Pages:
Author

Topic: Dummy Plugs - page 2. (Read 7702 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Bitbuy
April 17, 2013, 09:17:31 AM
You don't need the dummy plugs. It's actually complaining that there are _more_ displays attached. Depending on which protocol/program you use to remotely control the PC, sometimes the remote session can be seen as an "extra display", hence giving you that error. Try starting CGminer without a remote session (by physically operating the computer) and see if the error disappears (with only 1 monitor connected). Good luck!
legendary
Activity: 3582
Merit: 1094
Think for yourself
April 17, 2013, 05:50:57 AM
Sounds good.

So, are you still getting this error?

>> ADL found less devices than opencl
>> There is possibly more than one display attached to a gpu

Have you tried the dummy plug(s) yet?  If so please post some feedback to let us know one way or the other.
Sam

Yeah I'm still getting the error :/ I'm definitely gonna try dummy plugs because I think this error is stopping me from using afterburner as well. It just doesn't seem to detect the gpu's. Not really sure how to make one. Do I just need 1 75 ohm resistor for each card?

You need 3 for each one.  Here is a tutorial

http://www.overclock.net/t/384733/the-30-second-dummy-plug

Sam
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
April 17, 2013, 05:43:15 AM
Sounds good.

Have you tried the dummy plug(s) yet?  If so please post some feedback to let us know one way or the other.
Sam

Yeah I'm still getting the error :/ I'm definitely gonna try dummy plugs because I think this error is stopping me from using afterburner as well. It just doesn't seem to detect the gpu's. Not really sure how to make one. Do I just need 1 75 ohm resistor for each card?
legendary
Think for yourself
April 17, 2013, 05:39:13 AM
Trying to use RDP to monitor a rig causes problems.  On my machines it crash's the GPU's altogether.  Your lucky that it only stops ADL.

I have heard Teamviewer, VNC and TinyVNC are all good alternatives.  I'm a fan of dummy plugs too.
Sam

Sorry I should have clarified, I'm not really using RDP anymore, since teamviewer is more user friendly. I'm also using something called CoRD for when I want to connect to it from my mac. No problems with it so far.

Sounds good.

Sam
April 17, 2013, 02:18:19 AM
Trying to use RDP to monitor a rig causes problems.  On my machines it crash's the GPU's altogether.  Your lucky that it only stops ADL.

I have heard Teamviewer, VNC and TinyVNC are all good alternatives.  I'm a fan of dummy plugs too.
Sam

Sorry I should have clarified, I'm not really using RDP anymore, since teamviewer is more user friendly. I'm also using something called CoRD for when I want to connect to it from my mac. No problems with it so far.
legendary
Think for yourself
April 16, 2013, 07:05:24 PM

Sam
April 16, 2013, 05:02:48 PM
Ye, I would try a dummy on the GPU's not running a monitor.  It seems some people have to run dummies and others don't.  Sometimes dummies help Hash a bit I've people say too. 

For me, I have not yet needed a dummy (2 gpu) and both mine; however windows does not recognize the 2nd GPU without the dummy.  So, I assume this is where some issues arise without one.
Ok cheers for the info. Although it's weird, windows detects all three gpus, and cgminer mines with all 3, just no temp monitoring :/
So I'm not sure I completely understand. I might only need one dummy plug, but I could need one for each gpu?
Activity: 238
April 16, 2013, 04:49:02 PM
Ye, I would try a dummy on the GPU's not running a monitor.  It seems some people have to run dummies and others don't.  Sometimes dummies help Hash a bit I've people say too. 

For me, I have not yet needed a dummy (2 gpu) and both mine; however windows does not recognize the 2nd GPU without the dummy.  So, I assume this is where some issues arise without one.
April 16, 2013, 03:48:40 PM
Just need to clarify something.
I'm getting this error when I run my cgminer:
ADL found less devices than opencl
There is possibly more than one display attached to a gpu
I'm pretty sure this error is causing cgminer to not show any temp/overclocking monitoring (which kind of sucks :/ )
So am I right i thinking that to get rid of this error all I need to do is make a dummy plug and stick it in the back of one of my gpu's? Or do I need three dummy plugs, one for each of my gpus?

By the way, I access my miner through remote desktop.
Oh, and yesterday for some reason whilst I was accessing it through team viewer on my phone, the temp monitoring came back for about an hour. And now its gone again Sad
Cheers guys
-redmist

Pages:
Jump to: