Pages:
Author

Topic: Dummy plugs do not fit into R9 290 - page 2. (Read 7000 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
November 16, 2013, 12:45:17 AM
I just received a R9 290 card that I want to use in a scrypt mining setup.
When I tried to hook it up, I noticed that the DVI connectors on the R9 290 do not have the 4 holes for the analog VGA signal so my dummy plugs do not fit.
Now I'm testing it with the monitor hooked up to it but eventually I want to install 2 of those cards and run the monitor off the integrated onboard GPU (if I use a monitor at all).
If I do not install the dummy plugs or a monitor, I can mine on the R9 290 but it will not let me read the temps, fan settings etc.

Any suggstions how to get this working?

Check your motherboard, most motherboard have slot which you do not need dummy plug and some needed... So you should be able to run 2 with only 1 monitor....
Activity: 502
Merit: 500
November 15, 2013, 09:26:11 PM
When I tried to hook it up, I noticed that the DVI connectors on the R9 290 do not have the 4 holes for the analog VGA signal so my dummy plugs do not fit.
Now I'm testing it with the monitor hooked up to it but eventually I want to install 2 of those cards and run the monitor off the integrated onboard GPU (if I use a monitor at all).
If I do not install the dummy plugs or a monitor, I can mine on the R9 290 but it will not let me read the temps, fan settings etc.

You can always buy a motherboard that can support mutiple GPU without dummy plug...
Activity: 332
Merit: 250
November 15, 2013, 05:26:27 PM

Pages:
Jump to: