Pages:
Author

Topic: Early exposure of children to wealth and investments - page 2. (Read 1228 times)

Activity: 2884
Merit: 620
Back on the topic. A lot of parents are trying to realize their unfulfilled dreams or achievements with their children. And teaching about investment is one of such things.
This is true, when they've got unfulfilled dreams these parents just want to see their children fulfill it and become successful with it. But as a parent, it's a normal act when they teach them everything that they want to know.

And it will depend on their kid if they want to get into investment but most likely, many of these children won't have an idea why they have to go with it because all they know is to play.

But kids nowadays are different as many are also fond of learning for more.

Why would children even learn about investment at their early age? To have a lot of money, that they dont care right now?
It depends on your perspective, if your kid shows interest on it then give them access into learning more about it. Otherwise, just give them some idea on what investing is.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 326
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
When parents raise their children not by pampering them, of course the children will be better prepared to face various situations in their lives and they will also be able to survive by earning their own income to meet their needs and not depend on their parents, of course this is it would be better than pampering children so that they would have difficulty if when they grow up they can no longer get attention from their parents.
And for those who can spend their money on the things they need, of course when they have their own income they will be able to manage their finances well.

I think at certain stage parents should show their harsh action to their children because a continues tampering will make their children to adopt bad habits. Those children will be successful who learn about saving from an early age so they can easily save money and invest when needed.

Parents should not allow huge sum of money to use by their children because excessive money is the only thing that often spoils the children. Previously people were dependent on government job which was only possible if children reach to the age of 18 years. But now there are lots of online jobs which we can introduce to our children so they will be able to earn by themselves without depending on parents.
Activity: 595
Merit: 36
I've noticed that one as well. These wealthy people raise their children just like how everyone else raise their children by not taking away their childhood traits forcibly to focus on money making aspects. But, they are raised without getting spoiled with money to spend on all useless things. In fact they are being taught how to spend money wisely and how to be resourceful even with a lot of money the parents have. Again, these are being taught without stealing away their childhood traits. This is the difference between wealthy people raising their children and the average one who just let their children enjoy spending mindlessly.

When parents raise their children not by pampering them, of course the children will be better prepared to face various situations in their lives and they will also be able to survive by earning their own income to meet their needs and not depend on their parents, of course this is it would be better than pampering children so that they would have difficulty if when they grow up they can no longer get attention from their parents.
And for those who can spend their money on the things they need, of course when they have their own income they will be able to manage their finances well.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1176
….
Children, let them have children's character... forcing them to grow up too quickly, I don't think is a good idea... What is certain is that when they grow up, we hope that a child can make our investment experience a good lesson.

All these wealthy people are constantly searching for ways to raise their kids in a way that differs from that of the average person.

I've noticed that one as well. These wealthy people raise their children just like how everyone else raise their children by not taking away their childhood traits forcibly to focus on money making aspects. But, they are raised without getting spoiled with money to spend on all useless things. In fact they are being taught how to spend money wisely and how to be resourceful even with a lot of money the parents have. Again, these are being taught without stealing away their childhood traits. This is the difference between wealthy people raising their children and the average one who just let their children enjoy spending mindlessly.

Also wealthy people raise their kids in a different way to make their kids have different vision on certain things. To create an ability to see from different angle. Where average person see just a result, others might see an opportunity. Or they raise them differently, to make kids understand that there is always another option. While many see 2+2=4, they teach that 2+2=2*2.

Back on the topic. A lot of parents are trying to realize their unfulfilled dreams or achievements with their children. And teaching about investment is one of such things. Why would children even learn about investment at their early age? To have a lot of money, that they dont care right now?
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
I think children should be given formal education through which they can easily understand good and bad.  Education will free people from blindness and will surely make a smart life warrior.  Besides formal education they must be taught morals and religious knowledge.  They also need to be trained as hardworking and thrifty.  A wise and talented child can multiply the meager wealth of his parents by his knowledge.  On the other hand  a spoilded child may lose his father's reign.  But it is also true that a child takes a long time to mature.  An accident may happen to either of his parents or both of them.  That's why I think parents should document any major investment from the outset to smooth the way for their child.  It means that even if the parent has enough financial resources, it can never be desirable that his child will be deprived and his child will be neglected in the society.  So I think parents must pay attention to this.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 549
Rollbit
….
Children, let them have children's character... forcing them to grow up too quickly, I don't think is a good idea... What is certain is that when they grow up, we hope that a child can make our investment experience a good lesson.

All these wealthy people are constantly searching for ways to raise their kids in a way that differs from that of the average person.

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
There's no better time to expose your children to your investment and business as they will start early and be exposed to their parents are doing and it will give them a better understanding of how the business and investment is
This is good because when ever the parents are no more the business will be in safe hands, because allot of business have closed down due to lack of sufficient knowledge by the children when they take away after the demise of their parents
Activity: 2268
Merit: 263
I am a prime example of how raising your children and staring them on everything possible as early as possible is life changing.  My father was an extremely successful guy who was very investment savvy.  I remember being 7-8 years old seeing him sit at his computer placing stock trades.  I remember him teaching me, and it just being so damn confusing and I'll never forget saying "I'll never understand this stuff, it's so interesting and cool but man, I can't wrap my brain around it".  Well now it's what I do for a living, teach people about investing, as a financial advisor.  I take great pride in being an ethical advisor and doing things the right way.  I have my father to thank, I just wish he'd have been around to see it.  So heck yes, there's absolutely nothing wrong with teaching them at age 1!  I kid, but seriously.  My favorite legendary hacktavist's father use to play educational tapes for him when he was a baby in the crib.  His mother thought he was nuts.  The guy become a genius programmer, and Mr Robot the tv show in part is based off of him.  It's never to early for those of you parents in this thread.  Of course don't shove it down their throats, but introduce all sorts of stuff to them.  It will pay off.
Isnt this story is about early teaching, but about being an example? I mean you have become successful and what you are now not because you were taught to be like this, but your father was a living example of success. With his success, he has infected you with success. It was not him that taught you, but you looked at him and wanted to become that "extremely successful guy" and he only gave you the direction? So instead of early expose children to things, we should become successful in investment and the kids will become like us. Its children dream "to be like my father or mother". But not our duty to create from children something that we havent achieved or succeed.
It is true that every child will certainly aspire to be like their parents in doing everything and as you have said, make ourselves successful first as parents so that we can be good role models for our children later and if as parents we cannot be successful in a field while they force their children to be successful in that field of course they will be very unlikely to be successful according to our wishes, because they may not like the field we want to teach them, but if we have been successful in a field Of course they will be interested in learning what we have achieved.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1176
I am a prime example of how raising your children and staring them on everything possible as early as possible is life changing.  My father was an extremely successful guy who was very investment savvy.  I remember being 7-8 years old seeing him sit at his computer placing stock trades.  I remember him teaching me, and it just being so damn confusing and I'll never forget saying "I'll never understand this stuff, it's so interesting and cool but man, I can't wrap my brain around it".  Well now it's what I do for a living, teach people about investing, as a financial advisor.  I take great pride in being an ethical advisor and doing things the right way.  I have my father to thank, I just wish he'd have been around to see it.  So heck yes, there's absolutely nothing wrong with teaching them at age 1!  I kid, but seriously.  My favorite legendary hacktavist's father use to play educational tapes for him when he was a baby in the crib.  His mother thought he was nuts.  The guy become a genius programmer, and Mr Robot the tv show in part is based off of him.  It's never to early for those of you parents in this thread.  Of course don't shove it down their throats, but introduce all sorts of stuff to them.  It will pay off.

Isnt this story is about early teaching, but about being an example? I mean you have become successful and what you are now not because you were taught to be like this, but your father was a living example of success. With his success, he has infected you with success. It was not him that taught you, but you looked at him and wanted to become that "extremely successful guy" and he only gave you the direction? So instead of early expose children to things, we should become successful in investment and the kids will become like us. Its children dream "to be like my father or mother". But not our duty to create from children something that we havent achieved or succeed.
Activity: 966
Merit: 276
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
I guess it is bad idea to hide any income or money saved or invested for "training" a offspring. Sure, being transparent might make them demand to purchase something, but then educating them about good and bad investments will be better. It will be bad to give them big money before they are mature, but they should at the least know the resources and funds stored or earned for them and for their future by their parents, because death is certain and can come at anytime and all those complications like "hidden money" etc. can cause fights, or a reason for struggle for the rest of the family. Cheesy

It depends on how you raise your child, I agree that it's better not being too transparent to them when it comes to your savings but
the only thing we are talking about here is teaching them how to manage their finances, savings and investments (if there's some) while they are still young, because there is a great possibility that once they know how to properly handle their money, they will no longer be dependent on their parents when the time came when they were getting old. Most people from South East Asian countries, even though the children are of legal age, they still depend on their parents and do not know how to handle their own money and income, so there are instances where the parents are also in charge in everything because their child is in the right and legal age already but all decisions in life of them still depend on their parents. You said, We don't know when we will die or disappear from their company, so it is better to do it while they are young and when they think everything about it, they will learn as early as now.
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 3002
Activity: 2184
Merit: 718
Children's ages in terms of responsibility vary and parents must recognize this first if they want to teach investing to their children. It is natural for parents to teach their children how to earn money so that when the child grows up and has responsibilities with his family, he can adapt more quickly to earning money. Every parent does have a responsibility to direct their children to be better prepared to live life, but parents do not need to force their wishes so that their children can follow in their footsteps.
Apart from that, not all children today want to follow in their parents' footsteps by what their parents did in the past. Because a child also has his own dreams and desires in organizing his life after going through several levels of education which are necessary for him, so this must also be understood by every parent even though the goal of the parents is to be able to earn money in a way that is not so difficult in future. But as parents who are good at educating their children, they also need to see it as a positive point if their own children have better desires than them for the future.

If we're honest, our parents never introduced us to investing or trading, but there was always a way for us to get involved. And vice versa for our children because I'm sure one day they will find their own way to earn money. Although we see great potential in bitcoin and I would rather advise them to learn to know it themselves so they can be more responsible when making investments.
Our parents don't need to tell us how to invest and trade, especially if our parents don't come from a crypto background and have never known about Bitcoin. But it is also not impossible for us to know for ourselves after undergoing some special learning through anything so that we ourselves can also make wiser decisions when we want to do work such as trading and investing in the best assets such as Bitcoin. So each person is more likely to find a different path when they live life independently without relying on their parents at any given time.
Activity: 558
Merit: 131
Is it right to tell your children all the investment you've made even when they're not yet matured enough? If no, At what age should they start knowing about those investment?
it's not necessary to expose your children to your wealth at an early age. Some might become lazy because they might appear as though their future as already been sorted out and so thier is no need to hustle again. Treat them well and don't deny them of any previledges they are entitled to but don't allow them to suffer because you're trying to pass the right moral training to them.

It's good to also ensure that your investment are secured and in safe hands so if anything happens to your impromptu, they wouldn't have difficulty accessing your wealth.
Activity: 686
Merit: 527
Leo is resting.
….

i agree that forcing your children to understand investment since they are small is unnecessary, because it is better for children to go to school and play. there is time to help them understand investment, maybe in junior high school we as parents can give them a little bit of investment lessons, because at that age their brains can already process learning related to investment and things related to it.

Nowadays children are of computer age they are very fast in learning new things, new ideas and they are very fast to understand and put in practice what they see most adults do easily introducing them to things thatcwil be of great benefits to them as they keep growing won't affect their performance in school nor stop them from playing but it will give them an edge to keep in mind that they will be doing the kind of investment they see their parents or guidance do. Of course you won't start introducing them when they are at the age when they know nothing about computer nor how to operate cell phones nor other gaming devices but you start grooming them to start liking investment once they have come of age and are interested to also learn it should not be forced on them though.
Activity: 280
Merit: 172
….

All these wealthy people are constantly searching for ways to raise their kids in a way that differs from that of the average person. Their child's parents always want the best for them in everything. and maintain the standing. Rather than imposing things on the child, they ought to give them a break and let them enjoy the childhood they are meant to have. Furthermore, it won't be something new when the child's turn comes to demonstrate certain traits.

i agree that forcing your children to understand investment since they are small is unnecessary, because it is better for children to go to school and play. there is time to help them understand investment, maybe in junior high school we as parents can give them a little bit of investment lessons, because at that age their brains can already process learning related to investment and things related to it.
We are aware that some things are innately transmitted from parents to their offspring. However, pushing people to invest isn't a really a good idea. Give them permission to enjoy their youth, and as a result, some kids won't even know what play or affection are when they grow up. They need more time to truly grasp that life is about more than simply trying to make ends meet since they are constantly too serious. If they even continue going to school there a lot of things they will learn and when there time come they will perform very well. The parent should just allow the whole process play out. And not force.
legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 1213
Call your grandparents and tell them you love them
Some parents allow their children to do everything so their children are regularly wasting money on useless activities so there is a greater role of parents in carrying out their children and to enhance their skills to live a healthy life.
The parent's role is to moderate their child in spending and pointing out how they could have spent it better after having a sit-down discussion at the end of the day. If the child is not willing to listen, their spending needs to be controlled and eventually they will learn their folly, because they want to buy things for themselves and unless they budget their spending they cannot afford it. It is a bit harsh but important to build their future spending habit.

Eventually as they grow older and get educated enough, investments and inheritance can be introduced to them just like sex education. Grin
Activity: 1190
Merit: 315
….

I don't know if we have a different understanding of the question, but as I understand it, the intention is to only tell the children about the investment. It means that they are part of the coverage or only being part of those people who know about the parent's investment. It doesn't necessarily mean that the parents are forcing the younger generation to study and should learn about investment at an early age.

They are only considered to be part of this confidential information to at least make them know the use and purpose of the investment. I think the kids should know about this, the parents are responsible for telling the investment or at least putting it somewhere with the information about the investment.

So, when the time comes that the parents suddenly die, the kids will know the use or purpose of the investment. They can use it to their advantage, and they will never be taken advantage of by some adult that surrounds them.
Activity: 644
Merit: 152
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
….

legendary
Activity: 2842
Merit: 1152
Children's ages in terms of responsibility vary and parents must recognize this first if they want to teach investing to their children. It is natural for parents to teach their children how to earn money so that when the child grows up and has responsibilities with his family, he can adapt more quickly to earning money. Every parent does have a responsibility to direct their children to be better prepared to live life, but parents do not need to force their wishes so that their children can follow in their footsteps.

If we're honest, our parents never introduced us to investing or trading, but there was always a way for us to get involved. And vice versa for our children because I'm sure one day they will find their own way to earn money. Although we see great potential in bitcoin and I would rather advise them to learn to know it themselves so they can be more responsible when making investments.
It is true that not every kid could understand the concept at the same age, while you can teach one at 7 years old and would understand, the other may not still understand at 14, it depends on their interest. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying anyone who doesn't understand it at the age of 7 could be stupid, far from the truth, people who are 7 year old are just kids, and you need to be a lot more careful about what you are wishing for if you want them to understand it, if they have an interest on it then they would ,but maybe that kid would not understand anything about art at all, until they are in their 20's, or they do not get anything about something else, basically it is not about how smart you are, it's about how interested the kid is.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 714
Of course everyone will teach their children the importance of preparing for their future in order to be able to live their lives well and if their children are used to living in luxury, of course they have to teach them to be able to live independently so that when they face the world of work they must be ready to do anything. which is indeed their responsibility, because of their habits of living a luxurious life, of course they will not be ready for the world of work which gives them responsibilities and cannot complete their work well.

It's not a good thing if parents force their children to grow faster and it would be better to give their children the freedom to be able to choose their pleasures first and when they are adults, then tell them about investments so they can prepare for their future.

Pages:
Jump to: