Pages:
Author

Topic: Dwolla Begins PayPal-Style Account Suspensions - page 2. (Read 2519 times)

Activity: 323
Merit: 250
I'm confused what was the problem here...

Is there more between the lines, or are we not allowed to use Dwolla to pay people back? 

Or does it depend on what we're paying them back for?

I was told that it would be safest to use the account only for MtGox transfers and not send or receive money to or from anyone else, because they can't tell what those transfers are for. So, if you want to keep your account I'd restrict it to MtGox transfers only. Unfortunately, they didn't warn me that this was the policy ahead of time, so now I can't get my account back.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1031
I'm confused what was the problem here...

Is there more between the lines, or are we not allowed to use Dwolla to pay people back? 

Or does it depend on what we're paying them back for?
Activity: 323
Merit: 250
It's getting harder and harder to use fiat money to buy bitcoins:

Dwolla has moved beyond closing the accounts of those it can prove are operating unlicensed exchanges and has begun closing the accounts of private individuals based on a mere affiliation.

It’s not just some random Bitcoiner they began with, either. On Wednesday, January 23rd Dwolla suspended the account of StompRomp founder Josh Harvey. Here are the circumstances...

http://codinginmysleep.com/dwolla-begins-suspensions/
Pages:
Jump to: