Pages:
Author

Topic: Dying coins - page 2. (Read 2069 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
August 01, 2013, 11:17:25 AM
+1 if anyones interested in helping out with BTE or Tenebrix and possibly Fairbrix if all goes well, join the #crypto-expert or #tenebrix irc channels on freenode

If i were to give you political advice ahmed - the time is right now to sponsor a gpu miner for this currency as if you do not at least open the discussion on here , you run the strong risk of looking like you and a small group are trying to bring back from the grave a former pre-mined currency for another run at the pre-mine press .

Tenerbrix i actually like the name and I'm sure our team could do something with that , but without peer community support , its dubious retrospective past is problematic .

also of course there is the question of the original Block chain , where are all those units now?

i'll give this a "too many problems , not much direction. "
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.
August 01, 2013, 11:09:30 AM
It isn't possible to desirable to try to make every coin profitable.

1) There isn't enough bitcoin support The alt community has a specific amount of capital to spend on altcoins. If every coin tried to be profitable, none would be profitable.

2) Tose coins died for a reason. We didn't let a sound coin with significant innovation die. It can be argued that the coins that have succeeded are too similar as it is, why would you want them to become profitable? We don't want to spread the hashrate out.

3) Those devs are busy. They work their asses off already, so they likely don't have time to fix other coins. I personally wouldn't feel comfortable asking them to resurrect someone else's coin instead of building their own coin community.

Just my opinion, of course.

i could agree with that, and by working on BTE i can definitly agree life's too busy, one of the main reasons ive got back into tenebrix is because people like Wolf and Lolcust actually have some good ideas, innovations i reckon to be implemented into the revived coin which no dev has been able to figure out yet
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
August 01, 2013, 11:05:11 AM
let them die - but in the process , don't 51% attack them  as that will only give them press and then some scammer will pick it up and try to make it into something/pretend it wasn't premined or a scam from its origin.

best just let the market decide these things , as most are not so much "cryptocurrencies" as a way to happily bilk people of actual cryptocurrencies , how can you revive something like that ?

i mean FTC , might , i mean might,  make it but i honestly doubt it , dumb guys will keep doing the same thing for a long time after realizing its dumb, its easy to cut and paste .

So you don't "need" a poll , do what we all do , know they are a scam and support honest currency.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
August 01, 2013, 11:02:16 AM
It isn't possible to desirable to try to make every coin profitable.

1) There isn't enough bitcoin support The alt community has a specific amount of capital to spend on altcoins. If every coin tried to be profitable, none would be profitable.

2) Tose coins died for a reason. We didn't let a sound coin with significant innovation die. It can be argued that the coins that have succeeded are too similar as it is, why would you want them to become profitable? We don't want to spread the hashrate out.

3) Those devs are busy. They work their asses off already, so they likely don't have time to fix other coins. I personally wouldn't feel comfortable asking them to resurrect someone else's coin instead of building their own coin community.

Just my opinion, of course.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.
August 01, 2013, 10:59:24 AM
+1 if anyones interested in helping out with BTE or Tenebrix and possibly Fairbrix if all goes well, join the #crypto-expert or #tenebrix irc channels on freenode
Activity: 874
Merit: 1000
August 01, 2013, 10:58:45 AM
let them die
legendary
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
August 01, 2013, 10:57:03 AM
We all know there are a few coins that are dying out because the devs bailed out with the premine parachute. I was talking to a few guys and they suggested that devs of current coins like Franko, FST, DGC etc take over the dev of these coins and help get them actuall profitable again. What is your opinion?
Pages:
Jump to: