not.
Pages:
Jump to: